Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Marketplace Forum Messed Up

Old 08-04-2017, 02:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Thanks. Please try updating your version of Firefox to the latest 54.0.1. It's possible the bug is due to older versions of Firefox being incompatible with current webpage standards, and this will at least let us rule that out as a cause.

If the issue continues even after updating, please let me know.
Can't do. It is my work machine and I don't control the versions. I will try IE though and see if that works better.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:05 PM

Received 364 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by noodels
Getting same issue the one on the right large pictures and little writing in the middle ,
prefer old as much more user friendly !!
windows 10 firefox
edit I read this and sorted
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-inf...1175996/page4/
Oh!! seems am not using firefox I deleted it ages ago and forgot
Old 08-05-2017, 01:46 AM

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm having the same issue, marketplace is unusable.

On the flipside, is it necessary to have thumbnail pics in the marketplace? I've NEVER found them to be useful, half don't even match because so many are 'garage sale' threads. Remove the images and it solves a lot of problems. Would be nice to be able to view more sales threads in one page, but the thumb nails restricts that.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:11 AM

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks. Please try updating your version of Firefox to the latest 54.0.1. It's possible the bug is due to older versions of Firefox being incompatible with current webpage standards, and this will at least let us rule that out as a cause.

If the issue continues even after updating, please let me know.
S2ki is the only website I'm having a problem with, so it's not Firefox. Having lots of problems the past few days. On top of the classified issues, also I've posted more here:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-inf...165159/page53/

This is all related to what you guys are doing.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:13 AM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by jwzimm
Can't do. It is my work machine and I don't control the versions. I will try IE though and see if that works better.
Please let me know if it works for you in IE. Thanks!

Originally Posted by noodels
Oh!! seems am not using firefox I deleted it ages ago and forgot
If not Firefox, which browser are you experiencing this issue in?

Originally Posted by Thomas Guide
S2ki is the only website I'm having a problem with, so it's not Firefox. Having lots of problems the past few days. On top of the classified issues, also I've posted more here:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-inf...165159/page53/

This is all related to what you guys are doing.
Thanks for sharing the link and screenshots, Thomas. The wonky thumbnails in the marketplace are unfortunately just a side effect of the bigger bug, which we're now working to resolve.

I'll cross-post this response in the thread you linked to just to make sure everyone's on the same page.

Edit: The spacing issue should now be resolved. If you still see the issue, please let me know.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:47 AM

Please let me know if it works for you in IE. Thanks!
Nope, same thing in IE. Incidentally, I did try on my home computer using Chrome and that works.

Also, I am still unable to scroll sideways to see full images that are large. Seems like the sites handling of large photos is a little borked.

Last edited by jwzimm; 08-07-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:08 PM

Classified are still not working.

Is there any way to just go back to the way it was before this upgrade? I had no issues with the forums then and I do not see any of the improvements that the new version comes with as useful.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:43 PM
IB Staff

We have a fix in the works for those both on and off infinite scroll that will resolve the classifieds' formatting issues. As soon as it's live, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience, and apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:03 AM

We have a fix in the works for those both on and off infinite scroll that will resolve the classifieds' formatting issues. As soon as it's live, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience, and apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.
So here is an example of the improper handling of large images. You can see that the image above the text is too large and would require you to scroll to the right to see it. This also causes the text in the post to extend offscreen. The problem? I can't scroll!! Note at the bottom of the window there is no horizontal scroll bar. I have a thumb wheel for horiz scroll but that doesn't work either. Basically, if an image is too large to fit in the normal screen size I can't read the full post.

Will this issue be resolved with the current fix as well?
Attached Thumbnails Marketplace Forum Messed Up-capture.png  
Old 08-11-2017, 03:00 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by jwzimm
So here is an example of the improper handling of large images. You can see that the image above the text is too large and would require you to scroll to the right to see it. This also causes the text in the post to extend offscreen. The problem? I can't scroll!! Note at the bottom of the window there is no horizontal scroll bar. I have a thumb wheel for horiz scroll but that doesn't work either. Basically, if an image is too large to fit in the normal screen size I can't read the full post.

Will this issue be resolved with the current fix as well?
Thanks for the additional details and screenshot. In our testing, we unfortunately aren't able to replicate this specific issue. I know you mentioned your Firefox is outdated due to work restrictions, but what version of IE are you currently running? You can find it via "About Internet Explorer" under the gear icon.

Quick Reply: Marketplace Forum Messed Up