Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Post a pic of your latest purchase

Old 01-28-2019, 03:27 PM

Received 3,377 Likes on 2,453 Posts

On it's way from Toronto, no actual pic at this time.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:05 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

well, you're gonna have to drive it to Tennessee with us in May...

darcy
Old 01-28-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by darcyw
well, you're gonna have to drive it to Tennessee with us in May...

darcy
yeah it would be the most comfortable drive to the Dragon that I could wish for, heck even the Integra would be pretty comfy too.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:07 AM

I don't know why it takes 1 month to transport a car from Kingston to London, but damn, almost 5 weeks later the car is in my home town, to be picked up on Tuesday. The good thing is that it was transported by truck rather than shuttle drivers, and all of the factory plastic covers are still in place inside and out, under 20 kms on the car so it is fresh. Needs a good cleaning and prep, and a set of winter rims/tires.

It will function well as a practical daily driver. Subaru makes a pretty decent sedan and they haven't succumbed to all of the typical market pressures - so no ECO button, it still uses 5w-30 oil, and has a normal oil change interval ( No OLM). They don't seem to suffer from the oil dilution issues Honda is going through right now, so hopefully they are past the teething pain stage with their 2L DIT motors. The car still uses a manual e-brake, I hate the electronic e-brakes, give me a handle every time.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:51 AM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
enjoy it Joey.

What do you think about the issues regarding the Type R, seems to be overheating, transmission, and overall build quality (paint, interior plastics etc)
since I know you were looking at them as well but ultimately chose the 6 star brand.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by starchland

enjoy it Joey.

What do you think about the issues regarding the Type R, seems to be overheating, transmission, and overall build quality (paint, interior plastics etc)
since I know you were looking at them as well but ultimately chose the 6 star brand.

Hey Jeff , nice to hear from you. I was looking very closely at the Type R, but I went with the Subaru for practicality reasons more than anything else- the AWD system was just a better choice for a car that would be a daily driver for me and my son. If I bought a Type R I would want to keep it garaged during winter months though it could be winter driven if necessary. The Civic Type R is a great bang for the buck, and Honda did an amazing job with its track capabilities for a FWD platform.

Saying that, I really think Honda jumped the gun on their Direct Injection Turbo motors (DIT). My 2016 Civic suffers from fuel and water dilution issues in the motor oil, my car actually produces oil lol, the oil level will grow up and past the upper dipstick mark and gets very dark shortly after each oil change. Honda just released a reflash to address oi dilution but IMO it won't work, as they are not addressing the issues. Mazda had these issues years ago, followed by GM and Ford, you think Honda would have the issue on their radar when developing their DIT engines, but it seems not. The interior plastics were okay with me, I'm not overly picky about that stuff, maybe for the price it could be better, Subaru isn't big on interiors either but they are priced accordingly. Honda paint has never been great IMO, it doesn't seem like they've made much advances win their paint quality. I don't expect Honda's new turbo motors to have the longevity that their old NA motors always had, I'd probably dump them by 100k.

Lastly, I prefer to lease my vehicles for work and tax reasons, the lease rates on the Type R are unreasonable , way higher than any other Honda. Honda dealers also find ways to pad up the pricing with extra charges for items that most consumers may not want or need. I have to say the Subaru buying process has been light years ahead of what I experienced with my Honda dealer in recent years. Their no pressure sales approach had me walking out of the Subaru dealer thinking to myself - "man these guys only want to sell you a vehicle, and nothing more than that " - how refreshing is that lol
Old 02-25-2019, 05:48 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I picked up a new daily too, it's quite literally the polar opposite of an S2000. I traded in my Tacoma and will be selling my 6spd V70r. I don't see myself getting bored of a 475hp v8 anytime soon haha.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Canadian144
I picked up a new daily too, it's quite literally the polar opposite of an S2000. I traded in my Tacoma and will be selling my 6spd V70r. I don't see myself getting bored of a 475hp v8 anytime soon haha.

Should make a great daily for Canada
Old 02-25-2019, 04:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

SRT, stay off the gas when the weather dictates. Nice purchase.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just want to share my diecast collection to Southern Ontario S2KI. I just started last month, purchase my first diecast from a company called One-Model.
Now I'm a HUGE fan of them. The amazing details will speak for themselves.

www.one-model.net (Hong Kong), PLAMOYA : Anime Gundam Models Figures Manga Japanese Hobby Shop (Japan), cars79.com (Vancouver)

1:18 scale models.

My first ever diecast, red NSX-R GT. The start of my collection.

#2 Spoon Sports S2000

#3 J's Racing S2000 Type GT with removable (magnetic) Mugen hard top and tonneau cover.

Quick Reply: Post a pic of your latest purchase