S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Treating the leather seats

Old 08-01-2001, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anybody done this yet? Good results? I bought the Zaino Z9 Leather Cleaner, but haven't used it yet and I have the conditioner on order. The driver's seat, the bolsters in particular, are beginning to look cracked as I tend to sit toward one side of the seat while driving or push on them when exiting the car.

Tips on conditioning the seats?
Old 08-01-2001, 09:53 AM

The cleaner won't really help treat your seats. It's more of a prep for the conditioner. The biggest hint I can give you is be liberal. It's kind of like hand lotion. Go ahead and use your hands to work it in to the skin (of the seat). It will absorbe more this way I get much better results.

I haven't found a product that will actually take out the cracks after you get them real bad, but I hear leatherique does a great job. We'll see on Friday. Zaino is a great product to use before you get the cracks though. I wish I would have known about it from the beginning!!
Old 08-01-2001, 02:28 PM

I use Lexol for the leather. It's a 2 step process. I bought the cleaner and the conditioner. Pretty good stuff. Keeps the leather nice and supple.
Old 08-02-2001, 05:11 AM

Aren't the side bolsters vinyl? I thought that only the seating surfaces (the perforated) parts of the seats were leather.

I posted a message a while back about wrinkles in the bolsters - apparently it is pretty common. Rick mentioned that you can put too much conditioner on the leather.
Old 08-02-2001, 05:50 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by txst
[B]Aren't the side bolsters vinyl?
Old 08-02-2001, 07:02 AM

William:

Thanks for the info!
Old 08-02-2001, 07:44 AM

Thanks everybody for the info!
Old 08-02-2001, 05:20 PM
Tom

Lexol works real good, we use the commercial version (pretty much the same) at my work, but u have to be careful that u dont put TOO much on because it can stain your clothes......make sure its dry and that u didnt use too much......
Old 08-03-2001, 07:17 PM

I've been trying leather stuff forever now. All diferent brands, found something I finally like!!!!

Everyone knows how much I like Zaino on this board, but the only reason I like it is because it works well. If it didn't work, I wouldn't use it. The Zaino leather stuff didn't work well for me.

I used all different kinds and by far the best is Leatherique. I used their deep cleaner today. You put it on and massage it into the seat (not vinyl). Then close the car and put it in the sun so the inside gets really hot (greenhouse effect kinda). This opens the pores on the leather in your seat. It pulled out so much crap out of my leather and also diminished the wrinkles in the seats. I'm going to continue to use it. You do need to let it sit for a couple of hours though. This stuff is awesome!!!

I believe www.leatherique.com is the website.
Old 08-10-2001, 12:38 PM

Shizon, That leatherique sounded good. I've been holding off on cleaning my seats for some time till I found just the right product.
I sent an e-mail out to them 2 days ago and have not heard a thing back. Not a good sign.

Anyone try the Zymol leather cleaner? The company has an excellent reputation and their wax is great.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Treating the leather seats