Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Forums

Old 12-27-2005, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forums

Why do we have so many different types of Out There Forums??
I have to be honest the reason I don't frequent any of them is because of the amount of places I could post misc stuff...
Has it ever been thought to combine Off Topic, Hotties, Politics and the Corner while putting Online Games w/ Computers and Internet and leaving sports as an Out there inclusive topic???
That would combine & eliminate 4 forums, while allowing more people to gather in one area.
Then make that combined forum a members only area.
Anything offensive in said MASS forum people could use the famous "NWS" and it could be moderated much easier.

Just a thought

I have these ideas about other forums too, but these are the only ones that seem to over run there necessity.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

They have been split into those categories for a reason historically
Old 12-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hotties and politics are member only forums so they are separate. People who post in politics might be offended by what's posted in Hotties and vice versa and Hotties is a NSFW forum so people can stay away from it at work and not run into any problems with the ethics people. The Corner is "special" in a clinical sort of way so it's on it's own. That leaves Off Topic by itself.

Combining online games with computers and internet is possible and probably a better match than having it with sports. Merging the two probably makes the most sense.

Changing things is very difficult so once something gets split up it generally stays that way. If I were to make major organization changes it would piss off a lot of people so I try to avoid it.

Conceptually the best way to manage all of the forums is to use MyS2K as your normal day-to-day starting point. You subscribe to the forums you want to read and they show up in MyS2K like your own personal index of forums. If you don't care to read it then you aren't forced to skip past it in the mega list. If you want to explore what's going on you go to the forums index, look at everything available, pick something and subscribe to it. When you have no interest in it anymore and it's getting in your way you can unsubscribe from it. That is in theory of course. The current incarnation of MyS2K is somewhat limited but does work well enough to be the home page for many people. I will be revamping MyS2K in a significant way in the coming weeks to better fulfill this role.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good deal...
Just sharing my opinion and I appreciate your response.
I'm usually a neat freak and try to restructure everything I'm involved w/
Old 12-29-2005, 09:54 AM

Received 801 Likes on 712 Posts

Originally Posted by cthree,Dec 27 2005, 02:58 PM
The Corner is "special" in a clinical sort of way so it's on it's own.
Our meds ran out Erik... please send some more
Old 12-29-2005, 11:29 AM

Received 1,120 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly,Dec 29 2005, 01:54 PM
Our meds ran out Erik... please send some more