Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

SO2 Tires are on backorder!!!!

Old 04-03-2001, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know some people in our group that need tires (ie. Randy, Mark, Rus, Me); so I thought I would post this here to give you guys fair warning.

I just spoke with Conor and the tires are on backorder. I was wanting to get a set put on the car before the Ashville trip; however, the tires won't be avalable before then. He said they are shipping in to his warehouse in Reno on the 23rd and would'nt be able to get them to me until a week after that .
So if you need tires... start looking/shopping around cause you are not going to get them for like a month if you order them from tirerack.com

This is bad news for me... so if anybody can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. Tirerack is so much cheaper than anyone else, and I'm not looking forward to spending nearly twice as much to order them from someone else just to get them in time for the dragon. I don't know what to do. THANKS.
Old 04-03-2001, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could just take my tires, and give me your new ones when they arrive! The still have plenty of tread on them, only ~2600 miles of mostly weekend leisure cruising!
Old 04-03-2001, 11:00 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Stefan was saying this weekend that a local owner got OEM S02's for $125 a pop at Discount Tire of Plano. I haven't called them myself, however.
Old 04-04-2001, 11:46 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Elistan
[B]Stefan was saying this weekend that a local owner got OEM S02's for $125 a pop at Discount Tire of Plano.
Old 04-04-2001, 11:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by John David
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Elistan
[b]Stefan was saying this weekend that a local owner got OEM S02's for $125 a pop at Discount Tire of Plano.
Old 04-04-2001, 12:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

send a PM to svann
Old 04-11-2001, 07:26 PM

Well this past weekend while hanging out in the Dallas/FortWorth area, I purchased the last S02 tires that the discount tire had 'over ordered'. They were not what I was looking for; it turns out that the last two "OEM S02" tires that the frindley salsman told me over the phone they had were really "Pole Position S02" tires. The salsman told me, "Take 'em or leave 'em, but you can have them for $100.oo a piece". I thought to myself how much dry preformance could I lose? I told myself w/ the $200 dollars I was saving, I couldn't pass them up! So I had them put on. Instantly I noticed a difference... I guess it was just b/c I was use to no rubber back there, and now I had some. The difference wasn't bad at the time, just different.

That was until today. Today was the first day I pushed the car hard (I know what you are thinking: how the hell did John go for nearly five days w/out driving like an ass down some hard core twisties. Trust me I'm wondering the same thing myself... But give me a break, I was in Dallas for part of the time and ever since I've made it back I have been working hard and haven't had a chance to take off while it was daylight out. OKAY?) Anyhow this afternoon I took her out and made up for the absent twisty fun, AND to say the least I do not like these crappy tires. I was never one to complain about the rear end stepping out on our cars, it use to do it, but it is very easy to correct and is wellll kinda fun when it happens. However, with the pole positions on the rear of the car, the ass end just floats back there... there simply isn't enough rubber on the ground. Acceleration is great, braking is probably better than the OEM, but cornering just flat out sucks.

Sorry for my ranting, I know this was kinda of a long post.

In short don't get the Pole Positions no matter how cheap they are. If the S03 are anything like the S02PP, (which I believe they are) they are gonna suck also. OEM is the only way to go period -- In my opinion of course!
Old 04-11-2001, 08:17 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the Porsche OEM version of the S02, and even they suck. Hey Aaron, hurry up with that group buy!!!
Old 04-11-2001, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I NEED TIRES BADLY!
Old 04-12-2001, 04:27 AM

Originally posted by John David
Well this past weekend while hanging out in the Dallas/FortWorth area, I purchased the last S02 tires that the discount tire had 'over ordered'. They were not what I was looking for; it turns out that the last two "OEM S02" tires that the frindley salsman told me over the phone they had were really "Pole Position S02" tires. The salsman told me, "Take 'em or leave 'em, but you can have them for $100.oo a piece". I thought to myself how much dry preformance could I lose? I told myself w/ the $200 dollars I was saving, I couldn't pass them up! So I had them put on. Instantly I noticed a difference... I guess it was just b/c I was use to no rubber back there, and now I had some. The difference wasn't bad at the time, just different.

That was until today. Today was the first day I pushed the car hard (I know what you are thinking: how the hell did John go for nearly five days w/out driving like an ass down some hard core twisties. Trust me I'm wondering the same thing myself... But give me a break, I was in Dallas for part of the time and ever since I've made it back I have been working hard and haven't had a chance to take off while it was daylight out. OKAY?) Anyhow this afternoon I took her out and made up for the absent twisty fun, AND to say the least I do not like these crappy tires. I was never one to complain about the rear end stepping out on our cars, it use to do it, but it is very easy to correct and is wellll kinda fun when it happens. However, with the pole positions on the rear of the car, the ass end just floats back there... there simply isn't enough rubber on the ground. Acceleration is great, braking is probably better than the OEM, but cornering just flat out sucks.

Sorry for my ranting, I know this was kinda of a long post.

In short don't get the Pole Positions no matter how cheap they are. If the S03 are anything like the S02PP, (which I believe they are) they are gonna suck also. OEM is the only way to go period -- In my opinion of course!
You should have listened to TEX_S2k and me! OEM S02's all the way!

At least you paid $100 less for each tire than I did! Did you get the 245/45/16?

[Edited by joe_s2k on 04-16-2001 at 08:15 PM]

Quick Reply: SO2 Tires are on backorder!!!!