South Florida Owners from South Florida

hardtop help

Old 09-20-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hardtop help

hey guys i was wondering if any one can help me out installing my hardtop tried doing it earlier today and the test fit without latches or bolts and it looked great but after bolting it down and latching it to much shit i had going wrong the rears seals have a gap, the driver window wont go up since it will hit the hardtop halfway up on the side and other little things....i followed the DIY VIS Mugen Hardtop Install and read everything and i couldnt get it to work. im really frustrated at this point and could use some help and advice to get this to work right.

my top it not a VIS top its an extreme dimensions top bought from a sponsor Rockstar Garage.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah it is an easy fix, just take it off... Put it in a pick up truck, and take it to your local dump. Easy fix, it should only take a half and hour.

What do you expect?
Old 09-22-2012, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by murd0x
hey guys i was wondering if any one can help me out
What Josh is trying to say is you should have bought the real deal to avoid these issues. Like I and many other people though understand why you went this route. Not everyone can come across the avg 3k+ for a great oem or Authentic Mugen hardtop. With that being said dont lose your patience. There are several adjustments you can do to get it to fit "better". It will likely never fit like an OEM or Authentic Mugen though and you have to consider this. You can adjust your windows as an option they can move in many different angles. Also you can look into getting izzie brackets instead of latches to avoid so much play. If your issues though are related to the actual molding you may be out of luck. Search around I found a lot of help on the forum in old threads.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:28 AM

thanks man and ya im very hesitant about buying products almost all the time so I dont end up wasting my money and having too many problems. Just took a solid 2 months deciding to buy the top after reading reviews, so started saving a bit of money little by little and looked at more reviews and then got it. The sponsor got back to me with some tips and advice on how to get it to fit so gonna give it another go and i have the Iggy side street brackets and not the latch brackets. I didnt know you can adjust the window angle i thought you could only adjust height so if anything ill try that as a last resort dont really want to mess with that cuz dont want to f@#k that window alignment up for the soft top.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had similar issues with my old top but there should be some adjustment points you can make with aftermarket hardware they provided you. Replicas are a hit and miss in regards to quality.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:54 PM

ya theres some adjustability but the windows dont line up right and i rather not mess with lowering the window from inside the door :/
Old 10-10-2012, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I could have warned you earlier but Ext Dem makes crap. One of my boys up in NY had a horrible experience with them. STAY AWAY. Their stuff is cheap in every sense of the word.

On a slightly good note they did refund the guys money only after a review was posted and a lengthy wait. It was straight from E D not Rockstar as well.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:30 PM

ya i wished i would have gone with Forbidden USA but the Izzy brackets they were selling them with was a great deal i got but i guess not .... according to there thread in the sponsor forum they guaranteed fitment
Old 10-12-2012, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I hear forbidden is the closest you will get to a perfect fit. E.D. guaranteed fitment .. lol Check the Feedback section. You may have to go a few pages back since it was some time ago. These guys couldn't even ship something correctly let alone make a good product. Sorry to keep blasting them. I am sure it doesn't help you but I am sure with some adjustments and added rubber you can get that thing to sit better.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:15 PM

well ED didnt guarantee Rockstar Garage did... i dont mind the bash just sucks that i have to bash too at a product i wasted my time and money with :/ and ya the shipping sucked cuz the box came messed up and was loose inside the giant box too so the top could have moved everywhere inside the box while shipping with only bits of foam covering the corners.... my friends, family, and gf have been telling me to try and resell it locally to get money back but i dont want to sell it to someone else and give them my current headaches with this top then have them hound me for their money back...i havent been to try and have another go at the top cuz school and work has me busy everyday and also having someone help me is a pain since friends and family are always busy or dont want waste hours of their time to sweat and help me adjust the top ....since i get no help they want me to go to a body shop and have them do it, kinda dont since i dont want to waste a shit load of money on the shop that will charge me an arm, leg, and first born for it but seeing as trying to test fit the top that when you line up one window the other window is not even close to the top i think i might need to take it to the shop

sorry for the long post

Quick Reply: hardtop help