S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

where can i get a car wash at

Old 10-19-2005, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i get a car wash at

i know i know i usually wash my car myself but i live in a apartment in long beach so there is no water hose!!!! i am wondering anybody here knows where i can get her nice and shiny again
Old 10-19-2005, 02:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hopefully someone here lives in long beach...
better yet, post this up in the so calif forum-
offer to supply the detail products if they supply the water and location and i bet you find some help!

there are products that let you use minimal amounts of water, or you could try those wand places- but by far my first choice is above.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...=299156&hl=qew
Old 10-19-2005, 02:44 PM

yeah i have one in the so-cal forum no replys yet dang i know there got be people over there that live in apartment that dont' have a water hose
Old 10-19-2005, 02:47 PM

bet you forgot to offer to supply the products! ?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:50 PM

well i told there where they take there cars at to get it clean i didn't say if i can borrow there water hehehe if i didn't i would be there every other day washing my car hehehehehe and then apply wax every month but i really need to have somebody PC my car
Old 10-19-2005, 05:52 PM

You should check out Quick & Easy Wash. A lot of the guys on Autopia.com love it and all you need is two buckets of water, a wash mitt, and a MF to dry with and you're all set. No hose.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:05 PM

good suggestion mikeyc- qew is also discussed in the thread that i posted above...
several guys swear by it (i havent used it, so i cant give personal experience).
Old 10-20-2005, 01:48 PM

There's gotta be a quarter wash place around where you live. The place where you wash the car yourself...
Old 10-20-2005, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Convict,Oct 20 2005, 01:48 PM
There's gotta be a quarter wash place around where you live. The place where you wash the car yourself...
IMHO I would avoid taking your car to any kind of car wash what so ever. Here's my opinionated breakdown of each kind of car wash:

tunnel wash w/ brushes: these will scratch the hell out of your paint. Ever notice the fine circular scratches in your paint? If you've ever taken your car through one of these it's likely that's how you got them.

touchless wash: these use high pressure water jets to blast the dirt off your car. They can also blast the dirt on your car right at your paint causing scratches. Also, they use extremely harsh chemicals which will strip any wax or polymer you have on your car. Don't bother with the wax spray from the car wash as it's mostly water.

self-serve wash bay: for the problems with the wand see touchless car wash complaints. For problems with the brush see complaints about tunnel washes w/ brushes. I can't even count how many cement and construction vehicles I've seen in there using the brush. You can't tell me some of those huge dirt particles are still in that brush.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Oct 20 2005, 06:47 PM
IMHO I would avoid taking your car to any kind of car wash what so ever. Here's my opinionated breakdown of each kind of car wash:

tunnel wash w/ brushes: these will scratch the hell out of your paint. Ever notice the fine circular scratches in your paint? If you've ever taken your car through one of these it's likely that's how you got them.

touchless wash: these use high pressure water jets to blast the dirt off your car. They can also blast the dirt on your car right at your paint causing scratches. Also, they use extremely harsh chemicals which will strip any wax or polymer you have on your car. Don't bother with the wax spray from the car wash as it's mostly water.

self-serve wash bay: for the problems with the wand see touchless car wash complaints. For problems with the brush see complaints about tunnel washes w/ brushes. I can't even count how many cement and construction vehicles I've seen in there using the brush. You can't tell me some of those huge dirt particles are still in that brush.
Take it to a coin-op car wash with a bucket and a mitt. If you use the brush on your car you must be retarded for the reasons you stated.

Quick Reply: where can i get a car wash at