Tampa Gulf coast and surrounding areas...there be pirates here!!

What's up to my Florida S2000 Owners

Old 05-27-2018, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's up to my Florida S2000 Owners

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been searching in these forums for quite some time now but haven't actually joined and thought today I'd pull the trigger. I've always wanted an S2000 and took the leap about a year ago. I have have been meticulously building the car over the past year. I was lucky to find an AP1 that I bought from a car collector that only had 25K miles on it. I have added many tasteful mods to the car. I just found these discontinued Rays Engineering Volk RE30 offset rims from Japan specifically made for the S2000. I reconditioned the rims and powder-coated them back to the original finish and wrapped them in Toyo Proxes. I'm based in Florida let me know if any other members are. Look forward to meeting and speaking with you all.

Respectfully,

Casey

03 AP1, Volk RE30 with Toyo Proxes
Old 05-28-2018, 08:30 AM
Rat

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. This site has gotten pretty quiet over the past few years. There is a facebook group for Tampa area S2000 owners that has a bit more activity.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:44 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome! Your car looks great. This is the same one that LHT Performance posted up on instagram right? You should bring it to a Cars & Coffee sometime.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:36 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome & nice choice

Unfortunately, as mentioned, Facebook seems to be the new thing and killed forums for the most part.
Just don't show facts in the Tampa FB group otherwise the guy running it will kick you out
Old 07-31-2018, 05:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good morning/afternoon,
My husband and I moved to the area in October from North Carolina and were wondering what happened to the c&c meets. Neither one of us has facebook so it'd be nice to find out when to hang or if anyone just wants to drive. We have his and her S2ks (black and white) so the group starts with 2 if you guys want to join! The NC group was less than friendly and we ended up creating an S2Kriminals in Fayetteville where we'd roll 6 to 12 deep. I do get apprehensive driving around the drivers here since everyone has an F150 or SUV so we are invisible and no one seems to care about their safety just lane changing on a whim...nerve wracking! I don't think a lot of fun could be had on a drive here unless we had back roads, a destination spot or open parking lots for donut fun. Feel free to pm me

T
Old 07-31-2018, 05:48 AM

There's a Dupont cars and coffee in St Pete (3051 Tech Dr N St Pete) starts at 7am and goes for 2 hrs. Mclarens, Ferraris, Supras, custom Vettes, Bugattis, and a bunch more. 3rd Saturday of every month.

Sarasota cars and coffee (5005 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota) the 2nd saturday of each month from 8 to 10am

Exotic Brunch every 2nd Sunday at Bullfrog Brewery in Riverview from 11 to 2pm. Ferraris, Porsche, Lotus etc
The following users liked this post:
spectacle (12-03-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 08:48 AM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by venati44
Sarasota cars and coffee (5005 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota) the 2nd saturday of each month from 8 to 10am
I use these couple of pages to keep track of everything car related in the Sarasota area but they have sections for each general area of the state
http://flacarshows.com/events/catego...hwest-florida/
http://flacarshows.com/events/catego...st-of-florida/

Have been wanting to get up to DuPont for a while now as all the pics/vids make it look like a good turnout (I'm used to the Miami car scene) but just haven't found the time yet
The following users liked this post:
venati44 (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 07:55 AM

Thank you!! That's quite a bit.

The dupont show is worth the early rise if even just to go once but do know some of them start leaving around 8:15. It's brief but the amount of exotics in all their custom colors are such eye candy. I think I saw refreshments? maybe too early for the brain to function completely. saw two S2s last time I went
Old 08-01-2018, 08:07 AM

mine, we took photos by the murals of St Pete
Old 08-06-2018, 08:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A group of us usually make it to the exotic brunch at Bullfrog Creek Brewing.

Might be best to join facebook (even if you create a fake profile) and join the local page. Many events are posted there. This site has really lost almost all activity.

Also, there is a group of us who autocross monthly, if you're into that kind of thing.

Quick Reply: What's up to my Florida S2000 Owners