San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Hello from your Community Organizer

Old 07-08-2005, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from your Community Organizer

The voting for Community Organizer has closed. There was significant support for both Tim and me, and I am pleased that Cthree has done the right thing by making us co-CO's of the San Diego forum.

Personally I am honored and humbled by your support and will make every effort to be a good CO. You might be wondering, like I was, what exactly a CO does. Here's a post from HondaGal that outlines some of the responsibilities, in the eyes of the s2ki.com administration.

Originally Posted by HondaGal
The community organizer is an essential part of the S2Ki community. With out you, the number of Regional Communities we have would not exist.

We have had some questions regarding the roles of a CO, and we should have done this a long time ago.

The Community Organizer is not a moderator. I prefer not to associate the word "moderator" with Community Organizer. When occupying this role you do have moderator priviledges, only for the reason of keeping the peace within your organization, and keeping unauthorized advertisers out. We tell every forum moderator to not over moderate as this appears to be to heavy handed. If you need to edit a thread, make sure you post a note as to why. Or, if you have to lock a thread, post your reasoning.

S2Ki Directors do not appoint Community Organizers. We want your peers to nominate you. You are the lead person within your organization. You are the one respected by your fellow members. All regional community forums, were requested by people in that area. Sometimes things change within an organization and someone steps up to the plate to help out or take over. We make those changes by request. If we receive a concern from fellow community members about the CO, we will then step in and help out.

All forum communities must be requested, and we recommend you have a decent number of participants to make the community forum worth while.

The role of a Community Organizer is:

Developing a club "Community"
Establishing a club name with input
Maintain the membership list
Contact potential members you see on the street and online *build the club)
Develop relations with local sponsors and dealerships
Take the lead in organizing local or community events
In a PM to me, Cthree said much the same thing.

Originally Posted by cthree
A CO is similar to a Moderator with one big exception. Moderators are accountable to s2ki and COs are accountable to their membership.

The CO is the leader of the community. You would be responsible for overseeing the growth and development of the community and act as liaison with s2ki for your membership. This can involve some amount of baby-sitting but mainly we would like you to work with your membership to make sure they have what they need and if not to discuss it with us and the other COs to find a way to get it.
The sentence that stands out for me is that COs are accountable to their membership. I am on your side. If you have any problems or concerns about how the community or the board is going, PM or call me and I will do my best to resolve it. I am certain Tim will approach the job with the same attitude.

We have a very active and open community, and it will be my goal to make owning an S2000 a great experience for all our members.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:45 PM

Congrats and it was nice meeting you last night, Ron.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Banned

Way way Congratulations Ron & Tim!!!...*G*

Both of you are way kewl in my book...

r,
Old 07-08-2005, 08:04 PM

Congrats on the promotion Ron! It was nice meeting you too

Kind regards,
Joe
Old 07-08-2005, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by ronblanford,Jul 8 2005, 03:36 PM
The voting for Community Organizer has closed. There was significant support for both Tim and me, and I am pleased that Cthree has done the right thing by making us co-CO's of the San Diego forum.

Personally I am honored and humbled by your support and will make every effort to be a good CO. You might be wondering, like I was, what exactly a CO does. Here's a post from HondaGal that outlines some of the responsibilities, in the eyes of the s2ki.com administration.

The sentence that stands out for me is that COs are accountable to their membership. I am on your side. If you have any problems or concerns about how the community or the board is going, PM or call me and I will do my best to resolve it. I am certain Tim will approach the job with the same attitude.

We have a very active and open community, and it will be my goal to make owning an S2000 a great experience for all our members.
Congratulations Ron! I think you are a great choice.
I haven't meet Tim yet but Congratulations to you also
Old 07-08-2005, 09:29 PM

Congratulations! Now that the niceties are out of the way, do the COs give out the badges? I voted for you now work for that vote

Really conratulations to you and Tim- great reps for drives and tech respectively.

Chris
Old 07-08-2005, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by TrophyFodder,Jul 8 2005, 09:29 PM
Congratulations! Now that the niceties are out of the way, do the COs give out the badges? I voted for you now work for that vote
Yes, CO's give out the badges. I expect we'll set up a thread like Raptor did for Socal where people can ask for one. Just hang on for a bit. I can start adding people now, but you may find the badge will change when the voting is finished.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:07 PM

Congrats Ron & Tim!! Isn't there something missing though?? The person who has blue star's, I think they were called a moderator??
Old 07-10-2005, 09:35 PM

Nah, we don't need no steenkin' moderator here. People can lock their own threads.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:01 PM

Big congrats!!!! I am so glad that both of you got this!!

Patricia

Quick Reply: Hello from your Community Organizer