S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?

Old 06-25-2017, 04:19 PM

Received 2,903 Likes on 1,683 Posts

Geesh Dave, I'm glad Jim Beam was there for you in your time of need. What a weekend you've had.

We've been more fortunate. Some puttering around the yard, some Y time, dinner with a friend last night. Today a little more puttering, then we took off to RI to a restaurant with 69 beers on tap. We both had burgers and Rick sampled two porters. Both were good he tells me. From there we went to a park in Charlestown, RI. At one time it was used as an Auxiliary Naval Air station, after that, the runways were used for drag racing. Now it's a lovely park, with paths leading to scenic views on the water, as well as other recreational activities, oh and CLEAN restrooms too! Walked around, took a few pics, headed home late this afternoon, and the weather was sooooooo pleasant it was one of those summer days you wish would never end. But it will and back to work we go tomorrow.

I'm only working four days this week, then off for five for the upcoming weekend. No real plans now, but I'm making a list!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_...on_Charlestown
Old 06-25-2017, 06:53 PM
tof

Received 1,979 Likes on 1,342 Posts

Love the sign, Dave. Hang in there.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:46 PM

Received 3,132 Likes on 1,723 Posts

I'm going to an NSX drive in Malibu in the morning. It's been months since I've gone with the group. As usual, the prediction is for clouds and fog in the mountains in the AM. We end up driving in and out of clouds on Mulholland Drive.

I got in another 35 miles on my ElliptiGO today after doing it on Thursday, also. I grab a ride when it's not too hot.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:19 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Not part of my weekend plans...
Saturday I discovered a chipmunk sneaking in and out of the pool heater. Sunday morning I decided an eviction was necessary. Started taking panels off and quickly discovered some damaged wiring. Repaired the wiring, and continued looking for the nest. Found a small spot of insulation that had been disturbed, but still no nest. Pulled the last panel off...bingo! Found a Bocce ball size wad of mulch and the missing insulation. Cleaned out the nest and replaced it with mothballs. Had to make a panel from sheet aluminum to close up the space where he had gained entry. looked like there was supposed to be a panel there, but it didn't come with the heater when I installed it a few years back. Looked in the parts list and there is no panel listed, but it obviously was designed with one in mind. Must have been a cost cutting measure.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:33 AM

Received 5,256 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Only two of us left that have not got the bug yet (me and the daughter) as the wife was up ill all last night. My son took my truck and boat, along with his two kids, and headed north to the cabin. At least it will get used.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:57 AM

Received 2,903 Likes on 1,683 Posts

^
Ugh, what a weekend! How's the son in law?
Old 06-26-2017, 09:47 AM

Received 5,256 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
^
Ugh, what a weekend! How's the son in law?
Better today but he still hasn't moved off the couch.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:27 AM

Received 3,132 Likes on 1,723 Posts

"I'm going to an NSX drive in Malibu in the morning. It's been months since I've gone with the group. As usual, the prediction is for clouds and fog in the mountains in the AM. We end up driving in and out of clouds on Mulholland Drive.

I got in another 35 miles on my ElliptiGO today after doing it on Thursday, also. I grab a ride when it's not too hot."

And photos from the weekend...

^6-24-2017. Aching feet getting some air at 18 miles out of 35 done while having peanut butter and orange marmalade sandwich.

^6-25-2017. My Long Beach Blue Pearl hood following a Monaco Blue NSX along Mulholland Drive in Malibu.

^6-25-2017. Monaco Blue NSX and others along Mulholland Drive in Malibu.

^6-25-2017.Another fire starting up in Placerita Canyon, CA. The good news was this one was not started by an arsonist but by a car crashing into a tree on the 14 freeway. This was at my brother-in-law's mom's house. I was visiting them after the NSX drive but left at this sight. The freeway I was going to take was closed in both directions so I took the long way home. It was still fine with me since I was driving my NSX for a change. It gets lots of love at red lights, gas stations, Subway and even from passengers with their cameras out the passenger windows on the freeway.

Last edited by Kyras; 06-26-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:38 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

No fires for me, but there will undoubtedly be fireworks this weekend. I hope to see them from my boat, but no one will go with me, so I may not see them at all.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:52 AM

Received 2,694 Likes on 1,615 Posts

The +1 doing his part at the Rock Lobster 200-Mile Relay...

Quick Reply: What plans do you have for the coming Weekend?