Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

How do you use the search function?

Old 07-19-2005, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up How do you use the search function?

I don't know if this is just me, but I'm have quite a lot of difficulties using the search function.

When I do a search, it doesn't seem to work. For example, it will say:

"This menu has been disabled

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Search is currently broken and is offline until we get it fixed."

This happens quite a lot. Also, when I'm trying to search for, say, intake, it doesn't return that many posts. For something really generic like intake, I would expect the forum to return a truck load of results as there were a lot of posts that discussed intakes. But it returned very little from what I saw (and yes .. I tried using other terms like "intake" as opposed to "intakes", and other equivalent terms like air filter, air filters, etc).

Also sometimes I would try to search for a post from a week ago about calipers, and I'd not be able to find it in the search if I just type in "calipers" when I knew and saw the word "calipers" (also brake caliper, brake calipers, caliper) was part of the subject line and content. The search engine would just return results from long time ago (say a few weeks back, or even months in some cases) Am I missing something here?

I'm currently only using the search function on the top right corner of the page and the bottom right corner of the page. But then, the SQL query that the site spits out (when the search function works) seemed to make sense for the most part!?! Not sure if there is any advanced searches out there or I'm looking at the wrong place ...

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:39 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

I think "it is broken and is offline until they get it fixed" ......

Originally Posted by Ks320,Jul 19 2005, 12:08 PM
Search is currently broken and is offline until we get it fixed
Old 07-19-2005, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it's offline ... and that happens a lot ...

In any case, my second question is, what doesn't it return the results even when it does? In the case of say intake, I'm not able to find a post that I have just read through the search engine
Old 07-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Search is OFF

until it is fixed. Which is likely to be when V5 comes online, which will be end August