S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Tampa (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/tampa-199/)
-   -   EMERGENCY, DETAIL GUY recommendation (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/tampa-199/emergency-detail-guy-recommendation-691214/)

DarkHelmet 04-19-2009 11:15 AM

EMERGENCY, DETAIL GUY recommendation

OK I was going to turn in on my streat, and some ass lost a load of paint. It got all over the side of my car.

I had a card of a good local guy here it was a black and yellow card.

I need some one that can come out to my house and work on this ASAP.

I'm willing to pay so long as i can get a receipt for all work done.

Call me 727-409-1194.

I need to get this off the car now!

vvs 04-19-2009 11:27 AM

Thats Billy, Twansta aka Presedential Detail.

He had a post in the main FL section.

DarkHelmet 04-19-2009 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by vvs,Apr 19 2009, 01:27 PM
Thats Billy, Twansta aka Presedential Detail.

He had a post in the main FL section.

Does he have a cell phone????

DarkHelmet 04-19-2009 11:58 AM

OK called his number 727-455-1502 but he's not answering. I need a cell number for him or another person I can get out here today.

DarkHelmet 04-19-2009 12:14 PM

Does no one have any contact info for any detail people in the area. WTF.....

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/4994-2/DSC02313.JPG

captainbk 04-19-2009 12:41 PM

What kind of paint? If the paint oil based and is still wet, try using some mineral spirits on it. Also try Goo Gone or Goof Off. Both will take off latex or oil bases paint and not harm your car's paint.

Tring to find sombody on a Sunday afternoon is going to be tough. If you let it dry overnight you will be looking at a real problem.

I feel your pain

DarkHelmet 04-19-2009 01:15 PM

I don't want to **** up the top or the interior even more. It's so bad I can't even see the display cluster.

BORT617 04-19-2009 01:52 PM

WOW that sux!

DarkHelmet 04-19-2009 02:02 PM

Moar pics:

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/4997-2/DSC02314.JPG

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/4990-2/DSC02312.JPG

:(

kalibo 04-19-2009 02:08 PM

Did you chase him down and make him pay for it?

PrimoGen 04-19-2009 02:48 PM

your only recourse is through the owner of that paint. He has to be held responsible because you might be looking at a total loss of the interior.

IMHO this is a multi thousand dollar accident on his part. sucks for him but you have to start a claim on his insurance or start a reverse claim through your insurance.

You did get the drivers info, right?

Depending on the damage and cost to replace/repair, your car may be totaled at this point

DarkHelmet 04-19-2009 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by kalibo,Apr 19 2009, 04:08 PM
Did you chase him down and make him pay for it?

Yes, shes giving me her info, and I've claimed via her insurance.

I have it in the garage with wet towels all over it, at least keep it from drying. :mad:

vvs 04-19-2009 02:55 PM

Dude, that is a serious mess. Probably more than what Billy would work on. I would report it to your insurance company. That is a comp claim.

DarkHelmet 04-19-2009 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by vvs,Apr 19 2009, 04:55 PM
Dude, that is a serious mess. Probably more than what Billy would work on. I would report it to your insurance company. That is a comp claim.

Well the pain will come off the outside, and all the leather on the inside easilly.

It's going to be the fabric thats a bitch.

I used Brandon paint and body before for work when I had a crash, but they are out of business now. Anyone have a good body shop I can go to, thats good with insurances?

captainbk 04-19-2009 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by vvs,Apr 19 2009, 06:55 PM

Now that I look at the closeup, the interior is beyond cleanup. I would demand a NEW interior. The body paint will probably be able to be saved but I am afraid the interior is toast.

JohnsS2000 04-19-2009 03:19 PM

kuhn collision

that is a major mess . best way to get it all out is to take the cars interior completely out dash and all

Kuhn deals with all sort of insuranc companies . what insurance you dealing with?

DarkHelmet 04-19-2009 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by JohnsS2000,Apr 19 2009, 05:19 PM
kuhn collision

that is a major mess . best way to get it all out is to take the cars interior completely out dash and all

Kuhn deals with all sort of insuranc companies . what insurance you dealing with?

She has Geico. I could liquidate my damages and sue her, but I'm being nice and claiming via her insurance.

