S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Requesting Help

Old 11-02-2003, 01:29 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Default Requesting Help

The site's library is new from what we had in the past. All previous articles and how-to's need to be redone. We are looking for folks who can spare some time and energy to help up develop the library.

What we are looking for:

We need people to write articles which involves gathering information from the site, and written into article format. It will require you to browse the whole site and put together this information.

How-to's
FAQ's
Anything and everything that relates to the S2000.

We are using a package called eZpublish. You do not need experience in this to help us out. If you can do the leg work, put everything together in word format, with images included, we will do the rest. If you do have experience with EZp, please step forward as this would speed up the library information drastically.

We want a libary where people can go to and spend some time reviewing and gathering information for their own interest. Please review the library as it stands now.

You can let me know if you are interested. This is something that needs to be done, and it will take quite a while to accomplish. I posted this request here as opposed to site info, as we have posted requests before, but no one has stepped up to the plate to give us a hand. I thought that you folks may have more time than the young whipper snappers. Feel free to PM me with your interest.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a "winter storage tips" list in MS WORD that I compiled from posts on the board a year or so ago. I think Doug in Upstate NY (Triple-H) created most of the tips. Dave (xviper) has sent people my way in search of this document and I usually send them the doc via email. Unfortunately, it is not a narrative, rather a listing of to-do's. If that helps, I'd be happy to email it.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Former Moderator

Sure, this is what we need. I was hoping we could get a few more volunteers.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:54 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

HondaGal,

I'm not sure how I can assist, but I did want you to know that I think the latest revisions in the library are an OUTSTANDING improvement. The TSB library is great!!! Nice, nice work.

I PM'd cthree to express my pleasure with this newly revamped part of the site.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd help if I knew how. Sorry. I'm a novice at this computer stuff. I turned one on for the first time less than 2 years ago.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help with content, but I'll be glad to help with proofreading.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:48 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by OhioRacer
I have a "winter storage tips" list ...
What in the world would I doooooooooo with that advice
24/7/12/365
Old 11-04-2003, 03:33 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

BTW, Jerry, congratulations on your fourth ! Happy 3rd s2ki b-day.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:36 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Honda Gal,

I started a thread some time ago about aftermarket exhausts. It got pretty big. My idea was to compile info on price, sound, weight and claimed performance gains for the most popular systems. If I can find that thread and some of the newer ones I could put that article together in word. I have no clue about e-Zpublish.

I was also going to do a how-to article on the easiest way to remove your stock exhaust system with pictures. I learned that there is a specific order to the removal which makes the system fall right off. Some people have had a hard time getting it off and I thought my proceedure might help. I haven't got around to it because I keep putting off the purchase of a new computer and a digital camera, but I bet i could work with some of my buddies here and put it together.

As for time on my hands...Ha! But I'll do what I can. Let me know if the two above suggestions are of interest.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:11 PM
Former Moderator

Yes legal bill, that sounds great! and a lot of work.

I have really only one person willing to help out. My goal was to put a team together to work the site and put together some top notch articles for our members. BTW, you get credit, I note in the article who submitted it. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Requesting Help