Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by saving4one
Picture Limits
Pictures Remaining 800
Maximum File Size per Picture 97.7 KB
Maximum Picture Dimensions 600 by 600 Pixels

Really? Is there any way to re-size pictures yourself or change it across the board to upload original picture size. Having great photography with decent display dimensions and file size is was one of the biggest visual draws to this site! I can't believe the old site functions took up that much bandwidth? or file space? to warrant such a constriction. As it is my pictures are de-pixilated to old flip-phone file size....
That is low - will ask for it to be looked at
The following users liked this post:
saving4one (11-02-2016)
Old 10-31-2016, 04:29 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by neuronbob
I came back here to renew my paid subscription to find these changes.

I am now receiving subscription notices about the forums I have subscribed to. There used to be a place where I could set the notification to "none". It seems to be gone. Can we have it back? I know it should work, since I do the same thing on Acurazine, which is also an IB property (hello, IB Jason! AZ mod here.)

I don't object to the use of VB, since it's on a number of fora I frequent. However, wowzers at the chaos. At least it's being fixed.
Here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/usercp.php

and here for threads: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/subscrip...ewsubscription
Old 10-31-2016, 09:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

My OP signature is appearing on every single post again fyi mods. I thought was fixed last week, but appears to be undone. Highly annoying for everyone I'm sure, including myself. Thanks for your attention.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:55 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
I appreciate the help, but I was looking looking for a way to set notifications for my subscribed forums to "off". The function is already there for subscribed threads, but not for forums.

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2016, 10:32 AM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

We hear you about Private Messages and are looking into options. For the time being, as AquilaEagle mentioned, you can make sure all of your sent messages are included in your Sent box by going to your User CP's Edit Options page and checking the "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" option (please make sure to also click the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom of the page).

For those of you who mentioned you have to log in every time you visit, please check the small "Remember Me?" box next to the username/password fields. This will keep your login saved on the site.

Originally Posted by s2000sccaracer
I started to edit my CT Garage Sale thread. In the first section, I made edits, by deleting some, but when i saved the changes I received a message that there were 13000 characters and only 10000 were allowed and that there were too many pictures. It required that I reduce the size to save it, so I just cancelled the changes and it went back to what I had, before the upgrade. Previously existing threads should not be subject to the size limits or just limited to not increasing.

I edited a smaller post in the thread, but now, what appears to be lines of code, show up on the saved post. ((Such as [size="3"]Additional pictures added[/size][color=&amp][size="3"]) I cannot delete those lines - they do not show up when editing, just when the changes have been saved.
​​​​Sorry for any hassle this has caused. There is currently a bug in our post editor in which including quotation marks within the BBCode tags will trigger the unwanted "&quote;" code to appear. We're working on a fix, but in the meantime, you can avoid the bug by simply leaving quotation marks out from any BBCode.

Regarding the posting limit, it has been lifted. If you receive a similar error in the future, please let me know.

Originally Posted by fernando.
PM's still suck.

Is there a way to put a resize setting on pictures once you post like the old forum?
Photos should automatically shrink to fit within the standard width of the forum if they're larger. If they aren't doing this for you, can you please let me know if you're on a PC or Mac, as well as which browser you're using (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari)?

Originally Posted by titch
Is there any way to see which topics I have replied to whilst scrolling through the 'new posts'? Ordinarily there's some sort of indicator so you notice as you scroll through. Right now it feels like it's pot luck having to remember which threads I've replied to as I scroll through.
Indeed there is! To the left of any thread you've replied to, you should see one of the following two icons (red is for popular threads, yellow is for less active ones):

Originally Posted by Drdoc
The mobile version of this site is very lagy and doesn't work half the tine
Do you happen to have any specific examples of features that aren't working? The more details you can provide, the faster we can identify the bugs and fix them.

Originally Posted by saving4one
Picture Limits
Pictures Remaining 800
Maximum File Size per Picture 97.7 KB
Maximum Picture Dimensions 600 by 600 Pixels

Really? Is there any way to re-size pictures yourself or change it across the board to upload original picture size. Having great photography with decent display dimensions and file size is was one of the biggest visual draws to this site! I can't believe the old site functions took up that much bandwidth? or file space? to warrant such a constriction. As it is my pictures are de-pixilated to old flip-phone file size....
We've raised the limits to max dimensions of 1200x1600 with a max file size of 1.5 MB. Thanks for catching that!

Originally Posted by skafia
Not sure if I saw the thread, but are there plans to support Tapatalk?
We do not plan to integrate with Tapatalk as we offer our own forum app called Garage Talk, which already includes S2KI. If you haven't already done so, you can download it from either the
iOS App Store or Google Play.

Originally Posted by neuronbob
I came back here to renew my paid subscription to find these changes.

I am now receiving subscription notices about the forums I have subscribed to. There used to be a place where I could set the notification to "none". It seems to be gone. Can we have it back? I know it should work, since I do the same thing on Acurazine, which is also an IB property (hello, IB Jason! AZ mod here.)

I don't object to the use of VB, since it's on a number of fora I frequent. However, wowzers at the chaos. At least it's being fixed.
Hey, neuronbob! Nice to see you over here.

Regarding the subscription notices, you're correct that subscribed forums are handled a bit differently than subscribed threads. You're given the option to set email notifications to daily, weekly, or never when you first subscribe to a forum. My advice is to go back to the forums you've subscribed to, briefly unsubscribe to them via the "Thread Tools" drop-down menu on the top-right of the forum, and then immediately re-subscribe to be presented with the notification options. I realize it's not the most convenient approach, but it'll do the trick.

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
My OP signature is appearing on every single post again fyi mods. I thought was fixed last week, but appears to be undone. Highly annoying for everyone I'm sure, including myself. Thanks for your attention.
Sorry, that fix was briefly disabled by mistake. Signatures should again be displaying only once per user per page.
The following 2 users liked this post by IB Jason:
neuronbob (11-07-2016), saving4one (11-02-2016)
Old 10-31-2016, 12:44 PM

Received 974 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
It includes blank lines. You need to count them too.
Nope, no blank lines. Just those 3 lines, Ian. Welcome back to the UK.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

I count 14:

1 UPCOMING:
3 Spring Fling 2017, Hampton Inn, Selinsgrove/Shamokin Dam, PA. It's coming in May!
6 Rock the Dragon 2017 - Fontana Village: The S2000 and Dragon Season Starter! April 27-30, 2017.

8 (All presented by Double Dragon Group, LLC)
9 ________________________
10 2008 ABP CR - #400 of 699
2003 Suzuka - #3203
12 2014 Alabaster Silver Metallic Civic Si Coupe #902
Old 10-31-2016, 12:52 PM

So why is this image taking up space in every post? Does this mean that there's an icon for no icon?
Old 10-31-2016, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by JulieU
I count 14:
Maybe so but if you read what I wrote, I was trying to change it to just 3 lines and then, this:

Here is the signature this *#^%*%*&% software is complaining about:

2008 ABP CR - #400 of 699
2003 Suzuka - #3203
2014 Alabaster Silver Metallic Civic Si Coupe #902

I still only count 3 lines.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason

​Indeed there is! To the left of any thread you've replied to, you should see one of the following two icons (red is for popular threads, yellow is for less active ones):

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was referring to the mobile site.

Quick Reply: The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread