South Florida Owners from South Florida

Group Drive/ Key largo or to Keywest!

Old 06-28-2013, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group Drive/ Key largo or to Keywest!

Hello to all Florida S2k owners! I am trying to organize a group drive to the keys or key largo for my birthday sometime this august. I know for some it might be difficult due to a hectic work schedule, but the last time we organized a drive down to the keys 2 years back we were quite successful and would love to do it again for my birthday! Created some meets for my MK4 Supra up in orlando to cruise up to tampa for the yearly meet and was able to gather 25 members to cruise up there. Then I organized with a buddy of mine "supra's invade miami" and we were having weekly meets for about a year straight then the crowed just died out due to the work schedule or family issues. I also helped organize ///M south back 4 years ago and our ///M cars including my E46 M3 were in the 2O11 Hot Import Nights.

Long story short, I am trying to gather up my buddy's from my other car clubs to ride down to the keys with me for my b-day and was just curious if any one would be in and down to join along. Its a bunch of fun and if any of you have any idea inputs please post! If your down to ride down please post or PM me! Need to start planning these ASAP and would like to set a record with over 55 cars!

I am thinking of meeting at the starbucks near 152nd & US1 in the morning to get some coffee and a quick breakfast then get on the turnpike and head down south. If we do end up going all the way to the keys we will stop somewhere in key largo for lunch and then resume or journey down to the keys!

Who's in???? Post post post!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:54 AM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Too funny....at the supermeet I was talking with a couple of guys about trying to put together another keys drive.

The last one we had was 2-3 years back, folks from here and s2kca. I think we had about a dozen S2000s, plus a pair of sport bikes. We had meeting points at the turnpike service plazas, and then the Starbucks in Key Largo. We made it to Key West by early afternoon and grabbed lunch. Some headed back that evening, some of us stayed down there.

If you're going to do this in August, start early if you want to drive top-down. My preference would be for slightly cooler weather, lol...

Put me down as "interested". Depends on the exact date, and the crowd.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:25 AM

I'm down if it's on a Sunday or the last Saturday of the month(due to my work schedule). I went to the last drive to the keys and had a blast!
Old 06-29-2013, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by jeffbrig
Too funny....at the supermeet I was talking with a couple of guys about trying to put together another keys drive.

The last one we had was 2-3 years back, folks from here and s2kca. I think we had about a dozen S2000s, plus a pair of sport bikes. We had meeting points at the turnpike service plazas, and then the Starbucks in Key Largo. We made it to Key West by early afternoon and grabbed lunch. Some headed back that evening, some of us stayed down there.

If you're going to do this in August, start early if you want to drive top-down. My preference would be for slightly cooler weather, lol...

Put me down as "interested". Depends on the exact date, and the crowd.

Yea man I remember, I was there! I was in the silverstone/red AP1 with the volk GT-N1's with a loud straight pipe set up! I was in a bunch of the pics that we took on that trip and the pic that we got from the 7mile bridge was epic!

Sounds sweet man, trying to make it either a friday or saturday so that works out perfect! Spread the word!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Community Organizer

Received 213 Likes on 137 Posts

Definitely down if its in August, but you do realize we'll all probably melt.....
Old 06-30-2013, 02:55 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Now that I no longer live in KW, a group drive is being organized. Ok, I see how it is

Old 06-30-2013, 06:31 PM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ILOVEMYAP1
Yea man I remember, I was there! I was in the silverstone/red AP1 with the volk GT-N1's with a loud straight pipe set up! I was in a bunch of the pics that we took on that trip and the pic that we got from the 7mile bridge was epic!
I have such a hard time remembering who's who.

I dug up the old thread, it was June 2010. Here's my car in the lineup...

Here's the old thread (with a lot more pics)
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/793...+drive__st__75

As far as scheduling, Saturday is probably best for the trip down. If you're having proper fun in Key West, there's no way you should be driving back the same day.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:51 PM

Sorry for the late reply guys! Got a few more people in so now I will be making a list of who we have in for sure tomorrow with there cars from different clubs!

I just need to know which of you will be heading all the way down to the keys with us & who will not for reservation purposes.

Oh no man I went to a different cruise to the keys! I cant upload the pics from my phone but when i get home i can upload them to refresh your memory!

If any of you have other ideas to put our there please do! As far as pit & lunch stops are concerned! Thanks
Old 07-07-2013, 11:10 AM

You guys likely don't know me, being I'm not the most active, and am fairly new to the forum, but I'm glad I stumbled upon this because I was thinking of purposing this too. I was talking to some friends with Miatas and they were very interested in doing something like this. Needless to say I'd be very interested in this too.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:06 PM

Furian777 please let me know for sure if you are going to be attending this & your buddy's with the miatas are more then welcome to come along! I just need confirmation from you & how many of your friends will be attending. Post on here

So far from the Bimmer, Evo & s2ki group I have

Ok so far from here that are attending are:

Alex L

David P

Mark H

Ray B

Giovanni M

Myself

2 others

Mike 21

Jeff brig

Igotcouponssx

Possibly farian777 and his friends?

Anyone else? Total of over 10 ppl including myself

Farian777 let me know thanks

Quick Reply: Group Drive/ Key largo or to Keywest!