Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

The Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 2024 Car Corral & Parade Lap

Old 05-17-2024, 06:07 AM

Received 246 Likes on 83 Posts
Default The Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 2024 Car Corral & Parade Lap

Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 2024 Car Corral & Parade Lap

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED

PARKING MAP : tbd

We have our 33 cars! I will take two alternates as someone is bound to drop out within the next week and a half. I'll lock the list after that and then Mid-Ohio will have your tickets ready at Will Call.

July 5-7
Yet again The Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course has offered us a S2000 car corral and the chance to give the Indycar Series drivers a ride in our cars for the pre-race parade lap before the Sunday Indycar race on sunday July 7th. They are allowing me to invite 33 cars maximum to join in for the weekend, which will include at no cost (per car):
- Two weekend General Admission tickets
- Two paddock passes or wrist bands (good for the entire weekend)
- Parking for your S2000 (and only your S2000)

If we have space in our corral spot, any S2000 can join but only 33 pairs of free tickets are available.

This will be just like the past few years - no decals or advertising before the race weekend. Just a chance to show off our S2000s in a Honda sponsored race.

Please PM me the following information (and if you format it exactly as written below, it greatly helps me cut/paste into my spreadsheet so delete the word "Name" etc...):

Screen Name
Name
Address
best phone # to reach you while at the track
car color & plate # (this makes it easier to get your car in order for the parade lap)

For example:
MrPlow (not “Screen Name MrPlow’)
Homer Simpson
1742 Evergreen Tr.
Springfield IL, 54321

770-555-0001
Red - ABC 123

I'll assume you'll want the chance to drive an Indycar driver around for the parade lap - weather permitting...

Everyone keep the following in mind concerning the parade lap;
I and Mid-OH are inviting more s2000s than we have Indycar drivers - so
NOT EVERYONE WILL GET A DRIVER OR WILL DO A PARADE LAP.
Do the math. If you don't understand what i just wrote, then read it again. I don't know how I can make this any clearer. If you have questions about the above statement, then please ask them in a post below. I or others will gladly answer any questions for anyone who hasn't done this before. There are about 27 full season drivers and up to 33 of us.
I'm not trying to be a dick about this, I’m just being upfront about the fact.

More cars are invited than Indy drivers due to the fact a few people have to drop out due to family issues, mechanical issues, and the simple fact that life happens...

To be considered for the lap, your car MUST:
- Be very clean
- Not banged up or in rough shape
- No roll bars, roll hoops, hardtops, cages, etc... (This isn’t open to negotiation)
- Have your secret compartment lid in place - this is for the Indy driver to sit on,
and your passenger seat. Some drivers invite their wife, sponsor, or someone from a charity.

A couple of more rules regarding the lap:
- No passengers
- Age 18 or older with valid car insurance
- Willing to sign a waiver from Mid-Ohio
- No drinking alcohol before the lap

Sometimes in the past, we get some VIPs to drive around too, or they'll let you go solo - but neither of these options is guaranteed to happen. So I cannot promise everyone will be able to drive on the track, either with or without anyone.

You don't have to be able to come all three days. Anytime during the weekend is fine. If your car doesn't meet the specs listed above, you can still join us anytime during the weekend, but you won't be able to do the parade lap. You may or may not be able to park with us – it’s dependent on space. Ask first.

I don't know where our parking spot will be yet, but I’ll update that info once we get closer to race day.

Tickets will be in Will Call at the track. I don't mail tickets nor am I the one who hands them out.

Sorry, probably no T-shirts again this year (vendor issue)

Some spots are for folks who have not done this before, or haven't done this in a few years.

The remaining spots are NOT first-come-first-served. So put your name in the hat even if you think you're too late. Until I close registration; you still have time. When in doubt, put your name in. I'll keep this open for a few weeks.

If in the past I’ve told you that you’re not welcome to join this event; that still holds true. Also, no current residents of Maryland welcome (they never show up!)

If I think of anything else, I’ll add it to this thread.
If you have any questions, ask them here in this thread because I don't go online during the day too much and some others here can answer most of your questions.

I or someone else will start another thread for related discussions during that weekend (food, booze, hotels, etc...) if there is interest.

You can start to PM today and I’ll keep the list open until I have 33 cars (more or less), but some usually drop out.

List (in no particular order) - updated 6/5/24
pgarratt
Mocky
sam_spider

ThumperAC
SheDrivesIt
eckert
Scooterboy
Skeeter 1
Waukazoo
KLBO
RobM
Ivanspeed
garrfels
DocLore
InitialAddie
sstc08
Jmor1234
TsukubaCody
NeutralSteer
pbook4g5
Acura_MM
JBamin

EngineeringInStyle
VtecFun
Popeye
Smokey Donuts
limecrush

Hartory13
Chad Brown (FB)
TypeSPilot

VaderS2k
Fsulli6
S2K4Play

Last edited by pgarratt; 06-06-2024 at 03:35 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by pgarratt:
acura_mm (05-18-2024), BlueBarchetta (05-18-2024), jmor1234 (05-19-2024), limecrush (05-23-2024), sam_spider (05-18-2024), teckert (05-17-2024), TsukubaCody (06-06-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-17-2024, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, thanks for organizing it yet again!

PM sent!

Old 05-17-2024, 06:48 AM

Received 227 Likes on 169 Posts

PM sent. This is always a GREAT event!
Old 05-17-2024, 06:56 AM

Received 2,662 Likes on 1,595 Posts

PM Sent!
Old 05-17-2024, 10:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

PM sent Pete - THANKS for organizing this yet again - MUCH appreciated!!!!
Old 05-17-2024, 12:37 PM

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

PM sent, thanks for doing this again.
Old 05-17-2024, 04:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent, looking forward to attending this lovely event with you all!!
Old 05-17-2024, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent! Looking forward to it!
Old 05-18-2024, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again for doing this Pete! PM sent!
Old 05-18-2024, 06:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't wait! Thanks for putting this wonderful event together again for us! PM sent...

Last edited by jmor1234; 05-18-2024 at 09:05 AM.

Quick Reply: The Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 2024 Car Corral & Parade Lap