Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Photo Gallery Under Construction

Old 07-12-2003, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man first you guys complain you've got problems so I work to fix them and you complain it's broken because I'm working on it.

Trust me, I AM WORKING TO FIX the gallery in all respects. I'm not doing a quick little one-thing change, I'm going through it and overhauling it in a significant way.

As I said it will be broken from time to time as I work on various parts of it. If it's broken then it is because I have broken it while working on something related or unrelated. Please be patient and let me get done what I need to do so that the gallery works as designed and intended, 100% of the time for everyone. There are 59,000 images in the gallery and it took all day just to move them around yesterday (8 hours of solid file copies). Some thigs are quick, others aren't.

As to when I'll be finished, I am estimating in about 6 more hours which might get longer but I don't think so at this stage. I've made very significant changes to the gallery, some you'll see, other you won't. I'll post a list of what I did once I get finished up.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2003, 11:15 AM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

hey cthree

don't let em ya...sit back have a beer and enjoy what your doing....it's Saturday

fltsfshr
Old 07-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Administrator

so far as I can tell the Photo Gallery should be working nicely now. Here's what I've done:

1. Reorganized the backend for best performance
2. Rewrote the permissions
3. Fixed delete, deleted images still show if asked for directly (posts, direct links), deleting an album moves everything in that album to parent album
4. Upload fixed

The system should be much faster now and work more as expected. If you are still having issues, please post them and I'll check them out. If you have broken images in your albums simply delete them.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:43 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally posted by cthree
Man first you guys complain you've got problems so I work to fix them and you complain it's broken because I'm working on it.

Trust me, I AM WORKING TO FIX the gallery in all respects. I'm not doing a quick little one-thing change, I'm going through it and overhauling it in a significant way.

As I said it will be broken from time to time as I work on various parts of it. If it's broken then it is because I have broken it while working on something related or unrelated. Please be patient and let me get done what I need to do so that the gallery works as designed and intended, 100% of the time for everyone. There are 59,000 images in the gallery and it took all day just to move them around yesterday (8 hours of solid file copies). Some thigs are quick, others aren't.

As to when I'll be finished, I am estimating in about 6 more hours which might get longer but I don't think so at this stage. I've made very significant changes to the gallery, some you'll see, other you won't. I'll post a list of what I did once I get finished up.

Thanks
cthree

Nobody was complaining, we were just asking.
Old 07-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by cthree
so far as I can tell the Photo Gallery should be working nicely now. Here's what I've done:

1. Reorganized the backend for best performance
2. Rewrote the permissions
3. Fixed delete, deleted images still show if asked for directly (posts, direct links), deleting an album moves everything in that album to parent album
4. Upload fixed

The system should be much faster now and work more as expected. If you are still having issues, please post them and I'll check them out. If you have broken images in your albums simply delete them.
The album comes up good, but there are no buttons to add, delet on my album. Thanks for the work so far!
Old 07-12-2003, 01:52 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PAS2KNut
[B]

The album comes up good, but there are no buttons to add, delet on my album.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Ok, that issue should be resolved.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:03 PM

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Thanks for letting us know what was going on I was wondering and wandered in here to find this thread so Im glad its not my computer Look forward to having it back to normal
Old 07-12-2003, 07:06 PM
Administrator

It should be "normal" now.

If you are having trouble accessing your gallery or it won't let you upload new images, check your profile and make sure your membership hasn't expired. I'll need to add some notice about that.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cthree,

The one thing I hate about programming for a living is that you only hear when things aren't working properly. The rest of the time, when things are working perfectly, just goes unnoticed.

On that note, thanks for improving the gallery for us.

Quick Reply: Photo Gallery Under Construction