Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Top gear American version

Old 12-04-2010, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top gear American version

Has anyone seen the new US version of Top gear? I don't know why the History channel thought this was a good idea. These new guys are a disgrace to an amazing show. Leave it to American television to F up a great show. Don't get me wrong I love America (born and raised). I'm just saying our television is awful. You can clearly see that this entire program is scripted and these Morons are terrible actors...they don't even seem like they are even interested in cars. Yes I know that the British Top Gear is somewhat scripted, but they at least make it believable. Come on!! The only good thing I saw from this episode was the drifting (which I love) and they were making fun of it. The Tanner guy was the only one that I liked he is the only one who knows what he is talking about. Disappointing.....
Old 12-04-2010, 03:16 AM

History didn't come up with the idea for the show, it's been floating around for a while. Basically some morons thought they could reproduce the British show here even though the revenue models were different. Almost every major network didn't want the show until History picked it up for some reason.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:26 AM

yea tanner i believe is a professional driver and was on a show on HD theatre. Kid can drive. I believe the show was called supercars exposed.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:05 AM

The U.S. show sucks but I love the original.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:53 AM

Tanner is a pro driver and competes in formula d. He also races rally. And I think he is looking into doing some kind of truck baja racing to. He also does a lot of stunt driving.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:57 PM

werd tanner ftw. i dont know why the hell that other guy ( dark hair, not the fat one) is on the show. he's a horrible driver. seems like he's doing all of this for the first time. couldnt lay down any rubber in a 370z, he ended up burning the clutch.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:14 PM

^^^^werd!! anybody who can't do a burn out should not be around a car... let alone a car TV show. Especially Top gear!!...worthless.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The show has improved from the first episode IMO but it's nowhere near the original. It's not like Top Gear started out of the gates like it is today. Try watching the very first episode and even the first series sometime. Even they took some time to find their legs.

Originally Posted by 9krevvin,Dec 4 2010, 02:33 AM
Yes I know that the British Top Gear is somewhat scripted, but they at least make it believable.
Most of the time they do. There have been quite a few moments for me and I'm huge fan of TGUK.

Originally Posted by 9krevvin,Dec 4 2010, 02:33 AM
Leave it to American television to F up a great show. Don't get me wrong I love America (born and raised). I'm just saying our television is awful.
I'm still willing to give TGUS a chance -- for now. It's nowhere near as horribly adapted as the US versions of Robot Wars or Iron Chef, to name a couple of examples off the top of my head. It needs to evolve into its own thing. Anyone expecting it to exactly replicate TGUK is going to be disappointed.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:37 AM

The question is then when will they reinvent the show and who is going to leave the show and go make a less successful spin off with a similar name.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by 240toS2k,Dec 6 2010, 11:37 AM
The question is then when will they reinvent the show and who is going to leave the show and go make a less successful spin off with a similar name.
fifth gear America!

Quick Reply: Top gear American version