The paint is coming off the more I soak it, so thats a good thing, but the top is not doing a thing :(

if you go to the gallery, i have full res pics http://gallery.keekles.org/v/album_001/album/

captainbk 04-19-2009 04:02 PM

Seriosly, try the goof off or goo gone. ( you can buy it in the paint section at Wal-mart) Friend who is a paint contractor say it has saved him lots of work recovering from spills. If it is latex paint it will come off very easily and will not hurt the paint ( removing the clear bra on my car I let the stuff soak on to ge the glue off.) if it is oil based it wil tak a little longer but it will work and it has a citrus smell to it.

Good luck, I know you must be sick, just like all of us would be. :(

RXDI 04-19-2009 04:30 PM

Seriously, I wouldn't clean any of it until the adjuster looks at it. But that's me. What do you think James, should he leave it or clean it?

ATOice 04-19-2009 04:40 PM

^^ :iagree:

You have pics already, but someone from the insurance company needs to look at it before you try anything.

It's your baby...wishing you the best. Keep us updated!

vvs 04-19-2009 04:41 PM

Sounds like you already tried what most reasonable people would do. Try to clean some of it then realizing it was more than you could do. Let the adjuster have a look, write an estimate, then get it to a shop and have them review the estimate and look at the car and let them deal with the insurance.

DarkHelmet 04-19-2009 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by ATOice,Apr 19 2009, 06:40 PM
^^ :iagree:

You have pics already, but someone from the insurance company needs to look at it before you try anything.

It's your baby...wishing you the best. Keep us updated!

Her insurance does not want to send some one out. They want me to go to them next Wednesday, I'm not going to wait that long.

I remind them im being nice, I could just sue her for damages with out involving the insurance company. MY claim is against her, not her insurance.

Indyana 04-19-2009 04:47 PM

Wow that sucks!

I assume she had the paint in the bed of her truck, how did it fall out? Was it stacked? Was the tailgate down?

I would e-mail a photo to her adjuster and advise them the car is not driveable, I am sure when they hear the claim is about paint that fell from her truck they are probably thinking a minor clean up of paint on the exterior of your car.

Good Luck!

DarkHelmet 04-19-2009 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Indyana,Apr 19 2009, 06:47 PM
Wow that sucks!

I assume she had the paint in the bed of her truck, how did it fall out? Was it stacked? Was the tailgate down?

I would e-mail a photo to her adjuster and advise them the car is not driveable, I am sure when they hear the claim is about paint that fell from her truck they are probably thinking a minor clean up of paint on the exterior of your car.

Good Luck!

The adjuster at geico cannot receive outside email :banghead:

she left her tail gate down and took off. I'd just like to point out she's a SHE....

Indyana 04-19-2009 05:59 PM

Someone with more insurance experience than me can chime in here but my understanding is you are not obligated to go to her adjuster but instead just provide them with an estimate at the shop of your chosing.

I wouldn't spend my time doing their job, you are the victim here, take it to whom ever you feel comfortable with and get an estimate, advise the adjuster when the car will be there if they want to see it before the work begins.

Ryuu 04-19-2009 06:27 PM

freaky... Picasso...

you know this will be popular like next week and everyone will want it...

best of lucky.. sorry bout your mishap...

S2KPUDDYDAD 04-19-2009 06:36 PM

That is very bad :( I am sorry this happened to you. I'm guessing you got it pretty bad too.

PrimoGen 04-20-2009 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ryuu,Apr 19 2009, 09:27 PM
freaky... Picasso...

you know this will be popular like next week and everyone will want it...

best of lucky.. sorry bout your mishap...

more like Pollock than Picasso

LOL

XScarAudio 04-20-2009 03:22 AM

My S is at Master Collision in Valrico right now. They did a great job on the Odyssey when it got hit, so I figured I'd use them for my mishap.

Blacknot 04-20-2009 05:43 AM

That is terrible

vvs 04-20-2009 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by DarkHelmet,Apr 19 2009, 04:42 PM
Her insurance does not want to send some one out. They want me to go to them next Wednesday, I'm not going to wait that long.

I remind them im being nice, I could just sue her for damages with out involving the insurance company. MY claim is against her, not her insurance.

Your right but, if they insure her then that is where the $ is.

You sue her and she will argue that she has a contract of insurance dragging the insurer right back into the whole deal.

