South Florida Owners from South Florida

Car was broken into!

Old 01-20-2010, 05:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear.

Well.. Pines, Miramar, and Boca aren't bad areas either and car vandalism is notorious in those places. I live in Miramar and I'm glad i'm garaged.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Presto123,Jan 20 2010, 06:31 AM
Sorry to hear.

Well.. Pines, Miramar, and Boca aren't bad areas either and car vandalism is notorious in those places. I live in Miramar and I'm glad i'm garaged.
x2. im in miami lakes and its pretty bad here as well. honestly, the best security you can have is a good insurance policy
Old 01-20-2010, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good insurance + garadge + crazy alarm + 9mm = FTW!

As one of my buddies said to me, its kinda like a Bar-mitzvah for the s2k.

I just want mine back already.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:10 PM

About five months ago a guy got his car jacked in pompano beach (during the day and at a very public place) and he found it like four days later completely stripped. Then one month later they found a chop shop in the same area and I told the guy about it thru this forum..... he later said that parts of his car were there .......

They had the story about the chop shop at www.sun-sentinel.com
Old 01-21-2010, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by k24accord,Jan 20 2010, 07:17 AM
x2. im in miami lakes and its pretty bad here as well. honestly, the best security you can have is a good insurance policy
Full coverage here, I also live in a gated community but I don't know if that means shi*t since they let just about anyone in at the gates.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Edberg,Jan 21 2010, 07:15 AM
Full coverage here, I also live in a gated community but I don't know if that means shi*t since they let just about anyone in at the gates.
I always laugh at gated communities. I live in one as well and If someone really wanted to get in they can just tailgate a resident in. There's HOA dollars at work!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by s2klopez,Jan 19 2010, 09:56 AM
On January 23 it will be my second month with my '02 S. When I first purchased the car I knew there was a great risk of having my seats stolen but I never really thought it would happen to me. Sometime around 3-5am this past Monday my top was slashed seats where stolen cluster was taken along with a cut harness and not to mention my shift knob. My dad was the first realize at 6am when he found it strange that the lights in my porch where off. The fuc*ers unscrewed the light bulbs. I called the cops and 30mins later I got a call back that no one was going to show up and the report was going to be filled over the phone. When I asked about the finger prints he told me "unless someone was killed in the car, it's not gonna happen". I’m going to be honest with you guy I was so upset with everything that I threw up like I have never before. Why in the world would these idiots steal my damn cluster! What’s the point! I spoke with a friend and he told me more then likely my car is totaled. I’m sorry but until I have a house with a garage I think I going to drive around something other then an S. It was fun while it lasted but I’m going back to a 350z. The said part is that one the reason I bought the S was because it’s a nice convertible. Fuc*ing sucks. At this point I’m just ranting, sorry. All I have to say is get am alarm and seat locks.
You know, that exact crap happen to me but instead I only had the car for TWO DAYS. And in my case the whole car got stolen. They slashed the roof, hotwired it and drove off. I found it 6 hours later, less than 2 miles of where i was living; Seats, headlights, front bumper, front right bumper, wheels/tires, center console, electronic dash were all gone.

Because of that reason, i got out of my lease without penalty, and I moved from that apartment complex to a new one with a GARAGE. I got a new S2k and invested in Kodakan's seat locks, Lo-Jack Early Warning, Revelco anti hot wire, a new steering wheel lock, and 2 different types of BULL wheel locks. I love my new S2K I got and I didn't want anything to happen.

I feel you on the 350z, if you're not going to get a place with a garage to keep it safe, then get a hard top 350z, that was my second car choice.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:33 PM

I had a doberman a few years back and some kids were writing shit on my dads car (windows were fogged) at like 2 in the morning and the dog woke up my brother. My bro ended up calling his friend down the street and they followed the kids out of the neighborhood and tackled them and made them walk back and wipe the shit off the car ...... wish i had the balls to do that
Old 01-21-2010, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by gatorbait4me2000,Jan 21 2010, 07:33 PM
I had a doberman a few years back and some kids were writing shit on my dads car (windows were fogged) at like 2 in the morning and the dog woke up my brother. My bro ended up calling his friend down the street and they followed the kids out of the neighborhood and tackled them and made them walk back and wipe the shit off the car ...... wish i had the balls to do that
We have a little yappy dog that sleeps in the garage, which my s2k is parked right outside of. I'm pretty sure he would start barking if he heard something, I just wouldn't be able to hear him.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:07 PM

Do u have room to put the car in the garage ? Also get some seat locks for $66.00 .... very good investment ......

Quick Reply: Car was broken into!