Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New NY Member, psyched!

Old 12-03-2018, 04:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile New NY Member, psyched!

Hello all, I picked up a 2001 GPW with an OEM hardtop over the weekend, I'm beyond psyched. Drove the car from North Carolina to my home in the middle of Long Island. Absolutely one of the best car's I've driven. Also have a 98 Supra Turbo (but I have to say, judging by the 10 hour trip in the S2K, I happen to like driving it MUCH more than the Supra!)
Anyways, really looking forward to enjoying this car and using it to learn to drive better in autocross and hopefully on a track.
I'm happy to join the S2k community here on S2Ki, from the posts I've read it really seems like people here care and aren't just egotistical idiots like so many "car people"

I have a bit of work to do to get the car to exactly where I want it, but it is very much in great condition as it sits right now. Planning on doing the AP2 front bumper and headlights, new badges, repainting the calipers, getting OEM wheels, changing out all the fluids and master cylinder for clutch, new soft top (just in case I have the hard top off and it rains or something) and just other goodies to get the car freshened up a bit.

I'm located in Long Island and would be happy to meet up with other folks around here and get advice in person and on the forums here!

Thanks!

Mike
Old 12-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Welcome, Mike! We have our fair share of egotistical idiots too :lol: but the good folks outweigh the bad IMO. Be sure to drop by the New York Metro subforum and get a Once Over service scheduled with Billman250.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:56 PM

Received 162 Likes on 125 Posts

Congratulations Mike. There are plenty of owners in Long Island, but we're not very active over the winter.

As a side note, the oem hardtops are high on the theft list. If you're not keeping the car in a garage I recommend you look into getting a lock for it.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by JulieU
Welcome, Mike! We have our fair share of egotistical idiots too :lol: but the good folks outweigh the bad IMO. Be sure to drop by the New York Metro subforum and get a Once Over service scheduled with Billman250.
Hi Julie, thanks much for the reply! I was looking through some of the troubleshooting forums last night and I saw Billman250 come up quite a bit as the technical wizard, I didn't know he was local, I'm going to shoot him a message and set something up.

Thanks again!
Old 12-05-2018, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Orjinal
Congratulations Mike. There are plenty of owners in Long Island, but we're not very active over the winter.

As a side note, the oem hardtops are high on the theft list. If you're not keeping the car in a garage I recommend you look into getting a lock for it.
I never thought of that, thanks for the info. The car will be in my garage but definitely good to keep in mind if I take it out somewhere where it will sleep outside, it can't be a bad idea to get a lock for it regardless, I didn't even know that was a thing.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2018, 05:36 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Welcome to the gang bang OP
Old 12-05-2018, 07:55 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsRace
I never thought of that, thanks for the info. The car will be in my garage but definitely good to keep in mind if I take it out somewhere where it will sleep outside, it can't be a bad idea to get a lock for it regardless, I didn't even know that was a thing.

Thanks!
You will love the car. Honestly, I never thought about hard top thefts when I bought my car either. I never even knew they were worth so much on the open market until I joined this forum. In fact, there is a lot of stuff I didn't know until I came here.
Enjoy the car and hope for an early spring. Mine has only been put away for three weeks and it has been too long.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by IA-SteveB
You will love the car. Honestly, I never thought about hard top thefts when I bought my car either. I never even knew they were worth so much on the open market until I joined this forum. In fact, there is a lot of stuff I didn't know until I came here.
Enjoy the car and hope for an early spring. Mine has only been put away for three weeks and it has been too long.
Thanks much man, I honestly love it already with just the 12 hour drive home. I'm really looking forward to some nicer weather to get to know it even more.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Lets see some pictures!!
Old 12-15-2018, 02:22 PM

Default Some pics

Originally Posted by braytonia
Welcome to the forum! Lets see some pictures!!
Aha you inspired me to take it outside today and give it a quick wash. So much to do going forward to get it where I want it but it’s really at a great place to start. I had to take the lip off today because it was split in half, going to do the AP2 bumper soon though!
I’m heading over to see Billman this week for a once over to make sure we’re all good mechanically and get the new TCT before I start on cosmetics.

Last edited by ThisIsRace; 12-16-2018 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Added pictures

Quick Reply: New NY Member, psyched!