Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

So how many of ya'll ride

Old 08-26-2012, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by pakman08
I really want a red/black cbr 600 or gixser 600...I really don't know much bout bikes yet, but once I get close to getting one I will do more research...I've rode my friends Kawasaki 250 and that just feels to slow so I figured a 600 would be perfect to start on!

Had a GSXR 600 and still have a ZX600 and can honestly say starting on a 600 sport bike is a giant first step. The CBR 250 or 250 Kawasaki is a great first bike. Oopsies with the throttle input and turning are MUCH more forgiving on a 250 where as the same oopsie on a 600 (or higher) will leave you having an accident. Once you max out your riding capability on a 250 just sell it for what you paid and step on up. You'll be able to translate all you learned to the bigger bike and be a much better rider. I'm sure Lookin4as2k will tell you how much value there is in starting small. Just my .02
Old 08-27-2012, 02:23 PM

Well I haven't decided for sure yet, but will definetly do way more research once I'm closer to actually buying one...plus I'm going to make sure to get way more practise on my friends ninja 250 before I buy...I've got the basic idea on how to drive a bike but am in no way a pro on the 250! Plus I don't plan on getting one for atleast a year at the least, so just practise on my friends as much as possible and hopefully have enough experience riding by then.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pakman08
Well I haven't decided for sure yet, but will definetly do way more research once I'm closer to actually buying one...plus I'm going to make sure to get way more practise on my friends ninja 250 before I buy...I've got the basic idea on how to drive a bike but am in no way a pro on the 250! Plus I don't plan on getting one for atleast a year at the least, so just practise on my friends as much as possible and hopefully have enough experience riding by then.

If your friend let's you ride his 250 and you have enough self discipline to keep from riding like an idiot, you will be perfectly fine starting out on a 600. Just don't hop on and think you can crank away on the throttle and drag knee on the streets. Take the motorcycle safety course to. Even though I could ride before that, I still learned a few things.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

i use to ride before disability 98 blackbird 145 hp 90 lbs torque sold. 82 Suzuki gs1100e punched out to 1168cc 128hp 95 lbs torque looking to sell fast and scary 78 bmw r100/7 75 Suzuki gt500 titan 2stroke built it in college was a bike tech for 12 years still have bike lift and tools so if some one needs work there are some things l can do let me know ive also got the s down prety good can work on those too have fun riding . Matt
Old 08-27-2012, 07:55 PM

Yea tx2k not gunna lie, I don't ever plan on doing crazy shit on a bike like wheelies and what not..I'm way to much of a pussy for that, it's cool to see others do those kinda things but I don't have a death wish...I just want one to cruise in and enjoy those good weather days we have and every once and a while punch it just to get that adrenaline rush, like I do in the s2k...I've just always liked bikes, how they look the way they Rev up pretty much everything bout them.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:25 AM

Started out on a Vulcan 500 then moved up to the MeanStreak 1600, and wow was that a difference! First sportbike I rode was actually a ZX-10r, my friend and I were out riding one day when I had the MeanStreak and we swapped bikes on the way back. The MS has an @$$-load of power so I already knew how to respect the throttle, but the difference in riding position between the cruiser and the sportbike was a bit intimidating, I felt like I was up too high. Not so much anymore now that I've been on the 250 for a while.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

never was into highway wheelies id ride out a torque wheelie after launching ive watched several friends eat it at speed not pretty broken hands broken feet as your sprawled out on a broken street. hehe sounds like a blues song cuz it is im lucky had some bad getoffs but never life threatening lost some friends back in the day. topped out my blackbird speedo read 205 i figure 195mph you go down at that speed its over it was fun but i dont miss it the gs1100e was way crazy no fairing an at 165 it feels like you could fly off and theres no turning at those speeds
Old 08-28-2012, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only ride with people I know very well. Varying levels of experience and intelligence will get you injured or killed when riding in groups.

I never understood the need for sportbike owners to gather and ride in groups. It's not a Harley chugging along slowly. You always want to open it up (at least I do) grab some twisties and enjoy. You can't do that safely with a bunch of strangers who think they are Rossi.

Some of you say you won't do stupid shit on a bike, but they do it so effortlessly. You'll do it at least once.

They still do those bike nights at High Five Cycles in Dallas. All the insanity still takes over Dallas every Thursday night.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:33 PM

I don't suggest starting on a 600. I also never ride with people really.

Quick Reply: So how many of ya'll ride