San Diego S2000 Owners San Diego and Imperial County S2000 Owners Community meets, events and discussions.

Opinion on a center console *pics*

Old 05-27-2008, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on a center console *pics*

Ok well my S is about to turn 8 yrs old in a month. So I was thinking of getting a birthday gift, lol.

Seriously I am trying to re-new some basic parts on the car because some of it just needs to be made over. They have been used and abused over time.

I am trying to decide on a center console since mine is made of carpet and it is just all nasty and dirty. I am not trying to replace it with another carpet. So I am going at this in 2 directions.

Either get a Rick's Leather center console or a carbon fiber center console. Honeslty I was going towards the CF one because I am trying to become a "wannabe" CF whore, lol. For some reason though I feel it is kinda "ricey". What you think?

Carbon Fiber

Pros: Different
CF theme
easy to maintain

Cons: Cost
Riced out?

Rick's Leather console

Pros: Keeping it stock
cost
All leather interior

Cons: May get dirty like carpet if ignored.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:10 AM

I feel you about the CF whore rice look. I have a CF dash kit and I stopped there. I have Rick's leather wrap and I like it.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:50 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I added the Rick's leather console cover years ago and like it alot better than the OEM carpet for our year - or the vinyl cover in later years. I got the perforated sides and solid top. Great quality.

Like you, I am tweaking the interior after so many years and miles..............just going for a little change. I decided to add some color to the interior.

I had Joe @ JPM make a custon elbow pad /shift boot for me. He is currently working on some door panel inserts in the same (Alcantara) material. I'm also switching my calipers from red to blue to match. I am very pleased with the quality and color of the JPM products and can't wait to finish my project.

Best of luck with yours!

-Hockey
Old 05-27-2008, 08:17 AM

That looks tight David.

I just replaced my leather boot and knob. They both were beat up. I got replacments from Rick's.

I am going to have to get with you about my calipers also. Just trying to knock out priority parts
Old 05-27-2008, 03:13 PM

The red leather looks hot! with red leather seats.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the CF and wouldn't get it or reccomend it. It just feels out of place and fitment isnt the best. It was a PITA to get the console to snap in over it. Cool looking, but I got sick of it after a while. Then again, what don't I get sick of after a few months...

Im actually gonna go back to carpet soon.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:28 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by latinochino,May 27 2008, 08:17 AM
That looks tight David.

I just replaced my leather boot and knob. They both were beat up. I got replacments from Rick's.

I am going to have to get with you about my calipers also. Just trying to knock out priority parts
One thing at a time for me too. My mods list has grown over the years, but its taken a while.

I like Rick's stuff alot. You won't be disappointed.

Just let me know when your ready for the calipers. I'm doing a set next weekend for LadySwede (Patrick's wifey).......then mine for the color change. After that I'm open.

-Hockey
Old 05-28-2008, 07:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't do the CF IMO. The ones I've seen looked bad. They will fade over time like all CF under the sun.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:37 PM
AP2

i say go with the JPM stuff or the ricks
Old 05-28-2008, 10:12 PM

iono why but i like the carpet over the leather....

i love the 00 ap1's interior....only flaw to me is slow radio door and no clock, other then that i hate the changes to newer models

Quick Reply: Opinion on a center console *pics*