It sucks having to wait and go through the claims process but have patience and keep calling them. I am sure it will work out.

PrimoGen 04-20-2009 09:24 AM

I say keep the paint splatter, strip the blue paint off your tan seats (I still cannot believe that fiasco, too), trim the interior in 80's style decoration and call it an art car

The Twanksta 04-20-2009 12:39 PM

Sorry just got into town and saw your message! I cannot believe that!! I returned your call and left a voicemail, give me a call when you can. Thanks!

slusoccer00 04-20-2009 12:41 PM

Thats horrible!! I mean HAW-RA-BUL!! I would have thrown the biggest fit!! :rocket: !!!

I hope for the best!! Keep us updated!!

JohnsS2000 04-20-2009 02:18 PM

take the car to Kuhncollision adn let them deal with insurance BS it is too much of a pain in the ass to deal with on your own. They ave experience in dealing with the a*&$%le insurance adjusters

DarkHelmet 04-20-2009 06:56 PM

Ok I got it over to an auto detailer this AM. Told the Geico adjuster to get over and look at it now or I'll just sue the insured party for it.

The actual adjuster was nice enough about it, and really took care of it. I got a rental, too bad rentals suck though. The uninspired nissan sentra is just wonderful :(

He's going to clean it all up and what ever he can't get off I'll take it over to kuhn collision and get it taken care of. The initial estimate for the work is about 700, and thats just a good faith to clean it. I need to replace my clothes and glasses too. I was literally covered from head to toe, and spent about an hour in the shower washing my hair last night.

Also my friend made a nice chop of my car:

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/5004-1/25fr90o.jpg

Should have called it "unsecured loads" :LOL:

the-moss 04-20-2009 08:29 PM

A sense of humor about this already?

Sir I applaud you!

SortaRican 04-21-2009 02:25 AM

OMG! I would so need a defense laywer. Woman or not someone would be in the f'n hospital. Good luck getting it all out.

DarkHelmet 04-21-2009 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by SortaRican,Apr 21 2009, 04:25 AM
OMG! I would so need a defense laywer. Woman or not someone would be in the f'n hospital. Good luck getting it all out.

Until i figured out what happened I just screamed ****!!!! for about 15 seconds.

after that I calmed down and evaluated the situation. Best to be calm during any stressful situation, as screaming will not help. And the woman did stop and was honest about it, thats a big plus.

I have the utmost respect for some one taking responsibility for their mistakes. And after all shit happens.

I carry 99% of the time and really you can't be a hot head thats going to fly off the handle when there is an accident. If anything being armed forces me to be calm in stressful situations to keep things from escalating.

Even when the cop was being a total dick, would it have been a good idea to be a dick back? no. Since I knew he was good at being a dick, it would have made him come back and be a super dick. returning his attitude with calm, collected and polite responses really threw him for a loop. He did not know how to respond to some one treating him with respect. It was kinda funny actually.

PrimoGen 04-21-2009 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by SortaRican,Apr 21 2009, 05:25 AM

I know where you are coming from but, once things like this happen it's basically done.

it was an accident. yes, there is liability and hopefully that will be worked out but you almost have to Zen out and let it go.

the old saying goes "no use crying over spilled milk"......once it's done it's done

I would have done some dancing around and created some new profanity strings but I would have had to settle down quickly and collect as much information as I could to resolve the situation as quickly as possible.

Sorry about the situation, Brian

let us know what happens

this thread has picked up some legs and is now posted in other areas on this site

SortaRican 04-21-2009 08:19 AM

I wasn't serious, it was just rhetoric. I would be pissed but hey thats why we carry insurance and at least noone was hurt.

JonBoy 04-21-2009 11:15 AM

Crazy! I'll be interested to see how much a detailer can clean from the interior.

Blacknot 04-21-2009 02:20 PM

That is the craziest picture i have ever seen. I still cant believe that happened to you

sillyboybmxer 04-21-2009 04:43 PM

show us pics after it gets cleaned

amelite 04-21-2009 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Indyana,Apr 19 2009, 05:59 PM
Someone with more insurance experience than me can chime in here but my understanding is you are not obligated to go to her adjuster but instead just provide them with an estimate at the shop of your chosing.

