South Florida Owners from South Florida

Hello help please

Old 07-28-2017, 07:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hello help please

Hello everyone, hoping someone can help me out. I am new to S2ki and am looking to purchase a S2000. I saw one that has my interest and was wondering if maybe the old owner or if someone that knows this car could provide me with more details. The car is in Florida and has some modifications done to it where the seller can't give me specifics on it. I appreciate your time and response as I have been searching and unable to find anything. Thank u so much here's some pics of the beauty.
Attached Thumbnails Hello help please-img_0012.png   Hello help please-img_0013.png   Hello help please-img_0014.png   Hello help please-img_0015.png  
Old 07-29-2017, 07:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't buy a supercharged s2000 from anyone and those wheels are hideous.

Sorry just being honest. I haven't seen the car around not sure who the previous owner was.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:57 AM

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

Always cheaper to buy than to build.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Too modified for my taste.
Hood does not fit very well, gaps are wrong.
Too much on left and in the front.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:19 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Could you post the link to the ad so that we can see it in greater detail? It's hard to judge whether or not that car is in poor shape or not by those small photos.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:22 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Could you post the link to the ad so that we can see it in greater detail? It's hard to judge whether or not that car is in poor shape or not by those small photos.
Took 10 seconds.
2003 Honda S2000 2003 HONDA S2000 AP1 CONVERTIBLE COMPTECH SUPERCHARGED SPARCO

Not sure on a previous owner, but a quick search of the VIN shows it was sold in 2014 in Indiana
2003 Honda S2000 For Sale in Lebanon, IN | JHMAP11443T004917 | Used Car Search

And then again in 2015 up in North Carolina
God Speed Motors - 2003 Honda S2000 Comptech Supercharged - Charlotte, North Carolina
2003 Honda S2000 Comptech Supercharged craigslist | Used Cars for Sale

After that there's an ad for it in Hollywood, FL and then currently in Pompano Beach.

Combed through the Indiana & North Carolina forums, couldn't find anything relating to a supercharged Silverstone or that VIN. So all I can tell you is this car has been hopping around.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sincereone
Hello everyone, hoping someone can help me out. I am new to S2ki and am looking to purchase a S2000. I saw one that has my interest and was wondering if maybe the old owner or if someone that knows this car could provide me with more details. The car is in Florida and has some modifications done to it where the seller can't give me specifics on it. I appreciate your time and response as I have been searching and unable to find anything. Thank u so much here's some pics of the beauty.
Found this list at the bottom of the ad.

Cosmetic, Interior, Audio, and Performance Upgrades:

Built Low-Compression Motor w/ Forged Pistons, Connecting Rods, and Upgraded Valve Springs
Comptech Intercooled Supercharger Kit w/ Paxton Novi 1000 Supercharger
Blow-Off Valve
Billet Fuel Rail
RC-750 Injectors
Skunk2 Racing Alpha Series Megapower Longtube Headers
Comptech Sport Exhaust
Comptech Billet Oil Filler Cap (Red)
Comptech Titanium Series Front Strut Brace
Full AEM Stand-Alone Engine Management System w/ USB Access Cable
MSD Ignition RPM Module Kit
Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
Custom A-Pillar Dual Gauge Pod
AutoMeter Pro-Comp Ultra-Lite Coolant Temperature Gauge
?AutoMeter Pro-Comp Ultra-Lite Boost Gauge
Brembo Big Brake Kit w/ 2-Piece Drilled Rotors (Front)
18-inch Aftermarket Wheels Gunmetal Centers w/ Polished Lip (To Clear Brembo Brakes)
Seibon Vented Hood (Vinyl Wrapped)
Rear Trunk Spoiler
Front Bumper and Trunk "S" Badging (Replaces Honda "H" Logo)
Sparco Torino Black Leather Racing Seats
Sparco 4-Point Safety Harnesses (Red)
Sparco Seat Mounts
Ichibahn Steering Wheel w/o Airbag
Pioneer DEH-X6800BT w/ Bluetooth and Remote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank u all for your replies. I was able to run the Vin as Alexs said it has been passed around for the last 3 years or so. Car fax checks out as a clean title for 4 owners with the first owner getting most of the service done at the dealer. The second or third owner I believe did the work to car but I haven't had any luck getting info to contact them. I'm flying to Florida Saturday to look at it, So I guess the real question is do you guys think with the platform that it sits now is the car worth it in your opinion.? Even if the car needs work which looks inevitable, with the brakes and supercharger I feel like I would be starting ahead of the game if the body is in good shape and the Vin tags intact. I do work for Honda but am not a tech myself so access to parts is a lil easier and cheaper. The couple concerns with it I have are the sparco seats and steering wheel. Hope he has the stock components I can put back in because it doesn't look to have the factory seat belts in there. Also I would have to tare down the motor do a compression and leak down test and start the refresh from there. So I know there's work to be done but as long as the body checks out and the motor isn't too hurt I should be ok right? I know it would be way more $$$$$$ if I bought a stock one and did the build from there so was just looking to hear your guys thoughts. Thanks again everyone for your replies.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:16 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

If you ask me the seats are the least of your problem. I get the idea of buying a built car vs. building, I've done it myself with a supercharged miata but I would not touch this with a 10 foot pole. Too modified, why passed around so much? It sounds like a bundle of problems.