S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Site Info (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-info-4/)
-   -   Multiple Image Upload (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-info-4/multiple-image-upload-271011/)

freq 02-22-2005 05:54 PM

Multiple Image Upload

Or is it just me?

WTF am I doing wrong, or is it the site itself?

xviper 02-22-2005 07:18 PM

It's never worked for me. :rev:

revhi 02-22-2005 08:23 PM

I heard a ancient stories from the elders that it used to work.

AquilaEagle 02-23-2005 03:12 AM

It works fine for me, and it did last night :rev:

make sure you have Java installed, and click yes on the prompt.

Check what it says in the little box, it describes maximum limits etc :drunk:

freq 02-23-2005 04:04 AM

Once I open up the MIU box, the box is blank mind you, I drag .jpg files into the box and the images show up in the box, it seems to work that far. After I am done doing that what do I click next to complete the operation? The upload image button?

cthree 02-23-2005 10:07 AM

First, make sure your browser can do java applets. If it can't then the multi-upload feature won't work. We use 2 Java applets on the site, one is for the multifile upload, the other is for chat.

When you click multiple file upload it will display a popup window. If it's the first time you've used it it will give you a security notice first. Click yes. The popup window will have some instructions. Drap the files you want to upload onto this popup window and you'll see a progress monitor window come up as it sends your files. When it's complete the popup window text will change saying they were uploaded. Don't close the popup until after it says it's all finished.

Slows2k 02-24-2005 07:05 PM

I had to update Java to the current version. After that, it's worked like a charm.

cthree 02-24-2005 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by freq,Feb 23 2005, 05:04 AM
Once I open up the MIU box, the box is blank mind you, I drag .jpg files into the box and the images show up in the box, it seems to work that far. After I am done doing that what do I click next to complete the operation? The upload image button?

What you describe is nothing like what should happen at all. The images aren't supposed to show up the popup window. The window is supposed to have instructional text in it and when you drag images to it another window should open showing progress of the upload. The text shouldn't change until the progress shows complete and the progress window closes. Then it should simply say it's done and that you can close the window.

Is this a java issue on your system? Does the chat function work for you? You should have Java 1.4.2 I think, I'm not a java guru. Mine just seems to sortof work without installing anything or getting too involved. I had some trouble using Java applet under firefox 0.8 but they have been working fine since 1.0 came out. Please provide browser info (software & version).

RBC3 02-24-2005 07:47 PM

Mine worked fine last week

energetic 02-25-2005 04:01 AM

I have Internet Explorer (Version: 6.0.2800.1106) and it doesnt work as well. :(