Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

CThree: Ban ZX-10 thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is like an episode of survivor.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:25 AM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

I kind of agree with you. I think that some people are total pussies about it, but let's get real here. He does go out of his way to piss people off.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He has not really said anything intelligent. Can't ban every idiot that comes on voicing an opinion. He has been owned with every comment that he has made. He'll stop after he realizes how futile his attempt to get people mad at him is.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:44 AM

^So he should be allowed to break the rules until then? In most cases, I'd agree with you, but the problem is that he gets off on pissing people off. And E.G. - I don't think he goes out of his way, I'm sure it's his direct path.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by 2007 Zx-10,Jul 17 2009, 07:12 AM
It's the usual lies and wild extrapolations/drama from that idiot. A thread about 3 rotor RX-7s is not intended to "stir up conflict". The insane, vitriolic responses from some members here says alot more about them than it does about me.
Have you ever heard the expression, "Take what you get and be glad that you got something?"

I have a feeling that my comments about you are as good as you are going to find in this thread of any other.

For the most part, I find you tolerable and entertaining to one degree or another, and I acknowledge that other people go out of their way to draw you into an argument or they start in breaking your balls which puts you on the defensive.

But surely you can see how your comments and threads can be interpreted as deliberately incendiary.

You know just as well as I do that your Rx-7 themed posts are the equivalent of you waving your dick at the forum as a whole. You know full well that your threads are just going to piss people. If you really did not want to piss people off you wouldn't name your threads shit like "track god" and you wouldn't make comments like "no car ever looks this good, blah blah blah."

Come on man. I know you are smart enough to know that you are being a rabble rouser.

I work at a law firm and my boss would do these radio shows from time to time with this particular D.J. This guy is very funny and he is very smart. However, he simply cannot get syndicated. He hops from radio station to radio station and he always gets the boot just because he can't help but alienate his audience. You remind me a lot of him. You are clearly reasonably intelligent and I think you do have some useful technical insight that can benefit the forum, but you just have such a shitty attitude and your ego is so overbearing that the few people, like me, who consider you a necessary evil or even some times tend to agree with you, still want to see you gone.

If you were just a dick to people, or if you just made "**** you, in your face" style threads, or if you just PMed people hate mail, I don't think this thread would even exist. But you do ALL of those things. Surely you can see that is not normal behavior and is worthy of being banned. That's just how forums work.

I've ####ed up before and gotten put in time out. lol.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by s2000cr,Jul 17 2009, 07:41 AM
He has been owned with every comment that he has made.
LOL. Some people truly live in a dream world.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by s2000cr,Jul 17 2009, 07:41 AM
He has not really said anything intelligent. Can't ban every idiot that comes on voicing an opinion. He has been owned with every comment that he has made. He'll stop after he realizes how futile his attempt to get people mad at him is.
I completely disagree with this. He truly believes that he is right in every debate or discussion. He won't ever prove it. He constantly uses argumentative tactics that are unbecoming of an intelligent human being, but he still thinks he is right. He won't stop because he gets defeated.

It's like the kid whose mom tells him he's the most handsome guy in school when he's actually a complete douche bag nerd. It inflates his ego to the point that he asks the hottest girl in school out on a date. She laughs in his face and he thinks to himself, "That's weird. She must have had an odd reaction to a prescription drug."
Old 07-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Banned

I've never been "defeated" in any debate. A battle of opinions is not a scientific debate, and that's all 99.99% of "Car Talk" is (it boils down to a bunch of dreamers about high end cars most of the time)...wake up.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:03 AM

I'm a short timer, so maybe I have no perspective, then again, maybe I have *fresh* outlook[?]

I'd say my feelings are about the same as EG's post above - while I find him one dimensional, socially inept (at least online, because nobody could act/react like that IRL), and defensive, there are several people on this board that come off the same way. It's just compounded and visible because it seems to happen with such regularity. FWIW, I certainly wouldn't put up with _any_ threatening contact via PM. That should be an instant ban IMO (at least an extended vacation).

Everyone here knows his pre-programmed response to 90% of things car related. Keep in mind _most_ of it is opinion.

I know people get frustrated because - for example - they post actual videos of tracking their car and his [mostly FD biased, see above] response is posting 8 year old articles or completely unsubstantiated personal anecdotes (we've never his S2K, his FD or bike on a road course, a drag slip, and as far as I know nobody here has interacted with him outside of this forum).

ZX-10: Have you ever thought about just dialing it back a little? People (me at least) would be more impressed with positive, friendly contributions (and a little sense of humor) than some silly chest pounding about a few vehicles you own. You +have+ to have some clue that many [most?] of your posts are going to be a downward spiral[?] Again, I'm with EG on this, this must be partially by design, which given your age and supposed educational level seems beneath you.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Banned

You seem like a reasonable guy, and I have no problem being respectful with respectful people.

Quick Reply: CThree: Ban ZX-10 thread