Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Car Status - Ankle Status...

Old 11-04-2002, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Status - Ankle Status...

To whom it may concern:

Car
I ordered the J's 4.44 gear today. It will be here in 2-3 weeks. The Kaaz differential has been sent to Kaaz for cleaning and inspection; it will be returned sometime next week. The final gear set and differential housing will be shipped off once the gear set arrives for cryogenic freezing. I have not gotten a recent quote or expected ETA on the cryo treatment yet. I'm still deciding who will assemble the differential. I have a quote from Hocus Pocus, and Comptech has not called me back (no big surprise). So, that's that.

Ankle
I rolled my ankle playing basketball a few weeks ago (10/21) and I knew right away that it was more than the normal sprained ankle. I've sprained ankles many times, and this time it just felt very different...much more intense pain. It swelled up nicely, I missed a day or work, then the swelling started to go down. As the swelling went down it revealed quite a bit of bruising underneath the skin. The bruising was under the ankle on the outside of the foot, but continues half-way to my toes (I can post pics if you wish ). As the days went on the swelling would move and different parts of my foot would show bruising as well. It was obvious that this was bad enough that I needed to go to the doctor. My primary care physician told me that I had obviously torn some ligaments and that I should go ahead and get Xrays, but pretty much told me to use the R.I.C.E. method. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. The Xrays came back negative, but the ankle was still in bad shape after 2 weeks, so I went to a bone/join sports medicine doctor on Friday because my primary physician hadn't really done much towards telling me what to do about the ankle (it also took him 4 days to call me about the xray results). The sports medicine doctor told me I had obviously torn some ligaments and that this wasn't the first time that this ankle had been severely sprained (which I already knew). He was able to tell this from the tests he applied on my ankle...that ankle was extremely loose and almost slipping out of joint when he pulled on it.

So, they prescribed me to wear this knee-high boot/brace for three weeks. Luckily my car is broken, so I can't complain too much. I've been getting rides from my family / girlfriend to and from work (downtown) since the injury and will have to continue at least until I stop wearing this huge boot. After the boot they want me to do some physical therapy, and then be re-avaluated with the chance for surgery being needed. So, I'm not really sure when I can drive again, or play basketball again...but I can walk without too much pain. The boot is heavy, and makes my leg tired but I don't feel any real pain while walking. I can even limp around with no support on the ankle but I couldn't run if I needed to. So, that is that.

So, I'm obviously out of commission for a few months. I also found out that my current contract position is going away at the end of the year...so we'll see if my consulting company can find me something new or else I might be looking for a job.

Once everything gets fixed you'll see me out and about again. Until then...
Old 11-04-2002, 09:59 AM

Get well soon Wes. Good luck on the job thing too.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:14 AM

good luck wesley...with the job, the ankle, and the car.

edit:

btw, i've heard alcohol can take away the pain you're feeling
Old 11-04-2002, 10:58 AM

Get well soon Wes. Must be your right foot you messed up huh.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:32 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2000-SOTO
[B]Get well soon Wes.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:38 PM

get well soon!
Old 11-04-2002, 12:41 PM

Hope you are up and about soon. If you need the names of some good sports therapists let me know, I have a couple of friends that studied sports therapy.
Mario
Old 11-04-2002, 01:07 PM

Get well wes!
Old 11-04-2002, 01:35 PM

So your doctor prescribed rice, huh? Did you tell your doctor that an endless number of S2K owners from around the world would infinitely berate you if you took that advice?
Old 11-05-2002, 12:51 AM

Originally posted by BlueIrishS2k
So your doctor prescribed rice, huh? Did you tell your doctor that an endless number of S2K owners from around the world would infinitely berate you if you took that advice?
I was just about to make that joke! Get well Wes! When you are 100%, we can play a little one on one. Bring it!

Quick Reply: Car Status - Ankle Status...