South Florida Owners from South Florida

Possible tech day

Old 04-30-2010, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible tech day

WHEN: Between August and September
WHERE: TBA
WHY: We need a good SFL S2Ki event going aside from the others we already have.

After the meet tonight, I sat down and thought about getting everyone together and starting up an opportunity to get all of our cars and doing what we love doing, which is to work on the car. Of course, getting things planned at the moment is a bit cumbersome partly due to the fact that we're all running with our heads cut off. I'd like to propose a suggestion or see if there is any interest in getting a tech day down. If there is enough interest, we'll have it planned down at someone's house with a garage and get everyone to bring their cars to do whatever needs to be done.

Now, it can't be something outrageous. but if your looking at getting your parts installed then I want to try it out. I know it was done before, but it hasn't been established again so we should start one up. If you need an exhaust installed, driveshaft spacers, TCT, test pipe, etc. then just bring the part and we can help everyone out.

The location is definitely gonna be a place garaged, if anyone wants to step up and offer their place as a tech day location for this one then we just need a one or two-door garage and have everyone come over. We can order up food, bring food, have some beer, and even cruise around afterwards.

This is only gonna be possible if there is interest and it's gonna be set up on the weekend; more than likely Sunday. I know some people need to go to church with their madre so it will be a "tech day after pray" kind of thing. Post in here if you are seriously interested, as in don't post in here if you say your gonna come, but it's kind of iffy. That's what happens with weekly meets, and some people don't even show up. DON'T PISS ME OFF! Shoot me a PM if you have suggestions, I'm not a CO but I'd like to get something started while we aren't doing shit but looking pretty.

Dandaman told me there used to be some nice meets up on weds and thurs, so I want that shit to start again. No drama, no banhammer, no bullshit, just fun. I'm welcome to having another event where we all get together, I just want everyone to actually show up and have a good time. Imagine having broward and miami s2k's all in one place; would be nice right?

Location is going to be dependent on the geography of the majority vote. If most of the people are in Miami, then I'd like to get it going down in north Miami possibly. If it's a majority of people from the north, then it'll be in Broward territory.

Alan

I'll start a list of people who are interested so that way we can keep track.
TECH DAY AFTER YOU PRAY - Sunday
01. Benihana
02. ALWAYS_SLAMMED
03. Presto123
04. Jeffbrig
05. S2K Medic
06. LHP Sailor1P
07. Murd0x
08. Therook

I'll let this post accumulate for a week and see where the interest is and have everything planned out shortly.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:38 AM

Interest found! Now I just gotta buy parts!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SLAMMED,Apr 30 2010, 08:38 AM
Interest found! Now I just gotta buy parts!
I have some badass upper control arms, a header, turbo manifold, intercooler, all kinds of stuff for you
Old 04-30-2010, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interested.

Picking up either coils or a header next week.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 PM

Received 97 Likes on 61 Posts

Definitely interested, but I don't have enough room at my place to host anything. I've probably got 10 things I need to do to my car that I keep procrastinating.

Toda header to install (maybe a HFC at the same time)
new brake fluid
new oil/tranny/diff fluid
new coolant
re-grease shifter assembly

I'm also debating putting the OEM blank rotors back on the rear of my car - the slotted ones I have on now are way too noisy for my taste.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:03 PM

I'm down like a clown Charlie brown. I don't have any news mods for my car, so I'll help you guys mod yours.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:26 AM

Need to do Oil change give me a date I am good. Tranny fluid could use change as well.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:57 AM

So we had a mini tech day planned up earlier that we did. Had four guys and it was a blast to chill, get to work on each others cars and just have fun. Here's some pics of the coilover install.

And a little fun on the way home.

So imagine this with a bunch of people, we'd have tons of fun.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:58 AM

I need to change my oil. Just remembered.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:27 AM

Alan..wheres the pics of ur drop?!

Quick Reply: Possible tech day