Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

Official Dragon thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see u guys out there should be a good year
Old 01-22-2014, 07:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Indyana
Working on a place in Highlands............

I am in and possibly+1 (I said possibly)
I'm down to stay in Highlands my only concern is I have to drive war woman road. I might have to get up very early to do so before we leave. Lol
Old 01-22-2014, 12:17 PM

Maybe we make that part of the trip =)

We stay the night in Highlands at X hotel, for those that are interested - wake up a little earlier and drive War Woman Rd to Clayton and back with an empty car, meet back up at hotel X, grab our gear, go to the grocery store, make the drive to Fontana Village.

Last year we got to Fontana Village a little too early and several people couldn't check into their rooms yet. I wouldn't mind enjoying War Woman Rd in the AM and arriving at Fontana a little later with better chances of the room being available =)

Currently, the wife likes the looks of "Old Edwards Inn" http://www.oldedwardsinn.com/. It's a bit pricey...but well worth it to make the wife happy on a trip she doesn't want to happen ;-)
Old 01-23-2014, 06:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacknot
Originally Posted by Indyana' timestamp='1390400510' post='22977444

I'm down to stay in Highlands my only concern is I have to drive war woman road. I might have to get up very early to do so before we leave. Lol
Might not be a bad idea. We will have time. I might get up and go with you.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by vertigyn
Originally Posted by Indyana' timestamp='1390400510' post='22977444

Better tell her to "possibly" pack light...not much room in that trunk with all the detailing towels taking up space.

Yeah, I may need to take out a Microfiber Towel or two for this to happen. I'm still weighing the benefits of a +1
Old 01-23-2014, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by vertigyn

We stay the night in Highlands at X hotel, for those that are interested - wake up a little earlier and drive War Woman Rd to Clayton and back with an empty car, meet back up at hotel X, grab our gear, go to the grocery store, make the drive to Fontana Village.

Last year we got to Fontana Village a little too early and several people couldn't check into their rooms yet. I wouldn't mind enjoying War Woman Rd in the AM and arriving at Fontana a little later with better chances of the room being available =)

Currently, the wife likes the looks of "Old Edwards Inn" http://www.oldedwardsinn.com/. It's a bit pricey...but well worth it to make the wife happy on a trip she doesn't want to happen ;-)

Old Edwards Inn is VERY Nice but so is the price at $200+ for the night however right across the street is the Highlands Inn and it is around $140 per night and both are right downtown. I am looking at one just a little outside of Downtown called Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages which is listed between $69 and $120 per night and is modern yet rustic.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:05 AM

We don't do "rustic" ;-)

This is going to be fun!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:19 PM

Rooms / cabins reserved at Fontana.

What's wrong with the Dillard House? *Shrugs*
Old 01-23-2014, 02:55 PM

registered
Old 01-24-2014, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Indyana
Originally Posted by vertigyn' timestamp='1390425449' post='22978301

Old Edwards Inn is VERY Nice but so is the price at $200+ for the night however right across the street is the Highlands Inn and it is around $140 per night and both are right downtown. I am looking at one just a little outside of Downtown called Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages which is listed between $69 and $120 per night and is modern yet rustic.
When this gets closer and we figure out our options we can all vote and decide what we would like to do. Anyone can obviously stay where they want. I'm using Wednesday nights hotel just to get a good nights sleep. I personally am not paying over $100 a night for that. Dillard house is very nice for the price. Hopefully we can find something like that on Highlands. If not Dillard house followed by War woman road it is for me. I like "rustic" and it gives me more gas money. Lol

Quick Reply: Official Dragon thread