Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Unnecessary Censorship

Old 12-13-2007, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=carrera4,Dec 13 2007, 10:37 AM] I love it when people say, for instance about America, "if you don't like move to another county".
Old 12-13-2007, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by carrera4,Dec 13 2007, 10:37 AM
I'm not exactly clear on what the OP did wrong. It sounds like he was posting stuff for sale without being a member? But he is a member so I don't know how that works.
Members are allowed to buy/sell PRIVATE items (not advertise their business, etc).
And they are only allowed to do so in the for sale/wanted section

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=155

VENDORS are not the same as regular paying members (note the green color).
They can post about sales, etc wherever they want. And they PAY for that
privilege.

So, in this case, the guy was in the wrong, and had no claim to demand his thread
be put back.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by S2000Patrick,Dec 13 2007, 10:52 AM
People should be adult enough on this site to be up on all the rules for posting. If anyone needs an explanation of my actions a simple PM is all it takes.

But, um, Patrick, you're making one HUGE assumption there...
Old 12-13-2007, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Dec 13 2007, 08:37 AM
If you don't like the site, don't use it. No one is forcing a gun on you to use s2ki.com.

BC, that comment is totally uncalled for.
If people don't like policies, they should make it known. If enough people
agree, policies should change. s2ki is not about the owner, it's about the members.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Well said i agree brian, this site was designed for its member, and i think that there should be some kinda of comment box or if enough people think things are unfair then lets speak about it!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by carrera4,Dec 13 2007, 10:51 AM
least effective ways of effecting change
And thanks now I get the issue... but was it for a one-off item?
oops!

No, it was for getting a BBK (the guy is a vendor for Brembo).
Old 12-13-2007, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pointman15,Dec 13 2007, 11:06 AM
Well said i agree brian, this site was designed for its member, and i think that there should be some kinda of comment box or if enough people think things are unfair then lets speak about it!
I think this is all there is:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=4

Old 12-13-2007, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hapybrian,Dec 13 2007, 11:02 AM

BC, that comment is totally uncalled for.
If people don't like policies, they should make it known. If enough people
agree, policies should change. s2ki is not about the owner, it's about the members.
Well said and good point. I agree with haPybrian.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How the hell did this get in my inbox??

BC this is your problem dude. You delete the man's post and then kick it over to me?

OP, when you signed up you missed the memo which is a shame because you agreed to be bound by it. Here's a copy https://www.s2ki.com/about/terms and you can find a link to it at the bottom of every page.

Since you didn't read it or didn't understand it I'll highlight a few key points:

1. The owner of the site, yes there is one, can do whatever the TOS agreement says they can do which is whatever they want. They can also delegate that right to agents of their choosing (the mods).

2. There are a few words you can't say, namely 2 four letter words, one starting with an F and one starting with a C, because frankly when someone is at work or when your little 5 year old daughter is around you don't want them to see those words. This isn't an adult only site. People use it all over the world at home, work and school and it has to be clean enough that you can do so. If viewing the content of the site can't be done anywhere at any time in front of anyone then the content isn't allowed.

3. Nudity or overly sexual content isn't allowed. See #2. There is a forum for members which bends those rules and give a lot of scope but it's one forum and it's tucked away so that you can browse the site without every going into it or being exposed to the content in it.

4. If you want to sell stuff you need to be a member. We don't want some punk ass thieves coming around here selling their ROLAX's or your stolen seats or wheels. Requiring they pony up a few dollars is usually enough to keep most away. We also don't want the whole site polluted by spam so we require that posts containing items for sale be put in a specific place, the For Sale forum.

5. If you want to sell commercial products or services you need to be a sponsor. In the same vein as #4, we don't want some mofo coming on here and claiming to be a legitimate business, posting a bunch of things for sale as group buys, taking all your money and f'ing off with it. We charge a fee for sponsorship which weeds out the posers and attracts legitimate businesses with an interest in serving you as a customer.

6. You may not post hateful, insulting or nasty comments about a person or identifiable group (like race, religion or sexual orientation) or post content designed to publicly humiliate same. You may not post anything illegal, plot illegal activities or post anything which you do not have the legal right to publish. The owners and their agents (the mods) have the exclusive right to determine if content is appropriate and have the right to remove it if they determine it isn't.

7. You must follow all the terms of the TOS including those I've outlined or you will be warned, suspended or terminated. It's not optional and it's not unusual. The TOS is piked almost entirely from Yahoo so it's terms are very typical. Breaching the terms of the TOS, as is stated in them, is cause for us to terminate your account without notice or compensation. Any warnings or temporary suspensions are purely good will on our part. Strictly speaking they are not required.

So there you go, all pretty clear-cut and simple. It all makes easy to understand sense. If you disagree with the rules you should have not clicked the I Agree button when you signed up and your only recourse is to terminate your account. If you decide to agree to and then breach the rules then we may terminate your account for you. If you don't like the rules you can suggest better rules but ultimately you are bound by agreement to adhere to them as they exist now so long as you continue to use your account.

I'm not sure why any other this confuses a guy attending business school