S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Is this a good start?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good start?

I just sent my order to DetailersDomain! I hope it's a good start to making my car look it's best

I was going to order Lusso wax too but i didn't have enough monies. I have a turtle wax from a couple months ago, should I use this instead for now? Hope I didn't waste my money on something unnecessary. (powerlock?)

Let me know what you guys think!

Ps. Got a killer deal because the griots kit was on sale! ($268 free ship)

[attachment=26512:dd detail cart.htm]
Attached Files
File Type: htm
dd detail cart.htm (47.8 KB, 41 views)
Old 09-06-2012, 08:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Skip on the Turtle. Power lock is all you really need. If you want to top the sealant with a wax I would look at Mequier's NXT 2.0 it is half decent.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:53 AM

Thanks man I will take a look. Do they sell lusso only online? What do you use for paint correction?
Old 09-06-2012, 03:52 PM

meguiars MF system correction compund, ultimate compound, or m105, 205
Old 09-06-2012, 04:03 PM

do you think the menzerna products I bought will be able to correct swirling ok on my GPW?
Old 09-06-2012, 04:38 PM

Received 729 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by psynx
meguiars MF system correction compund, ultimate compound, or m105, 205
Good choices. I have had great results with 105/205 and will be trying the MF system soon. I like Wet Diamond All Paint Protection by Blackfire for my final protectant.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by SalvagedS2k
Thanks man I will take a look. Do they sell lusso only online? What do you use for paint correction?
I have not used Lusso. I like Autoglym HD and Prima Banana Gloss and have plenty of that to keep me going for the next year LOL.

I use Menzerna products for compound, polishing, and sealing. Prima Amigo may slip in the mix on some cars over Menzerna 85RD, good stuff.

do you think the menzerna products I bought will be able to correct swirling ok on my GPW?
Menzerna is my preferred compound these days. So yes it will be more then good for your GPW, make sure you work it though (1-2min on a 18"x18"area minimm, you will have to learn how the compound changes as you polish with it to know when to wipe off (basically gets real clear and oily in apperance). Trick with white paint to correct very well is looking at the paint at very low angles (head almost on the car) with the light spilling over the car towards you at a slightly steeper angle but with lower intensity (it will wash out the defects from brightness). This will help you see the defects and get the most correction out of the car.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by SilverS2kF22C1
Menzerna is my preferred compound these days. So yes it will be more then good for your GPW, make sure you work it though (1-2min on a 18"x18"area minimm, you will have to learn how the compound changes as you polish with it to know when to wipe off (basically gets real clear and oily in apperance). Trick with white paint to correct very well is looking at the paint at very low angles (head almost on the car) with the light spilling over the car towards you at a slightly steeper angle but with lower intensity (it will wash out the defects from brightness). This will help you see the defects and get the most correction out of the car.
Thanks for the reply! Did you own a gpw? You sound like you have experience. This will be my first time ever using a buffer, do you know of any good threads that can walk me through the correction? Thanks again!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 AM

Has anyone used that foam gun? Its not the pressure washer kind, just the regular hose. I'm wondering how well it foams?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by SilverS2kF22C1' timestamp='1347017535' post='21994535
Thanks for the reply! Did you own a gpw? You sound like you have experience. This will be my first time ever using a buffer, do you know of any good threads that can walk me through the correction? Thanks again!
I haven't owned a GPW but detail as a hobby and have worked on several white cars through the years. Recent white car done -> http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...yman-white.htm

Has anyone used that foam gun? Its not the pressure washer kind, just the regular hose. I'm wondering how well it foams?
I like to use a foam gun to start the process off. You won't find anything that really foams and dwells using hose water pressure here in the states. Over the pond they have some great stuff that does... But it is a good way to get loose contaminants off the car and but down a film to reduce the potential of introducing more defects.

Quick Reply: Is this a good start?