S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner

Old 11-16-2014, 08:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner

I'm switching from the Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner to Lexol...

Heard great things about the Lexol products, but have zero experience with them...

Is there a difference between buying Lexol in the spray bottles versus the "suntan lotion style" bottle? Is it the same product, just in different bottles? Or is one a liquid versus a lotion?

Any tips on the best sizes and places to purchase? What about application tips/techniques?

Thanks...
Old 11-16-2014, 08:04 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

wal-mart sells it. probably the cheapest
let the product sit a while after rubbing it in or put a towel down
Old 11-17-2014, 03:30 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

The Zaino new leather is a much better product, and can be used on leather or vinyl plus it's non greasy and takes half the time of Lexol.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
The Zaino new leather is a much better product, and can be used on leather or vinyl plus it's non greasy and takes half the time of Lexol.
Ooops... I typed "Zaino", but what I really meant was Zymol...
Old 11-17-2014, 03:25 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I've been using the Lexol products for the 11 years I've owned my S. Works fine for me. I usually wipe it on and let it sit overnight. A quick buff the next day to finish it off. I've strictly used the spray bottles, but the lotion style bottles would be easier if it is the same product.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:31 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

^ you clean first then let conditioner sit overnight? I'll try this next cleaning...
Old 11-17-2014, 04:53 PM

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,443 Posts

The problem with creams is that they plug up the perforated holes in the seats, stick with the spray bottles, spray it onto a towel or foam applicator and then wipe on the seat surface. I also like to let the product sit for a bit.

I've used Lexol quite a bit, and I am now using Pinnacle which is also a great leather product, it has a UV protector and comes in a cleaner and conditioner all in one product. I'm really liking the cleaner and conditioner all in one products that many companies are now producing, less work doing it in one step.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll never use Lexol again.

Picked up a bottle of their cleaner and a bottle of conditioner from Walmart to use on my seats. I start using the cleaner, as directed, and immediately a white splotch shows up on the bottom panel of my driver's side seat cover. After trying distilled water and their conditioner (which only made it turn yellow), I got in touch with their customer service department. They stated that due to the history of the seat cover (as if they had any idea what the history might have been), the manufacturing process, and the wear that I had caused, they were sure that their product couldn't possibly have caused the damage. They also stated that they were positive the product met their stringent specifications, even though the bottle was never shipped back for testing and is still in my possession.

Switched to Surf City Garage Voodoo Blend Leather Rejuvenator and really like it. Not only does it make the leather feel great, but it smells wonderful as well.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:54 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Yikes, scary story XxMerlinxX. Did you end up having to re-dye that portion of the seat?
Old 11-18-2014, 09:44 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Memo6453
^ you clean first then let conditioner sit overnight? I'll try this next cleaning...
Yes.

Quick Reply: Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner