S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Klasse All In one

Old 07-18-2007, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to use the Klasse AIO on new cars that just needed a "sterile" surface for a sealant to bond to. It worked well for that. These days, I am using the Zaino AIO prior to application of almost any sealant/wax just to insure the surface is ready. While I used Klasse for about 2 years and the Zaino AIO thus far about 3 months, I think I can already conclude that the ZAIO is a bit more user friendly.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:18 AM
RBR

you can also use Jeff Werkstatt's products. easy to use.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:21 AM

^ That is a great suggestion. I prefer the standard Prime over the Klasse in most applications. I hear great things about Prime Strong but have not tried it yet. Any experience with it?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:21 AM

Well, I jsut got part of my order in the mail. Got All my Sonus Products (Sonus SFX-1, SFX-2, SFX-3, And Paintwork Cleanser) Butttt I still don't get my UDM Until Tomorrow What a cock tease

I called around to local shops, and nobody has heard of Zaino or Klasse..... *sighs* Looks Like it won't be until monday now
Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zaino or Klasse don't have to be your only choices.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:55 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RBR,Jul 18 2007, 01:18 PM
you can also use Jeff Werkstatt's products. easy to use.

I almost wish I'd ordered Prime Strong instead of regular Prime. Tho regular Prime works great.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:49 AM

Don't worry about the final products initially. Make sure that you prep (wash / clay / polish / touchups / etc) very thoroughly and just about anything you put on top will look good.

Klasse AIO and SG aren't the most user-friendly products out there. That being said, I use (and will continue to use) both as in terms of durability for a car that sits outside all the time, there aren't many other choices (though if I wanted to invest the time, effort, and money to find other choices, the juice probably wouldn't be worth the squeeze). These products leave the finish very reflective and somewhat sterile looking (i.e. it looks very clean, but without depth).

Topping the Klasse twins with a carnauba like P21S or S100 will increase the depth and shine of the finish while adding another layer of protection (although inferior to the protection provided by the synthetic sealants). Also, I've found that carnaubas reduce the sandblasted appearance of the front bumper for those who daily drive their car.

The downside to all of this (detailing in general) is it will take time to make it look good and keep it looking good.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:10 PM

AIO is as user friendly as they get....You just wipe it on and two seconds later wipe it off since no drying time is needed. I use it for prep regardless of whether I've polished first since it cleans off the oils that are left behind by many polishes which can cause bonding issues with some sealants.

I also does a great job cleaning wheels, and I usually go over them with AIO prior to a sealant or wheel wax when I'm doing a full detail.

Although, since I have made the switch from SG to Zaino, (Huge improvent here!) I will probably also make the switch to Z-AIO when I run out of the Klasse.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:21 PM

I used ZAIO, and it was pretty easy, It had some dark staining marks, where it seemed to overlap, and it took a LONG time to buff them out by hand, before I put two coats of Meguiars Liquid wax, topped with a coat of P21S.

It seemed to dry really quick, like... literally as quickly as I could apply it, and my car was cool. Is this normal? Anyway to prevent the dark lines (Is it from overlapping coats, without wiping it off, cause I went around the entire hood with ZAIO, before I went back and wiped it off)

I need to detail my truck too, I might order some Klasse AIO (its a huge ****ing truck. One ton, Dualie, extended cab, long bed. It's 18-20 feet long, if I remember right.) That way I won't go through an entire bottle of ZAIO on the truck :-P
Old 07-22-2007, 08:22 AM

Did you apply the ZAIO with your UDM or by hand? When I apply it via machine I have never had the streaking issues. Typically I apply 3 small dots to a pad (7.5" usually) and work a panel until the stuff basically disappears. If the temperature is cool, I will typically polish the entire car before I go back to remove it. If it seems hard to remove, I will use a light spray of Z6 on my towel.

If you are getting streaking, I imagine you are using too much product. With all Zaino products, the trick is to use as little as possible. How much were you using?

-GT

Quick Reply: Klasse All In one