I wouldn't spend my time doing their job, you are the victim here, take it to whom ever you feel comfortable with and get an estimate, advise the adjuster when the car will be there if they want to see it before the work begins.

This is true. I work for a personal injury law firm, and what he is saying is correct. Honestly, I would go to an attorney and simply sue the insurance company. They'll get a nice letter and then the attorney will send a demand out to them. It may or may not go into mediation. I would go to a shop and get an estimate. They'll price you with new parts if it's not repairable. The insurance company sends you a check in your name, not the shop. Take the money, go buy used interior and get yourself some nice wheels.

S2KPUDDYDAD 04-22-2009 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by DarkHelmet,Apr 21 2009, 07:38 AM
Until i figured out what happened I just screamed ****!!!! for about 15 seconds.

after that I calmed down and evaluated the situation. Best to be calm during any stressful situation, as screaming will not help. And the woman did stop and was honest about it, thats a big plus.

I have the utmost respect for some one taking responsibility for their mistakes. And after all shit happens.

I carry 99% of the time and really you can't be a hot head thats going to fly off the handle when there is an accident. If anything being armed forces me to be calm in stressful situations to keep things from escalating.

Even when the cop was being a total dick, would it have been a good idea to be a dick back? no. Since I knew he was good at being a dick, it would have made him come back and be a super dick. returning his attitude with calm, collected and polite responses really threw him for a loop. He did not know how to respond to some one treating him with respect. It was kinda funny actually.

You handling of this situation is what defines humanity and what separates us from knuckle scrapers :thumbup:

Taking the high road is always much harder than being an a$$, good for you :thumbup:

Good luck and keep us all posted :)

deanob 04-24-2009 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by amelite,Apr 21 2009, 09:08 PM
This is true. I work for a personal injury law firm, and what he is saying is correct. Honestly, I would go to an attorney and simply sue the insurance company. They'll get a nice letter and then the attorney will send a demand out to them. It may or may not go into mediation. I would go to a shop and get an estimate. They'll price you with new parts if it's not repairable. The insurance company sends you a check in your name, not the shop. Take the money, go buy used interior and get yourself some nice wheels.

Yup sounds like the way to go there.

Good luck, I hate to have that happen to me.

DarkHelmet 04-26-2009 05:30 PM

OK I got the car back the other day, but seeing as i just had another 7k house problem (anyone know an electrition that wants a large house rewire to code side job?) that has to be paid out of pocket I did not have time to post them.

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/5021-2/DSC02316.JPG

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/5024-2/DSC02317.JPG

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/5030-4/DSC02319.JPG

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/5033-2/DSC02320.JPG

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/5036-2/DSC02321.JPG

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/5039-2/DSC02322.JPG

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/5045-2/DSC02324.JPG

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/5048-2/DSC02325.JPG

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/5051-2/DSC02326.JPG

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/5015-2/DSC02328.JPG

http://gallery.keekles.org/d/5018-2/DSC02329.JPG

the outside is 100% clean, and the dent from the paint can is barely noticeable. The top and rough parts of the interior are about 90% better, but all the little rough places are filled with paint.

The seats need to be re-dyed, as all the paint came off, but took the blue with it. The detailer said he's at the point of damaging the car more then the paint did while trying to remove the remaining 10%.

The seat belts can't be cleaned by him as it's a safety issue. No company makes a seat belt cleaner from what he told me.

I'm going to take it to a body shop and get an estimate on it and settle with the insurance company with that plus diminished value. I think I'll get about 8k total after all is said an done, and I could really use the cash more then a 100% restored car now.

The detailer did an amazing job that's for sure.

z4k 04-29-2009 02:22 AM

Being an Insurance Adjuster I would suggest getting a list of the Preferred shops as they will offer you a LIFETIME Guarantee. When you get into Safety issues(seatbelts), Dyeing the seats etc, you don't want to be stuck down the road when the dye rubs of from you jeans etc. Gieco's Preferred shops will stand behind it from life.

Good Luck

The Twanksta 04-29-2009 05:07 AM

I dont know why you would even try to dye the seats, its an s2k and deserves to be repaired, plus you will never be happy unless those things are replaced. Im just wondering if there could have been a way to remove that paint without using such a strong product that would strip off your dye in the first place?? As a former s2k owner, I would suggest you get it all replaced through insurance!

