UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

rjk's S2000

Old 09-05-2014, 07:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rjk's S2000

Hi Guys

thought I would put some pictures together more as a reminder to myself what I have been doing.

Mostly this will just be my amateurish photography attempts over anything spectacularly technical.

Purchased the car in January 2014 after pining for one for years. Previous car was an EP3.

Got a great deal selling my car and put that money towards getting an S from a dealership in nearly my perfect spec.

2006, 1 month off the tax band change
GT with Hardtop
FHSH
Black Interior.

Immediately ordered an OEM lip from Hendy as I felt the car looked like it was missing one.

Did a stock run at powerstation to get a baseline figure should I ever do any upgrades

The car was previously owned by a lady for the majority of its life and had despite having mostly decent condition paint, it does have a few scratches and swirls. The wheels are in terrible condition also. I planned on getting them refurbished soon. A full detail and an afternoon with a machine polisher managed to bring out the paint.

Despite being under Honda warranty, the FOS caliper started sticking and I just waded in on a full brake upgrade. My civic had very good brakes so I wanted better for the S

Dixcel SD Discs for front and rear.
jpg

Refurbed front OEM calipers paired with HEL braided lines, DS2500 pads, RBF600 and some black paint to protect it all!

Ran it for a few days with the uprated brakes before painting anything.

Grabbed a brake stopper

ordered some expensive mats from Japan and waited a while

ordered an expensive spoiler from Japan and waited a while
rjk's S2000-1esnaxyl.jpg

fabricated some reenforcement brackets to stop the boot lid skin from being bent

bolted the spoiler on then went out for a drive and took some pictures

rjk's S2000-hmijyf9l.jpg

rjk's S2000-m7iw5c0l.jpg

Thats pretty much 9 months of ownership in a ten minute post.

No plans to fit any more parts to the car for a few months until spring next year by which time I will hopefully have a Type S front lip on the way as well as the funds for wheels and coilovers.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must go really well with that spoiler on.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:41 AM

Is that sarcasm? It doesn't matter if it goes really well or not, if that's what the guy wants.I think it looks good.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:58 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm guessing from the Honda box it's a CR wing ? Never seen one before - I really like it.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dembo
Must go really well with that spoiler on.
goes as well as any other S2000.

considering the Type S and CR are both the same power as a regular S2000, I'm struggling to see the point you're trying to make?

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
I'm guessing from the Honda box it's a CR wing ? Never seen one before - I really like it.
yeah its a Type S spoiler from Japan. same part as the CR but the Type S was available in more than 4 colours which meant I could order the spoiler in Moonrock Grey.

Injection Imports got the spoiler to me, great company to deal with. Will be using them in future when I buy my Type S Lip.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:31 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Ah that explains why I could only find it in four colours Yeah, got my backyard spacial seat rail from injection imports and agree, great to deal with and things take ages to arrive from JPN
Old 09-05-2014, 03:36 PM

Wow I'm impressed that your engine made exactly 240bhp, exactly what Honda intended I'm a bit surprised at the 160whp though, it seems a bit low. I thought generally after the drivetrain losses people get around 180-190. I might be mistaken.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Power station always has 'low' wheel power. But engine is fairly accurate
Old 09-05-2014, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow,
That is mint, lucky with the road tax ,

Sorry if I sound silly, but what's the purpose of the brake stopper?
Old 09-06-2014, 12:30 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bilz
Wow,
That is mint, lucky with the road tax ,

Sorry if I sound silly, but what's the purpose of the brake stopper?
Under heavy braking, the bulkhead where the master cylinder attached to flexes, giving a bit of a spongy feel to the pedal. That's where the stopper comes in, and links it to the suspension strut housing area which is uber thick metal and doesn't flex.

Quick Reply: rjk's S2000