S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Car Cover Question

Old 04-24-2006, 06:16 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Car Cover Question

Hey guys,
I just found out over the weekend that there's been water dripping on my car between the passenger side front of my windshield and passenger side mirror and then down my passenger door (depending on how I park), and it's leaving behind mineral deposits of some sort on my car (I was able to clay some of it off, but before I realized what the stuff was, I'll clay off the rest ASAP).

I'm thinking about getting a car cover for when I park in the garage. From what I've seen, it sounds like a lot of you use the Honda OEM car cover in doors, so that's what I'm considering. However, I have 2 questions:

1. Does the fact that little drops of water is dripping on my car make a difference in my decision? (should I get an all weather car cover instead? I don't really see the point of it, but I figured I'd get some insight here)

2. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a car cover (Honda OEM, or depending on the answer to 1, perhaps something else). So far, www.handa-accessories.com seem to have the best deal (~$175 shipped).

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2006, 07:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PeaceLove&S2K,Apr 24 2006, 06:16 AM
Hey guys,
I just found out over the weekend that there's been water dripping on my car between the passenger side front of my windshield and passenger side mirror and then down my passenger door (depending on how I park), and it's leaving behind mineral deposits of some sort on my car (I was able to clay some of it off, but before I realized what the stuff was, I'll clay off the rest ASAP).

I'm thinking about getting a car cover for when I park in the garage. From what I've seen, it sounds like a lot of you use the Honda OEM car cover in doors, so that's what I'm considering. However, I have 2 questions:

1. Does the fact that little drops of water is dripping on my car make a difference in my decision? (should I get an all weather car cover instead? I don't really see the point of it, but I figured I'd get some insight here)

2. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a car cover (Honda OEM, or depending on the answer to 1, perhaps something else). So far, www.handa-accessories.com seem to have the best deal (~$175 shipped).

Thanks!
the honda cover is a great dust cover- i have two of them. but, it is not water proof...
so the water would still get through. the mineral deposits would stay on the cover.

so to keep the water off of your car you would need a diff cover.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:25 AM

Thanks wanabe! It isn't a lot of water though, like two drops after my car has been there almost a full 24 hours.

I'll shop around though, to see if there's a better, more weather proof, cover.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:47 AM

http://216.60.144.111/ecatcust/getx.asp?op...1&vid=573597136

Have any of you had experience with any of these?

I'm thinking something under $200 (Evolution, Block-It 350F, or Dusttop - Dusttop doesn't seem to be waterproof though).
Old 04-24-2006, 09:16 PM
mc2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why dont you just fix the leak instead?
Old 04-25-2006, 02:03 PM

Trying to get that done as well, but it's a shared garage in the condo, so I'll need to potentially get the person who lives in the unit above my car to fix the problem.

That's going to take time, so in the meantime, I'm getting a indoor car cover (which I was planning to get for winter storage anyway).
Old 04-25-2006, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Noah from Covercraft for my S. it is great...it fits wells and holds well with rain. I think it is about 168.00
Old 04-25-2006, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the Honda cover (doesnt scratch paint if car is CLEAN) and a waterproof aftermarket one as well....but its just a bit overkill for the inside if you ask me. Fix the leak, or hang a bucket from the ceiling to catch the water over your car.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:16 AM

Thanks guys, I got the Covercraft Evolution.

I was originally planning to get a car cover anyway, for the winter months (after last winter, when I washed my car I found a bunch of little black/rust-colored spots that wouldn't wash off). So I guess I just ended up getting the cover a few months early.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just make sure the car is SPOTLESS before you cover it, even the slightest bit of dust will scratch the paint when a cover is applied.

Quick Reply: Car Cover Question