South Florida Owners from South Florida

Anyone know of a nice two bedroom?

Old 03-11-2004, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know of a nice two bedroom?

Hey guys, looks like the good ole USPS is putting the screws to Nikki. She told me today they want her to stay up there in Vermont until October and she's decided there is no way in hell she is going to wait that long so we're planning on her moving down
here pretty much within a month or two. Can anyone hook me up with a good place
for a two bedroom rent (cats ok). $1000 or so? I know I probably won't find much
for that price worth a hoot but until she gets placed in her new job, I don't want to
go too overboard with the digs.
Jeff....you got anything?
Thanks in advance for any tips or heads up.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:30 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Assuming you want to stay in Miami, finding a 2 bedroom apartment in a nice area will be difficult. Maybe something in Kendall? As you go north into Broward, the property and rent generally gets cheaper.

My best friend and I own a newly built and just finished 2 bedroom unit at Neo Lofts by the Miami River. We'll looking to rent it out for $2200. Hardwood floors, 11 feet ceilings, glass walls all around with views of the river and Biscayne Bay, euro kitchen, ultra modern and garage parking. PM me for more details if you're serious.

Edit: here's the website for more general info - http://www.neolofts.com
Old 03-12-2004, 04:32 AM

Without getting into this discussion again about the cost of living in Broward, don't be fooled into thinking Broward is cheap either. In SouthWest Broward, 1bedroom rentals will start at 1100ish for something in the 800sq ft range. Not very cheap, really. New townhomes in that area are being built in the $250,000 range (Pre-construction prices!).

In both Miami and Broward, you can find prices all across the board. It just depends on the area.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:41 AM

Russ,

You should look at Gables San Michele in Weston (Weston is one of the best neighborhoods in Broward) near I75, it's a little more than what you were looking to spend but they take pets. It's also a nice safe neighborhood. I use to live there before I got my new house. You should concider the one with a one car garage. trust me you wil love it. Two pools close to restaurants, banks and Publix...It's awsome. I used to have a St. Tropez. They gave me a free month (spread out in 1 year) a small security deposit (I have a 96 Pound Boxer). My Rent was $1175 per month...and that was including the one car garage (last year).

Neil

www.forrent.com/gablessanmichele

Or

http://www.apartments.com/search/oasis.dll...=0.42&srt3=0.80
Old 03-12-2004, 05:58 AM

Russ, pm sent
Old 03-12-2004, 06:12 AM

Thanks guys....appreciate the heads up. Warren, your place sounds awesome but until
Nikki gets fully employed down here, I'll have to pass on something that nice though
it sure sounds tempting. Finances will be tight for a little while as I'm going to help her
wrap up her engineering degree. I lived in Kendall before and it just seems like it
keeps getting pushed further and further west. I agree though....there are pockets of
areas throughout all three counties that are expensive AND less expensive. I'll check here
before deciding on things just to make sure I'm not moving into a bad area.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:12 AM

Rentals now aren't so bad. Vacancies are higher. I dont know how far north you want to move Russ, but decent places can be had for that, if you look. A lot of places are kicking months of free rent etc.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:09 AM

San Michelle is near me and its a very nice place. I'm surprised they are renting for that cheap with a garage in Weston. I just looked at a tiny 800sq ft place in Miramar with garage and it was over $1100 a month.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

W'ere in Coral Springs, just north of Ft. Lauderdale and our rent would be $1200 for a two bedroom (without Merri's discount).
Old 03-12-2004, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm kind of ignorant about housing prices since I haven't moved much but I don't think it will be hard to find something with 2 rooms for about $1000 around my house. I live in the West Kendall right next to the Hammocks. I'll try to find somthing around the $1000 mark and I'll let you know.

Quick Reply: Anyone know of a nice two bedroom?