Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

No driving for me I guess..

Old 12-10-2012, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No driving for me I guess..

So yesterday my car began overheating quite a lot.. I brought it into the nearest Honda dealership today so they could have a look and tell me what was wrong, and I'm surprised at what they found. Seems that some wires got pulled into the fan on the back of the radiator (Koyorad) and pushed that fan against the radiator causing it to chew a hole in the radiator and shred the wires.. ruining both my radiator and the fan. I was told that there was no way these wires should have been able to work their way into that fan unless they were basically left right in front of it when they built the thing. Now I've got a car I can't drive and an enormous green puddle in my garage.. Does T1 stand by the work they do or will they not be bothered?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:32 PM

what was the work T1 did? turbo kit installation?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by zexen
what was the work T1 did? turbo kit installation?
Pretty much everything under the hood is a result of their work, and some other things as well (wheels, suspension) but yes that includes the turbo, and the radiator I mentioned
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm betting T1 won't help on this, any warranty would have been exclusive to the original owner only, but it's worth a try.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely ask T1. They may cut you a break on the labor and parts. Also, you have no proof that the damage is as a result of T1 not doing the work correctly. What if the previous owner did something? Just be humble, sincere and see what happens.

A general rule=> as soon as modifications are done to a car (especially as significant as adding a turbo), in my book that means no more dealer servicing.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

that sucks but that's the chance you take buying a modified anything sometimes problems arise give t1 a call you never know. is the motor hurt or you just need some wiring and radiator? i would be willing to help you repair it if you want i was a tech for 15 years pm me if you want. hope this doesn't turn you off of the car good luck
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by s2k manic
that sucks but that's the chance you take buying a modified anything sometimes problems arise give t1 a call you never know. is the motor hurt or you just need some wiring and radiator? i would be willing to help you repair it if you want i was a tech for 15 years pm me if you want. hope this doesn't turn you off of the car good luck
I believe it's just the radiator and wiring. I emailed them and I'll probably hear back tomorrow, the previous owner said they were usually helpful so we'll see.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:06 PM

I agree with ^! It could have been several different things, but being this soon after you purchased its a little suspicious...

It could have been having issues and then the previous owner decided to trade before it got worse. It could have been "test driven" while at the dealership and unknowingly messed up by a bad driver. T1 is probably the last place I would place blame because if there were issues the previous owner would have been dealing with T1 prior to trading...
Old 12-10-2012, 08:41 PM

posting this shit here before getting a response aint helping your situation
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by turbosix
posting this shit here before getting a response aint helping your situation
Neither is your attitude oddly enough. Feel free to not reply on my thread.

Quick Reply: No driving for me I guess..