S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Ohins DFV Rubbing Moddiction Swaybar Endlinks

Old 04-17-2018, 02:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ohins DFV Rubbing Moddiction Swaybar Endlinks

Anyone else having rubbing issues going on between the endlink and shock fork?

i had the sway bar adjusted to be centered and length adjusted, it is still rubbing the front right. I had the area painted white after the adjustment, but you can see where some of it still rubbed off.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no sir mine isn't rubbing. we also have the same suspension. but i'm going to guess you are lowered. i'm right at stock height.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sway bar is junk imo. will be getting karcepts like i did for the rear
Old 04-18-2018, 03:23 AM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

I had this problem when I had my Saner bar a while back. You have to take the endlinks apart and shorten the male shank in order to screw it further into the female shank. This will allow you to rotate the bar down to get rid of the interference.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by roel03
I had this problem when I had my Saner bar a while back. You have to take the endlinks apart and shorten the male shank in order to screw it further into the female shank. This will allow you to rotate the bar down to get rid of the interference.
Is it best to get a shorter male shank (if available)? Do you shorten by cutting and cleaning up the threads?

Or it is a better idea to put these endlinks in the rear to my oem '00 rear sway bars for corner balancing and getting another brand of endlinks (whiteline?)?
Old 04-18-2018, 04:46 AM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by usafstud
Is it best to get a shorter male shank (if available)? Do you shorten by cutting and cleaning up the threads?

Or it is a better idea to put these endlinks in the rear to my oem '00 rear sway bars for corner balancing and getting another brand of endlinks (whiteline?)?
Almost all rod ends come in a standard size. I don't think you'll find one with a shorter shank. I used a bank saw and cut mine right off. Then just ran the jam nut back and forth a few times to clean up the cut.

The rear use a different type of endlink. Send me a PM if you need them for corner balancing. I make my own.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:52 AM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong. that's the Sanner bar right? If so those things rub everything. I had one and it rubbed my Moton's, My AST's and my Ohlins. You gotta build yourself some custom links and space em to get the geometry right. $200 and 15 mins on the mcmastercarr site will get ya what ya need.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
Correct me if I'm wrong. that's the Sanner bar right? If so those things rub everything. I had one and it rubbed my Moton's, My AST's and my Ohlins. You gotta build yourself some custom links and space em to get the geometry right. $200 and 15 mins on the mcmastercarr site will get ya what ya need.
I believe Moddiction used Saner design.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same setup and it is very tight in there! I ran the endlink on the inside of the sway bar so its bolt, washer, sway bar, spacer, endlink, spacer, nut.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by sujohn
I have the same setup and it is very tight in there! I ran the endlink on the inside of the sway bar so its bolt, washer, sway bar, spacer, endlink, spacer, nut.
can you post pics? Like to see the angles of setup

Quick Reply: Ohins DFV Rubbing Moddiction Swaybar Endlinks