S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Who Owned This S2K? 2007 White Supercharged

Old 05-01-2024, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Owned This S2K? 2007 White Supercharged

I found this S2000 on Autotrader and I'm very interested. The dealer doesn't have any specs on the mods other than its a science of speed stage 2 supercharger and wilwood brakes. I'm wondering if anyone knows who's S2000 this was or if it's a forum members car. I'd like a bit more info before traveling from LA to San Fran for a gamble.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Thank you! I miss my 2006 which was sold in 2011. Been dying to get back into an s2000 and this one caught my eye. Just a bit hesitant on a heavy modified one.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:41 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Seller was asking for high 20s not even that long ago before they picked it up. Seems nice but that's all I can provide, I;ve only seen the ad before few times when browsing about
Old 05-01-2024, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by EffWun
Seller was asking for high 20s not even that long ago before they picked it up. Seems nice but that's all I can provide, I;ve only seen the ad before few times when browsing about
was it listed on this site or third party service like BaT or autotrader? Can you provide a link at all?
Old 05-01-2024, 12:33 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I saw it on local Craigslist over couple months ago. unfortunately I don’t have a screen shot because I remember sending it to a buddy.

i tried deleting my post because now im second guessing it. if I recall the miles were higher but the car/paint/mods etc. sos sc is practically the same and was in the 50 mile radius of the current seller/dealer

Last edited by EffWun; 05-01-2024 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-01-2024, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by EffWun
I saw it on local Craigslist over couple months ago. unfortunately I don’t have a screen shot because I remember sending it to a buddy.

i tried deleting my post because now im second guessing it. if I recall the miles were higher but the car/paint/mods etc. sos sc is practically the same and was in the 50 mile radius of the current seller/dealer
Thanks for the reply. If anyone else has any info I'd appreciate it!
Old 05-01-2024, 05:31 PM
Jub

Received 392 Likes on 312 Posts

I don't have any info on this car and it looks pretty nice. Price seems high to me but maybe I'm wrong. GPW on red 07 w/ 50k miles is probably a 30-32k car. BB hardtop is 6k. That car, stock, with the hardtop probably sells for $35k in cali. The SOS stuff is a good package. That brake kit looks useless to me and the black wheels are no good. For anywhere near this price or above 40k at all, it better have 10/10 VINs, receipts for all work, a dyno sheet, all i's dotted and t's crossed, etc. I still wouldn't go anywhere near that price as I'd rather build my own in a different way or get a better car for less. Unless you must have a stock-ish 06+ GPW with a hardtop and SOS supercharger kit, I don't see going anywhere near this price. If that's your jam, you got the coin, and convenience is important to you, it doesn't look like a bad car.

Here's a modded one for comparison. Aside from the body work, I think this silver car is preferable in every way.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2007-honda-s2000-140/
Old 05-01-2024, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jub
I don't have any info on this car and it looks pretty nice. Price seems high to me but maybe I'm wrong. GPW on red 07 w/ 50k miles is probably a 30-32k car. BB hardtop is 6k. That car, stock, with the hardtop probably sells for $35k in cali. The SOS stuff is a good package. That brake kit looks useless to me and the black wheels are no good. For anywhere near this price or above 40k at all, it better have 10/10 VINs, receipts for all work, a dyno sheet, all i's dotted and t's crossed, etc. I still wouldn't go anywhere near that price as I'd rather build my own in a different way or get a better car for less. Unless you must have a stock-ish 06+ GPW with a hardtop and SOS supercharger kit, I don't see going anywhere near this price. If that's your jam, you got the coin, and convenience is important to you, it doesn't look like a bad car.

Here's a modded one for comparison. Aside from the body work, I think this silver car is preferable in every way.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2007-honda-s2000-140/

The price is definitely nasty. When I contacted the dealership, they said they were going to revert the car back to stock which raised even more red flags in my eyes. I guess I was hoping someone on the forums sold that car at one point or another or owned it and could give more detail on the build and history. But there are definitely other cars out there priced much much better with all the Is dotted and Ts crossed.
Old 05-06-2024, 09:59 AM

Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

As a reference - I sold my Kraftwerks S2000 a couple years ago - it was in superb condition and had 70k on the clock
The kit was installed by LHT Performance.
It sold for 36k plus fees plus shipping. The buyer was prob over 40k into the purchase when all said and done.
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KDZ...07-honda-s2000

I'm not sure that white one is worth 10k more? It does had 30k less miles though...
Old 05-07-2024, 09:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

this car was on r/s2000 at one point. might be worth asking there. i believe it was a father/son duo that built it?
Old 05-07-2024, 10:47 PM

I just realized a much larger obstacle…. I dont think this car will pass emissions in CA….

Quick Reply: Who Owned This S2K? 2007 White Supercharged