Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Where you at

Old 02-18-2007, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where you at

I just got out of the Marines and moved back to Oak Ridge, TN. I left all my car buddies back in VA. Just tryin' to find a new "crew" to hang out with/ get to know. I feel like a little feller in this world, being only 21 and own an S. All the people I see in my town are older folks who I'm sure are not on here. Just lookin for some fellow S owners to get the scoop on what there is to do around here i.e. meets, autocrosses, dyno days, cruises, etc. I miss my VA car buddies...

www.sumospeed.com
Old 02-18-2007, 06:28 PM

Most of those old guys are on here.

I am located in Chattanooga. There are several owners in the Knoxville area who are on the board. They are old as dirt

We will be holding the SESM meet June 8-10 in Chattanooga.

Jason (Kalonite) is in knoxville and a "professional" autocrosser.

Great to have you joining us.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:36 AM
Jek

Welcome! My name is David, and I live up in Johnson City all by my lonesome. Haven't been able to find much of a car group up here, so I hang out with a bunch of sport bikers and ride my CBR most of the time, although I bust out the S2000 up here on occasion. I also travel to Knoxville/The Dragon as much as I can to hang out with all the S2000 crew down there

Anything done to your S? From the pics on Sumospeed, looks mostly stock, but that could've been a while ago I guess. Nice color combo BTW
Old 02-20-2007, 05:38 AM
Jek

Nevermind, just read your list of mods in your sig, heh. What width are those wheels? Any AutoX/track experience, btw?
Old 02-20-2007, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by XZLR8N,Feb 18 2007, 09:41 PM
...I feel like a little feller in this world, being only 21 and own an S. All the people I see in my town are older folks who I'm sure are not on here...
Yeah, some of us are pretty old. When I bought Betty back in '02 I thought to myself that when getting in and out of the car becomes more painful than the pure joy of driving the car I'll give her up.

Generally speaking we're not all that crotchety. Come on down for the SESM.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:48 PM

I'm 24 and have an S. So your not the only one. I'm from SW VA now live in Jefferson.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:52 PM

I've been looking at going to the SESM but I saw somewhere that there was another meet in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg/Sevierville that same weekend. I may have heard wrong. I need to hurry up and register if I decide to go then.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by XZLR8N,Feb 22 2007, 07:52 PM
I've been looking at going to the SESM but I saw somewhere that there was another meet in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg/Sevierville that same weekend. I may have heard wrong. I need to hurry up and register if I decide to go then.
That was the 2006 SESM meet.

The new website for the 2007 meet will be live soon. Date for 2007 SESM is June 8-10 in Chattanooga.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:27 PM

The new site is live now!!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:19 PM

I'll definately clear my calender for that event. And to JEK... The wheels I have are Front-18x8 & Rear-18x9. They are gorgeous wheels for the price. As for track and autocross experience, I don't have any...yet. I have been trying to find out where there are some events are because I would love to do autocross and have been dying to let loose on a track, but there arent really any around here. Closest ones are I guess, VIR and Road Atlanta.

I know that there is some autocross event in my town every now and then (SCCA?), but I never know about it until it happens and I just go down there to watch, but that was before I bought my S.

If any body knows about some upcoming auto-X days coming up let me know, I've been waiting forever to show everyone how many little orange cones I can knock down in under a minute.

Quick Reply: Where you at