Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What makes you enjoy your S2000?

Old 12-10-2018, 03:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking What makes you enjoy your S2000?

is it the Top down look?
or the thrill in the Twisties?

mine is overall. When I walk up to her, and I hop in...I feel the steering wheel and look around and see the history of the S series cars and feel confident and connected with the chassis. The power band feels way better than my Rx8..lol just my thoughts. What's yours?
Old 12-10-2018, 06:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For me its when I wash it and cruise it after. Just driving it slow make me enjoy it. Also the power is nice too...
Old 12-11-2018, 03:25 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Shifting. The two "chicanes" on the way to work. Being able to drop the top before heading into the office or after leaving it to enjoy the day's air and sun. The mad torque when pulling away from a red light, lol.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:02 AM

I must confess guys!...I was going to go hard top...but After Florida...I cant!! After hand washing bootscoot! And then going to the Beach...it changes a man...lol
Old 12-11-2018, 07:14 AM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

When vtec kicks in yo.

Still is the best fun per dollar.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:25 AM

Very true!!...lol. I love the sound of VTEC FROM 6 TO 9K WITH THE AIR BOX LID OFF...LOL
Old 12-11-2018, 07:48 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

My top S2000 experience is late summer evenings when the sun is going down and it's in the 80's outside. You can comfortably have the top down in the S2000 and go driving down twisty roads while the breeze feels refreshing and rejuvenating. It's an awesome feeling along with hearing the car hit VTECH on those same roads and evenings!

Also, I've always liked the styling of the car. In the past I haven't quite been able to articulate why, for me, it ranks up there in looks with some of the greatest cars. I know that I'm biased towards cars with long hoods and classic lines. The S2000 has all this. But also, yesterday I finally figured out part of the why. Some of the cars that I consider to be the greatest designs along with the car that I consider to be the greatest design as well as the S2000 were all Pininfarina designs. Yes I know that Pininfarina did the SSM concept and that a Honda designer took it from there. But most of the SSM lines still live on in the S2000. And in my opinion better the SSM.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:53 AM

Great visual!! This s2ki community is the main reason why I really appreciate my S2k!!! Some cars you just drive them, and others drive you with passion! Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and special moments with me and others who frequently feel this way also about our Special 2000cc Machines!
Old 12-11-2018, 09:34 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

It's been a couple of years since I had my S2000 and I just posted yesterday about my Elise, but the things I loved most that are missing from the Lotus:

-Shifter. I've done shifter mods on most of the cars I've owned, which end up feeling pretty good, but still nowhere close to the stock S2000 shifter. It's so direct, solid, and short - I really miss that.

-Runs to 9k. The VTEC band is just a lot of fun. I also like how at least in the AP1 the gearing and redline make it so you don't fall out of the magic 2nd lobe - you do fall out of it in the Lotus which is a real bummer (6,200rpm cam engagement with 8k redline - allows you to overrev to 8.5k even according to the manual, but even with that you fall out from 1st >> 2nd).

-Quick, full top down experience. In the Lotus it's a manual top so you can't just put it up/down while driving, and you still have a targa/rear window behind you so it doesn't feel the same as a full convertible. The S2k feels a lot more open, has far better visibility with the top down, and the top is super fast.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:55 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

For me its all about the twisties. It literally feels like two different vehicles depending on whether I'm just driving normally on straight roads or ripping through the curves. I would have bought a hatch back version if there was one but since I HAD to get the convertible, I do really like it on cool evenings especially.

Quick Reply: What makes you enjoy your S2000?