Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Order by date

Old 06-13-2003, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order by date

When are you guys re-introducing the capability of ordering search results by date?

It's such a PITA to do without it...
Old 06-13-2003, 06:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

While we are asking.. the capabilities I often miss;

1. The ability to specify search in a date range.
2. The ability to search using only date range and author name, but no text search argument.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:00 AM

... no answer? C3?
Old 06-20-2003, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The short answer is we aren't planning to, that is to say we have no plan in this regard. That doesn't mean it wont happen, it is on the wish list but not planned or scheduled yet therefore I can't answer your question other than to say it's something I'd like to get to someday.

The biggest problem with updating and enhancing this site is that people use it 24/7/365. If I could shut it down for a week then I could go and do all of those things I'd like to do with ease. As it is I can only make small changes without taking the site down for an extended period of time.

There is a significant update coming to the forums software and at that time we will probably take the forums offline for a few days to implement it. However I don't know when exactly it will come and I'm not going to update until all of the post-release bugs have been fixed. I'm guessing in the fall.

Until then I can't really do much about the search.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:55 AM

That's a disappointment. It really reduces the usefullness of the search feature.

Most sites based on vBulletin have it, some with higher traffic than S2ki (see for instance the avsforum).
Old 06-24-2003, 09:46 AM

Agree, this is one of the best sites anywhere as far as knowledge base is concerned.

It's terribly unfortunate that it is nearly useless at times because it has quite frankly the worst search function I've ever seen. If I want to chat about hid's on an S2k, or whatever, I need to dig through 100threads to find the active thread which 87th hit, which is arbitrarily sorted amongst threads of all dates.

Do the right thing, shut this site down and make it's search work!!
Old 06-24-2003, 12:34 PM

Just to add one more voice... I would gladly take a break for a couple of days to get a proper search function.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:09 AM

I agree- take the site down and make the changes. I'm sure we can all survive for a few days without the site. The tradeoff in being able to search by date would be worth it.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you will get your wish very soon. We have a new upgrade coming to the forums software and will return to the normal search tools.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by cthree
you will get your wish very soon. We have a new upgrade coming to the forums software and will return to the normal search tools.

Quick Reply: Order by date