PrimoGen 04-29-2009 06:04 AM

the seats came from the dealership dyed...it was a scandal about 2 years when he/we found out about it. the dealership took a pair of tan seats they had on hand and painted/dyed them to the blue color (i guess to save money) and Brian got stuck with them unbeknownst to him at the time.

I agree though that the seats should be considered at total loss at this point and new BLUE seats should be a part of the invoice....but tht kind of a cost may total the car completely

XScarAudio 04-29-2009 06:09 AM

ah, this is the infamous brandon honda S?

The Twanksta 04-29-2009 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by PrimoGen,Apr 29 2009, 06:04 AM
the seats came from the dealership dyed...it was a scandal about 2 years when he/we found out about it. the dealership took a pair of tan seats they had on hand and painted/dyed them to the blue color (i guess to save money) and Brian got stuck with them unbeknownst to him at the time.

I agree though that the seats should be considered at total loss at this point and new BLUE seats should be a part of the invoice....but tht kind of a cost may total the car completely

Then keep going and have new tan seats! ;)

DarkHelmet 04-29-2009 08:57 AM

Well I've taken it to Superior auto body for an estimate of the outside work and dents. I'll not be going back to them, the person there treated me like I did not know what I was talking about. He really seamed to be on the insurance side of things, rather then my side. It really left a bad taste in my mouth.

I went to Freds auto interiors, and am waiting on a quote from them on the top and interior work now.

I'll keep everyone posted.

XScarAudio 04-29-2009 09:04 AM

What insurance company? State farm and Master Collision in brandon have now done right 2x with me.

DarkHelmet 04-29-2009 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by XScarAudio,Apr 29 2009, 11:04 AM
What insurance company? State farm and Master Collision in brandon have now done right 2x with me.

The at fault party is with geico. I prefere to get my own quotes and then have geico cut me a check.

XScarAudio 04-29-2009 09:10 AM

I still recommend them. Give them a call and they'll give you a free estimate when you get there.

gomarlins3 04-29-2009 12:32 PM

That really sucks. Sorry to see this happened.

DarkHelmet 04-30-2009 12:36 PM

well so far I got a 12k quote to fix the interior and top, plus 700 to fix the dent. thats about 13k when i figure in my clothes and gps unit.

The replacement value is about 17k so I should be ok on the car since im less then 80% of value.

z4k 04-30-2009 01:31 PM

13K will probably total that AP1. The Salvage will be pretty high on that car due to the damage being relatively minor from a repairers stand point. Start the car hunt.

XScarAudio 04-30-2009 02:13 PM

Where'd you get $17k replacement for an 02? Seems a bit steep.

JohnsS2000 04-30-2009 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by DarkHelmet,Apr 30 2009, 12:36 PM
well so far I got a 12k quote to fix the interior and top, plus 700 to fix the dent. thats about 13k when i figure in my clothes and gps unit.

The replacement value is about 17k so I should be ok on the car since im less then 80% of value.

if its just a dent than it should be able to be fixed with paintless dent removal. Theres a guy at Kuhn Honda every Wednesday that has done several on mine , he there eary every wednesday usually tll about 10AM

DarkHelmet 04-30-2009 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by XScarAudio,Apr 30 2009, 04:13 PM
Where'd you get $17k replacement for an 02? Seems a bit steep.

well 17k is the replacement (actual cash value) that includes taxes and title/registration.

Blacknot 05-01-2009 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by DarkHelmet,Apr 30 2009, 02:54 PM
well 17k is the replacement (actual cash value) that includes taxes and title/registration.

How many miles do you have on it? 17k is high unless you have no miles. I hope you can get it

Mintifresh 05-18-2009 10:35 PM

What ever happened with this?

DarkHelmet 05-19-2009 04:03 AM

I'm still fighting with the insurance.

The whole interior needs to be replaced which is about 12k. They are saying the car is only worth 12k, which is a trade in value. I can't find many 02's around here in that color on auto trader to compare and their insurance is lowballing me.

I could give a flying **** what the wholesale value is on the car, it's the replacement value they need to compensate me for if they want to total it. I think i'm going to end up having to sue the lady in court :(

triman54 05-19-2009 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by DarkHelmet,May 19 2009, 04:03 AM
I'm still fighting with the insurance.

