S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Rough layer of some sort on top of paint

Old 09-13-2005, 03:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

MikeyC - yeah, i guess intimidated is the best word to describe my current fear lol, no but I just want to get myself comfortable on cleaning my car properly with how much wax to use, how to buff it out, etc... because I haven't done this before. So i hate to rush into getting all these different products and miss-use them all at the same time. So now that I'm more comfortable I think its time to move up to claying and using real wax. Also its the perfect time because here in florida summer is almost over and so it doesn't rain like randomly 3times a week. So its perfect to upgrade to a real wax.

I also wanted to ask, if anyone heard of Shining Monkey car products. I seen the products on cars before and they look awesome. I might give in and buy their clay kit and shampoo.

edit* heres the link http://www.shiningmonkey.com/
Old 09-13-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never heard of Shining Monkey before, but I find a lot of what you use is a matter of preference. The big difference comes in preparing the paint. Anyway, I used to live in Coral Gables, FL so I know how strong the sun is down there, how much it rains, and how hot it gets. Given the environmental factors your car has to deal with on a regular basis, if I were you I would use a polymer paint protectant and not a wax. It should last longer given the extremely hot weather.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the for-what-it's-worth category, a detailer told me Saturday that he never recommends sponges for washing - according to him, they can trap grit that might scratch the surface. He only uses and recommends using soft, 100% cotton cloth. I'm not taking a position on this one - just passing the opinion along and hope to get some of the "experts" on this forum to give their $.02 worth.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:22 PM

yeah, my bad it wasn't a sponge... I was in a hurry typing my response hehe.

polymer paint protectant eh? hmm, what are some brands that are good?
Old 09-13-2005, 09:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by djdorifto,Sep 13 2005, 08:22 PM
yeah, my bad it wasn't a sponge... I was in a hurry typing my response hehe.

polymer paint protectant eh? hmm, what are some brands that are good?
zaino, klasse and finish first are examples of synthetics...

and i like lambswool mitts for washing
Old 09-13-2005, 09:43 PM

I was thinking about the Klasse stuff... Would the red bottle of Klasse, the All In One be good enough? Or does it need that 2nd grey bottle sealant glaze stuff...

yeah I have that lamdswool mitt and old yet still good cotton mitt for my wheels.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:26 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Go for the Klasse AIO (red bottle) with P21S over it. Great look--the advantage of a polymer sealant under the wax and the look of a real carnauba... Just reapply the P21S once a month (or every time you wash, if you want - it's so quick and easy) and you should be good.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:21 AM

Received 326 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by animeS2K,Sep 14 2005, 11:26 PM
Go for the Klasse AIO (red bottle) with P21S over it. Great look--the advantage of a polymer sealant under the wax and the look of a real carnauba... Just reapply the P21S once a month (or every time you wash, if you want - it's so quick and easy) and you should be good.
I've also used that combination with great results.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:34 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NNY S2k,Sep 15 2005, 05:21 AM
I've also used that combination with great results.
That combo in action (after some serious polishing!)
Old 09-15-2005, 06:56 AM

awesome guys, I'll be ordering these products very soon. What kind of towels you use to apply the Klasse and the P21S? A microfiber towel or a hand Applicator? I was thinking on getting the Handi-Grip Applicator or the Sonus Pro. Applicator with a Sonus Buffer Towel.

Quick Reply: Rough layer of some sort on top of paint