Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

FS: Magnetic Drain Plug Sets

Old 12-24-2006, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: Magnetic Drain Plug Sets

I'm posting these here as a way to unload the stock that I have (I am basically getting out of the retail business) and make a deal to local people in the club. These prices are for NTS2KOC club members only!

Here's a chance to get a set of drain plugs for your engine & transmission for only $17 ($19 shipped, you can pick up locally in Mansfield, PM me for info). I'll also sell plugs individually for $9 apiece ($11 shipped).

As you may know your oil filter bypasses when the oil is cold & thick, on startup, or at high RPMs at high pressure. Since the filter is out of the loop & not filtering, you are at risk of circulating any metal shavings or debris in your oil pan. Running a magnetic drain plug also serves as a great early-warning indicator of any damage that may be ocurring inside your engine. With this you can usually identify a problem before it's too late to save the motor.

With your transmission, it has NO filter to keep out metallic debris. Honda transmissions come with a magnet in the case, but you cannot access it to clean it and once it's full... it stops taking any new debris out of circulation. I can tell you from experience that I have seen plenty of transmissions with 50k miles or more that have a saturated magnet. Every time you grind a gear... you need that magnet to get that material out of the oil. This plug will help catch anything that the OEM magnet does not, and also help indicate if you have a problem that needs to be looked at- before it becomes catastrophic. If you see a lot of shavings on this plug, you know there is trouble brewing.

These plugs:
- are made of hard anodized aluminum (VERY lightweight and strong, won't corrode or rust)
- will hold over 2 lbs of steel!
- neodymium magnet won't rust
- come with a soft aluminum crush washer (like OEM) for a perfect seal

Compare to Spoon or even generic plugs on ebay that sell for MUCH more. These are the highest quality, you know if I'm selling these that you WILL be satisfied.

These fit all Hondas that I am aware of, plus other makes/models using a 14mm x 1.50 pitch bolt. It will NOT fit Honda automatic or sportshift transmissions. The transmission plug is the same as the ATTS plug for Type SH Prelude owners.

Again, PM me if you would like to pick these up in Mansfield (use these PayPal links if you want me to just ship them to you).

Honda Drain Plug SET (Engine AND Manual Transmission) - $19 shipped
[URL=https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=orders%40marcuccimotorsports.com&item_nam e=Engine+and+Tranny+Mag+Drain+Plug+Set+s2ki&amount =19.00&no_note=1
Old 12-26-2006, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Todd - can you hold onto a set of these for me(or give them to Billy) - I will be up at Billy's next weekend and can pay you then.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:40 AM

Will do.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:24 AM

I would like a transmission plug, but I don't live in Texas so I'm not a member of the north texas club. If you have any left over after letting the club members buy them, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:06 PM

Great deal on these guys! I have a set and they do pick up little bits every fluid change.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:06 PM

No diff plugs, sorry...

Others PM'd or emailed. Thanks!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 07:27 PM

I will probably have to wai tuntil Friday to stop by to pick mine up... but I want two sets... one for the old car.... one for the new...
Old 12-26-2006, 09:19 PM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

Civic Si sedan? Great choice, congrats!!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:21 PM

Received 400 Likes on 221 Posts

Oh, Todd. I would pick up a set, but my car is leased and, honestly, I just don't care.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:06 AM
Banned

I have to admit, I had my doubts about these plugs and how effective they'd be...

But I just picked up a set and I could not believe how STRONG those magnets are! These will definitely work and your car will benefit from having them...

Free bump for a worthwhile product, and great seller.

(Todd, send checks or money order via paypal, ok?)

Quick Reply: FS: Magnetic Drain Plug Sets