Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

Type R is here

Old 07-10-2017, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well first and foremost.........Thanx to John for being the one that sold it. He is so pure bred to the Honda Brand he completely deserves it. Hope that you were rewarded well .....................

AND, for those that don't remember, when the original S2000 were delivered to the dealerships, there were several folks on this site that gladly paid upward to $7,000 bucks over sticker way back in 2000. Now, 17 years later, and thanx to the numerous and over rated Sports Car TV shows, stupid street racing movies and internet auction sites, these special release cars will absolutely spank anyone who wants one.

Honda inasmuch any other brand is well aware of this and will continue this pattern for decades to come. Too, the dealerships have a laundry list of clients with too much money and will pay any price for the bragging rights to state that they got the "first" one. If you even remotely think that you will ever be able to pick up any of these cars for "sticker" ........better just keep on enjoying your S2K for the rest of your lives to come.

I'm no prophet, but if and when Honda ever does release the next generation S2000 (S3000 or S1500, etc.....) watch what happens to the first year or two of these sales. It will be history repeating itself. Just look at what happened to the NSX, 1st gen and now the 2nd gen. Try to buy one of those at "sticker".......!!

*****sorry for the rant......long day in the rain. Roofing is a stupid profession. BUT, I will say that we should support one of our own if you are in the market for any new Honda. Me and the Zacksmom have a 2017 CRV Touring AWD in the new Molten Lava RED and could be any happier that it was John who obtained it for us.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:28 AM
Community Organizer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i remember the sticker on the first s2000 i saw. $10k market adjustment. i didn't buy one then. I bought mine new in 05 for under invoice. i'm all for supporting John. in fact if I buy another honda he will be my first call and I live in jax. I won't be paying 10k over msrp though. lol.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zacksdad2
Well first and foremost.........Thanx to John for being the one that sold it. He is so pure bred to the Honda Brand he completely deserves it. Hope that you were rewarded well .....................

AND, for those that don't remember, when the original S2000 were delivered to the dealerships, there were several folks on this site that gladly paid upward to $7,000 bucks over sticker way back in 2000. Now, 17 years later, and thanx to the numerous and over rated Sports Car TV shows, stupid street racing movies and internet auction sites, these special release cars will absolutely spank anyone who wants one.

Honda inasmuch any other brand is well aware of this and will continue this pattern for decades to come. Too, the dealerships have a laundry list of clients with too much money and will pay any price for the bragging rights to state that they got the "first" one. If you even remotely think that you will ever be able to pick up any of these cars for "sticker" ........better just keep on enjoying your S2K for the rest of your lives to come.

I'm no prophet, but if and when Honda ever does release the next generation S2000 (S3000 or S1500, etc.....) watch what happens to the first year or two of these sales. It will be history repeating itself. Just look at what happened to the NSX, 1st gen and now the 2nd gen. Try to buy one of those at "sticker".......!!

*****sorry for the rant......long day in the rain. Roofing is a stupid profession. BUT, I will say that we should support one of our own if you are in the market for any new Honda. Me and the Zacksmom have a 2017 CRV Touring AWD in the new Molten Lava RED and could be any happier that it was John who obtained it for us.
Thanks Scott !! Hope you guys are really enjoying the CR-V. I am still baffled that I had to get it from California, fortunate that it was pre-production and shipped direct to us.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by jimreaper
i remember the sticker on the first s2000 i saw. $10k market adjustment. i didn't buy one then. I bought mine new in 05 for under invoice. i'm all for supporting John. in fact if I buy another honda he will be my first call and I live in jax. I won't be paying 10k over msrp though. lol.
I would not pay it either. But I don't have to worry about buying one, the GM refuses to sell one to employees. The next one due in September is supposedly already sold too.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:11 AM
Community Organizer

do you know how many they plan on making and bringing here ?
Old 07-12-2017, 10:20 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

Any pix?
Old 07-14-2017, 05:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the 6000 range I think.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:28 AM

6000 was what I have been told several times for the 2017's. Production(supposedly) ends 3-31-18 according to our District Sales manager. No AWD will be offered for anyone questioning that(too much cost in R&D for no return)
Old 07-17-2017, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Langelo DeMysterioso
Any pix?
at #AreYouTypeR there are photos. There are two cars, one Blue and one Black
Old 07-17-2017, 12:16 PM
Community Organizer

i'm guessing they will be sitting in lots in 1 year. around invoice price. I see some guy has 2 of them on ebay and is trying to flip.

Quick Reply: Type R is here