Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[/QUOTE] Sorry, not at this time. If you don't mind me asking, what specifically don't you like about them?[/QUOTE]

It's cluttered, different quality of pictures make it worse. Also this setting dramatically reduces number of threads on one page, probably 1/3 compared to the old site.
I'd like to have an option to turn it off.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:56 PM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Orjinal
Did those and still can't see it.

As for the thumbnails, its my preferences to read the thread titles rather then look at the pictures.
Sorry it's still not working for you. Can you please let me know if you're trying to view the post on a PC, Mac, or mobile device, as well as which browser you're using (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)?

Originally Posted by IanCrane
The web site transition straddled my s2ki membership purchase issue ( I paid but you guys couldn't see it, and then the site upgraded while I was trying to get a copy of my receipt to you )

I don't know if it's due to "can't find, look here" or "fuqt up migration" or other unknown possibilities...

Thanks for your help,
Ian
Your membership should be all set, Ian. Are there any member features you're having trouble accessing?

Originally Posted by bradders39
On the security front I was looking at a thread NOT logged on and I could click any user and see their personal info, Address, Real name etc. Not being funny but this is not clever!!
Thanks for catching that! Member details are now only visible to logged in members.

Originally Posted by redbadge
It's cluttered, different quality of pictures make it worse. Also this setting dramatically reduces number of threads on one page, probably 1/3 compared to the old site.
I'd like to have an option to turn it off.
The number of threads per page should be set to 50, which is the current number of threads per page across every section. Just to confirm what you're seeing on your end, please look at the "Display Options" box at the bottom of the marketplace list and let me know what number is shown in the sentence, "Showing threads 1 to X..." Thanks!
Old 11-04-2016, 03:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is 50 per page. But have a look at the screenshot I took, this just doesn't look professional, or look good at all. When people are using vertical pics, or no pics, or pics that don't properly show up, it will be just a mess.
Thinking about an Excel spreadsheet with large amount of data, we want distributed rows/columns for better visual perception.

It's a great idea, but you may:
1. make snapshots really small, height should be within 3x of height of the fonts. And make each row the same height.
2. give options to turn on/off the function
Attached Thumbnails The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread-screen-shot-2016-11-04-4.18.59-pm.png  

Last edited by redbadge; 11-04-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:16 PM

Received 163 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Sorry it's still not working for you. Can you please let me know if you're trying to view the post on a PC, Mac, or mobile device, as well as which browser you're using (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)?
Mac and mobile. Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:28 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason

Thanks for catching that! Member details are now only visible to logged in members.
Jason I have hidden real name and address details even for logged in members - this would be a privacy issue
The following users liked this post:
kgf3076 (11-05-2016)
Old 11-05-2016, 02:39 AM

Received 974 Likes on 667 Posts

I know it's a small thing and has to more with aesthetics than operability, but can you please make all drop-downs mixed case rather than all upper case?
Old 11-05-2016, 04:54 AM

Received 3,523 Likes on 2,383 Posts

It appears that posting links is hosed up.
all links have a prepended s2000 header which messes up the link.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:33 PM

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I just tried the mobile site today and I keep getting a "parse error" and can't get to it.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:59 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Won't go past page 12 on this thread so don't even know or will see if it's posted this,
Old 11-06-2016, 02:23 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
Won't go past page 12 on this thread so don't even know or will see if it's posted this,
How many posts per page do you have, Ray?

Quick Reply: The New S2KI - Bugs & Feedback Thread