Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

top replacement

Old 04-26-2017, 07:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jorden
Quick question for anyone - did you get the top shipped directly to your house? or did you ship it to the border and picked it up to avoid brokerages/duties/taxes etc...

Thank you,

-Jorden
I ordered from Amazon.com and had them shipped to my home. Don't remember having to pay duty or taxes. It turned out to be about $100 cheaper than ordering from Amazon.ca.

I found my UPS receipt for duty/tax which was $58. Still saved $100

Last edited by akyeow; 05-09-2017 at 05:54 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by akyeow
I ordered from Amazon.com and had them shipped to my home. Don't remember having to pay duty or taxes. It turned out to be about $100 cheaper than ordering from Amazon.ca.
Sweet, thanks for the information. I'll look into it!
Old 04-29-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Myflys2k,

how ow do I contact you directly? I would like you to install the a new soft top.

Thanks,

​​​​​​​Lou
Old 05-01-2017, 05:01 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Anyone that wants to contact me directly can email me at s2000softtopinstalls@gmail.com.
Or PM
Old 05-01-2017, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any reviews on the extreme brand stayfast ?
Old 05-08-2017, 01:13 PM

Default Need help

hi guys, so I basically need some guidance and tools for changing my soft top. I've decided to do it myself with the help of someone with experience. I can pay up to $200 and beers .

The reason I want to do it myself is so I can learn for next time as well as clean up the areas where softtop sits and underneath that.

Please let let me know if you're willing to help we can set up a time and knock this out the park!

thanks
Old 05-09-2017, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by s2Kmomosa
hi guys, so I basically need some guidance and tools for changing my soft top. I've decided to do it myself with the help of someone with experience. I can pay up to $200 and beers .

The reason I want to do it myself is so I can learn for next time as well as clean up the areas where softtop sits and underneath that.

Please let let me know if you're willing to help we can set up a time and knock this out the park!

thanks
There are parts that you need (rivets, clips) which are not included in the kit. Nick has everything, so there's no need to go hunting for that stuff. When Nick did my soft top, the invitation to observe was there for me to learn and I must say, that without experience, the job will take a lot longer. He was also nice enough to clean up the leaves that had accumulated under the old soft top. When he removed the old soft top, there was no cutting like what you see on Youtube videos. The original soft top came off intact in one piece.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by akyeow
There are parts that you need (rivets, clips) which are not included in the kit. Nick has everything, so there's no need to go hunting for that stuff. When Nick did my soft top, the invitation to observe was there for me to learn and I must say, that without experience, the job will take a lot longer. He was also nice enough to clean up the leaves that had accumulated under the old soft top. When he removed the old soft top, there was no cutting like what you see on Youtube videos. The original soft top came off intact in one piece.
i have already messaged nick. My only problem is that he's a 2 hour drive from me and it will take 8 hours to complete.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:18 AM

i have already messaged nick. My only problem is that he's a 2 hour drive from me and it will take 8 hours to complete.
Agree that it's a long drive but I think it was worth it.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:16 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

trust me, 10hours well invested. It took me at least 4 hours just to figure out how to gut the soft top and I wasn't trying to be gentle because I wasn't putting it back in. Add in replacing the top, putting the assembly back in, and fitting all the plastics back and the bandaids for the destruction to your hands. It's a pain in the ass job. There's probably an art to making the top fit well as well which probably takes doing it ten times to get. It's absolutely possible to do it yourself, It probably requires more contortion than precision. But if Nick charges what $450 and some beer or something for a days work I'd go that route 100% of the time. It's one of the least fun things you could possibly do to this car no matter how many beers are consumed.

Quick Reply: top replacement