Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

travel/vacation/tourism forum?

Old 01-23-2007, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default travel/vacation/tourism forum?

i'm not a frequent vacationer or traveler, but was wondering if it would be beneficial to start a travel forum. topics regarding travel have been posted in the off-topic forum, but it might be a good resource for the s2k community to have a dedicated forum for airfare, lodging, destinanations, cruises, etc.

EDIT: i'd even be willing to organize the forum, but like i said, i'm not a big traveler. still willing to do it, though.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think such a forum would have any traction. This is an enthusiast forum after all and for OT the forums need to be geared around topics people are passionate about rather than one which classifies information based on topic. I can't think of anyone who is "passionate" about vacations except to say they like taking them.

If you look at the forums in OT they are politics, computers, investing, games and sports, etc., stuff people are "in to" and like to talk about.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:37 PM

oh ok... i'm just trying to plan some vacations for this year and just thought to myself "what if s2ki had a forum for that...?", that's all. thanks for considering it though!
Old 01-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Try chatting to your circle of friends here in whichever forum you use - say Off Topic, or your local community

There is always http://www.scarytan.com - that is "run" by an s2ki member
Old 01-24-2007, 08:58 AM

Hey guys,

I'm that member

This is exactly why my friend and I set up Scarytan - for people who travel to share their travelling experiences and advise where to go / where not to go etc. It's not just for hardcore travellers but for those who go on a short break somewhere too.

The forum is only a small part of it but I think it has the potential to be loads bigger so you're all very welcome to help it grow

I could tell you about our v2 site but I think I'd get a bollocking for advertising or something like that...

Anyway, thanks AE for mentioning the site
Old 01-31-2007, 02:42 PM

I do quite a bit of traveling to Europe annually and have lived quite a few places around the world. It would be pretty nice to have a forum dedicated to a country's top tourist attractions, nightlife spots, hotels, resturaunts etc. With the diverse amount of people and active posters you would be able to get some great input from people i'm S2ki would be a one stop shop, learn about cars, computers, investing, photography and potentially travelling.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:19 AM

Any chance of this happening?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

I second the proposal. I love checking out other people's travel photos and experiences.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Muz,Feb 2 2007, 07:03 PM
I second the proposal. I love checking out other people's travel photos and experiences.
You need to get off of that rock you live on more often
Old 02-02-2007, 03:10 PM

A travel site would do well on S2ki. Since we have International members from all over the world, we would have a variety of people from all walks of life chiming in on local attractions.

Ian has offered free when I come over for a visit!!!

Quick Reply: travel/vacation/tourism forum?