Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

Softtop Replacement (SA/Austin)

Old 09-27-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Softtop Replacement (SA/Austin)

[Price & Info updated as of April 15, 2024]
Hey everyone in the Central Texas region. I've been working off of word-of-mouth since 2013 and figured I'd put an official post out here that I replace softtops on S2000s and Miatas for the local community. I've done well over 30 S2000 softtops and plenty of NA/NB/NC Miatas.

1. Contact me by PM here on S2KI, in this thread, or if you know me on Facebook that's fine as well but sometimes Messenger doesn't notify me consistently.
2. Order the top you want, make sure you get the conversion kit if you're wanting a glass window and/or if your frame is from a 2000-2001. The kit includes straps to support the extra weight of glass.
3. Bring your car and the new softtop over to my place. I usually have these done within 6-7 hours or so. Typically drop off one day, pick up the next or can be done same-day if dropped off early enough.
4. Cash, Venmo, PayPal, CashApp, etc. No checks.

Labor
Base Install: $700

Labor As Needed:
Glass Conversion Kit: Base Install + $50

That's it. I recommend calling topsonline.com and asking for Seta or Vic; let them know you're an s2ki member and they'll give you free shipping. I usually recommend the Robbins Stayfast Cloth tops, but Sierra and Haartz have come out with great results as well.

TopsOnline: https://www.topsonline.com/
2000-2001 frame: TopsOnline 2000-2001 Honda S2000
2002-2009 frame: TopsOnline 2002-2009 Honda S2000

If you're closer to the Dallas region I recommend you contact Clovis in the North Texas sub-boards
If you're around Houston hit up Kenneth Velasquez on FB (@S2_Ken on Instagram).

Otherwise, if you have any questions, please let me know and I'll see if I can get an answer for you.

Last edited by RavynX; 04-16-2024 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Title Change
The following users liked this post:
Gap1 (12-12-2023)
Old 10-09-2017, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plastic or glass replacement

Good to know someone can do this in SA. I have a 2001 plastic window that I want to replace.

Is there a way to just replace the plastic without replacing the whole top? Is there a way to convert the plastic to glass without replacing the whole top?
Old 10-10-2017, 09:13 AM

good to know man! I'll contacting you soon... I'm in Austin, and my AP2 is getting small holes here and there ):
Old 11-09-2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by sato
Good to know someone can do this in SA. I have a 2001 plastic window that I want to replace.

Is there a way to just replace the plastic without replacing the whole top? Is there a way to convert the plastic to glass without replacing the whole top?
A past coworker got hit by the hailstorm right after he replaced his softtop. He cut out the old glass and used glass from an old top to glue and sew in to the existing top. It can be done but it's a ton of work and mess.

Originally Posted by memo-24
good to know man! I'll contacting you soon... I'm in Austin, and my AP2 is getting small holes here and there ):
Sounds good, just send me a PM when you're ready. I can mail you some patches from an old top to get you by in the mean time if you want to pay for postage or if you know an autocrosser that lives in Austin I can send some back with them.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:32 PM

Default Just wondering if you still doing the installs

Originally Posted by RavynX
Hey everyone in the Central Texas region. I've been working off of word-of-mouth since 2013 and figured I'd put an official post out here that I replace softtops on S2000s and Miatas for the local community. I've done at least 15+ S2000 softtops, 2 NA Miatas, 4 NB Miatas, and 1 NC Miata.

1. Contact me by PM here or if you know me on Facebook that's fine as well; sometimes Messenger doesn't notify me.
2. Order the top you want, make sure you get the conversion kit if you're wanting a glass window and if your frame is from a 2000-2001. The kit includes straps to support the extra weight of glass.
3. Bring your car and new softtop over to my place. I usually have these done within 6-7 hours or so. Typically drop off one day, pick up the next or can be done same-day if dropped off early enough.
4. Cash or PayPal, no checks unless you're a family friend.

Labor
Base Install: $520 ($500 if paying with cash)

Labor As Needed:
Glass Conversion Kit: +$40
If you buy an EZ-ON top, +$40. (details below)

That's it. I recommend calling topsonline.com and asking for Seta or Vic; let them know you're an s2ki member and they'll give you free shipping. I usually recommend the Robbins Stayfast Cloth tops, but Sierra and Haartz have come out with great results as well. I do not recommend the EZ-ON brand in regards to installation and final finish. They leave the top unfinished requiring installers to punch out all of the necessary holes or widen existing ones. Installing the top in the rain rail is an additional pain to work with compared to the other brands. Lastly, you can see the plastic backing around the glass window when the top is lowered in the tray. All in all that's why I do not recommend the EZ-ON brand and where the extra $40 charge comes from.

If you're closer to the Dallas region I recommend you contact Clovis in the North Texas sub-boards
If you're around Houston hit up Kenneth Velasquez on FB (@S2_Ken on Instagram).

Otherwise, if you have any questions, please let me know and I'll see if I can get an answer for you.
You mind giving me your Facebook info.

Old 10-16-2021, 05:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hello. Are you still doing this work? Do you also perform soft top repairs? I have about a 1.5"" tear in my soft top and looking to have it repaired. Do not think it requires an entire replacement at this time.

Old 10-16-2021, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sean von Muldau
Hello. Are you still doing this work? Do you also perform soft top repairs? I have about a 1.5"" tear in my soft top and looking to have it repaired. Do not think it requires an entire replacement at this time.
Hi Sean,

Yep, I just completed a top install this morning. I have another one coming up in November as well. I unfortunately do not do repairs as I don't have much experience in that area with different adhesives out there; just haven't made the time to do research on it. I do have patches from old tops that people can have if they want to attempt a repair themselves.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im from SA, is there san antonio S2k meet??
Old 10-16-2021, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by tonythetiger
Im from SA, is there san antonio S2k meet??
​​​​​​You'd get better visibility posting a separate topic on meets than in a softtop thread.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking to delete my soft top along with the motors. know a place in SA?

Quick Reply: Softtop Replacement (SA/Austin)