The whole interior needs to be replaced which is about 12k. They are saying the car is only worth 12k, which is a trade in value. I can't find many 02's around here in that color on auto trader to compare and their insurance is lowballing me.

I could give a flying **** what the wholesale value is on the car, it's the replacement value they need to compensate me for if they want to total it. I think i'm going to end up having to sue the lady in court :(

The measure of compensation for property damage is the fair market value, not the replacement value. I doubt that your insurance policy is a replacement value policy which are few and far between as it relates to person property.

captainbk 05-19-2009 04:37 AM

^ Jay, just for information, If the insurance will only total the car, does he have a chance of winning a lawsuit aginst the individual for the cost to restore the car? Would the insurance pay for the fair market value then the individual be responsible for the shortfall?

Indyana 05-19-2009 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by triman54,May 19 2009, 04:12 AM
The measure of compensation for property damage is the fair market value, not the replacement value. I doubt that your insurance policy is a replacement value policy which are few and far between as it relates to person property.

:iagree: Jay is correct, unless you insure your vehicle for replacement value you will get fair market value in a settlement. Now you can debate what "fair Market Value" is but in the end it is usually a compromise between the high & low.

You are truly a victim here, Good Luck! :tipwink:

DarkHelmet 05-19-2009 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by triman54,May 19 2009, 06:12 AM

I have no policy with Geico. I was not responsible and am being a nice guy by working with the at fault parties insurance. I don't have to do this. Legally my only recourse is with the at fault party (ie the driver), not their insurance. However I will make a good faith effort to work with them on it.

When an insurance company decides they want to total out a car they are responsible for compensating the owner with the market value including Tax, Title and other costs. The thing is they want to use the CCC whole sale price guide which will tell them what it's "worth" at an auto auction. Even Kelly Blue Book is not a definitive answer and really the value is determined by the local (under 100mile radius) market availability and price of the car. This is especially true when you have a specific low volume car in a hard to find color.

The disagreement is in what this Real Cash Value of the car is. It's not $9700 that's for sure.

There is only one s2000 I can find on auto trader in my color, albeit with lower mileage (20k). Deduct some $$$ for me having 80k on my car that bring a cash value down about $1000 which is a fair amount. Now add in the fact I have an aftermarket brake upgrade and a sterrio system which I have over $1k in reciepts for parts alone, that puts my value some where in the neighborhood of $16k This is before Tax Tag and Title. Including tax (6%) and 150 for plates and title transfer puts me at ~$17k Cash Value of the vehicle.

That's a huge difference between that and the $9700 whole sale value Geico is saying it's worth.

PrimoGen 05-19-2009 06:15 AM

all of your upgrades can be removed and will not be factored into the price of the car. you will want to remove all modifactions before you turn ove rthe car if you have the car totalled

all those tax tag and title things wont be factored either so....the best rough figure of the worth of your care is either KBB or NADA book value for your car with your milage and condition at time of the accident

DarkHelmet 05-19-2009 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by PrimoGen,May 19 2009, 08:15 AM
all of your upgrades can be removed and will not be factored into the price of the car. you will want to remove all modifactions before you turn ove rthe car if you have the car totalled

all those tax tag and title things wont be factored either so....the best rough figure of the worth of your care is either KBB or NADA book value for your car with your milage and condition at time of the accident

Nothing personal, but that's wrong. Modifications are simply figured into the cost of the car as well. I have no binder that says otherwise, as it's not my policy. If you read your policy if it's not a stated value policy, you will find a clause dealing with after market upgrades and what they limit on them.

You are legally entitled to tax tag and title costs in the case of a totaled vehicle.

Please keep in mind this is not my insurance company. I have no legal binding that says I have to submit to any "policy exclusions" as I have no policy with them.

DarkHelmet 05-26-2009 01:02 PM

Well I just settled up with Geico today. Took less then the "factory" repairs would be worth, but still over 5 digits of cash in my pocket. :)

Still have to settle a small amount of personal property in the vehicle worth about $500 with their corporate people. (this is the GPS, Camera, clothes, etc.)

Anyone suggest me some sweet after market race seats?

brunodkid99 05-26-2009 01:24 PM

:thumbup: glad things worked out for you.

vteconly 11-15-2010 04:06 AM

does anyone know if the twanksta is still in town?