Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

ARC induction box

Old 02-12-2007, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARC induction box

Was trying to find some reviews on this intake and can't seem to find any? Honda dealership lost my INJEN intake and they have to replace with another intake, i don't want to go with another cold air intake since that was the reason my first engine hydrolocked. I was trying to look into the ARC intake but as i said, it doesn't seem theres any reviews on it. so if anyone on s2ki is running one of these please tell me what you think of it over a CAI..........need info soon anyone please feel free to chime in their opinions. thanks in advance for any help.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:22 AM

ARC induction box looks hot under the hood but I heard it gets a lot of heat soak and doesnt add much to any hp. Thats just what I have heard from reading the forums but I could be wrong bc I dont have one personally. and if you dont mide me asking how did the dealership lose your intake?? what dealership was that at?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by 1black_lude,Feb 13 2007, 06:22 AM
ARC induction box looks hot under the hood but I heard it gets a lot of heat soak and doesnt add much to any hp.
That's pretty much correct. It sits there sucking in all the hot air from your engine bay. When we dynod my friends he actually lost some hp. From what I hear the stock airbox is pretty much a perfect design and all you really need is a snorkel.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:37 PM

Hmm,

Dealership is here in corpus christi where im from and they told me that the guy who had removed my intake had put it in his tool box and later got fired. By the time i went back to pick it up they gave me that excuse and told me they would replace it or cut me a check for that amount. As for your feedback and opinions on the ARC, Yea i've heard that it does take in alot of heatsoak and that seems obvious b/c of where it sits but i just wasn't sure what to believe since i have read some forums discussing it and a few peeps were actually defending it saying it was badass. only thing is none of them seemed to actually own one to be able to put in a valid review. I've heard good about them and for the money they charge and other products i've seen coming from them they seem like a pretty good company. And it really looks nice with that red filter and ARC in white across it. But im going more for performance and was hoping that perhaps it was just that badass to where it actually did give alot performance wise.....seems noone has anything good to say. i'll keep searching on this. Thanks for the input guys i really appreciate it. if anyone is running and intake that they would recommend let me know as im just in the process of getting one, don't want to make the wrong choice.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:52 PM

In my opinion the J's racing CF intake is the best looking one of them all.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:36 AM

so what about an ARC intake with a snorkle?

or is the problem with a metal box sitting in the engine bay? would insulation solve the problem?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:09 PM

Old 05-03-2007, 06:53 AM

anyone have a cheap snorkel they want to sell?
Old 05-06-2007, 02:21 PM

Im looking at the ARC box and now im wondering how does it attach to the car?Can someone post pics?I kinda have a wild idea in my head...
Old 05-06-2007, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by alleykat,May 6 2007, 02:21 PM
Im looking at the ARC box and now im wondering how does it attach to the car?Can someone post pics?I kinda have a wild idea in my head...

Quick Reply: ARC induction box