Wow!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice... Venom is a bad ass!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:56 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet, so is the rumor true that it is attached to Superman Returns? Can't wait for Friday!

And although Venom is rumored to be in Spidey 3, that wasn't Venom in the trailer, its Spiderman Symbiote.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oohhhhhhhh damn now i gotta go run and ask my bro's a bunch of questions!
Old 06-28-2006, 09:44 AM

well.. i'm pretty sure we saw Brock also.. and it says.. how long can you fight the darkness before succumbing to it.. (or something like that anways..) which is essentially the principle behind how venom comes to pass...

i'm sure venom appears at the very end.. after battling sandman and the hob goblin...
Old 06-28-2006, 10:03 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK from what I can remember of the comics, it goes something like this...

The Symbiote is this black alien creature that Jameson's son, the astronaut, brings back from one of his missions to space. The Symbiote somehow gets out and merges itself with Peter Parker/Spiderman, enhancing his powers and turning his suit black. The Symbiote then starts to try to control Peter/Spiderman more and more while his true self fights it, hence the battle within. Spiderman gets rid of the Symbiote eventually but it finds a new host in Eddie Brock. It eventually turns Eddie Brock into Venom.

If Sam Raimi stays true to the storyline, we will see the Symbiote merge with Spidey, as in this trailer shows and by the end of the movie, Spidey dumps the Symbiote and it finds a new host in Brock. By the end of the movie, Venom might appear and Spiderman 4 should be basically Spidey versus Venom. Brock/Venom is being played by Tropher Grace.

Meanwhile, Sandman and the Green Goblin 2 fight Spidey in 3. Supposely 3 will be very dark and major characters will die.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:54 AM

I don't recall Jameson's son bringing back the alien symbiote. This may be true though. I'd have to pull out my comic books. From what I recall, Spider-Man was actually in outer space fighting with some other super heros on another planet where he encountered the alien. Peter asks Mr. Fantastic to investigate the symbiote, and it's he that tells Peter about its nature. Peter then finds out that the only thing that the symbiote cannot tolerate is high pitched noises, so he releases the alien's hold from by going to a church tower, and ringing the bells. It's in this church that Brock is contemplating suicide, and the symbiote finds Brock. Brock despises Peter Parker for ruining his career, so both he and the alien have a common hatred and turn into Venom.

The alien symbiote can basically take any shape/form and mimic textures and materials. In the comics, Peter doesn't shoot webs from his arms, but through web shooters. One of the reason Peter accepts the alien symbiote is because 1. it allows him to change into Spider-Man without having to carry his suit on him, and 2. the symbiote created webs for Peter so he didn't need the web shooters. As Venom, Spider-Man's spidey sense doesn't trigger. The symbiote has somehow managed to block it out.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:51 PM

Sounds like it's worth watching...

Quick Reply: Spiderman 3 Trailer